This is my 4th trip to Venice, the city I look forward to visiting the most in the world.
I was very disappointed with our stay at the Hilton Stucky, and have stayed at much better 5 star Hotels in Africa.
I thought the hotel management lacks attention to detail.
The pool was the main reason for selecting the hotel, over the other 800 hotels, and not staying on the Grand Canal as we normally do. This was a very poor decision, I am writing this review so that you don't make the same mistake that I did.
Here is a list of our concerns:
* It took us 2 hours for us to get from the Train Station to the hotel, as the Hilton boat had broken down at San Marco. (we came in from Milan by train)
* The pool was filthy, with Algae floating around. (see pic)
* The hotel does not have enough deck chairs at the pool deck. (On the Saturday when we arrived, we could not get a pool chair, all were taken)
* The TV picture quality is very poor. (See pic, very sad considering its the world cup football )
* The shower was not cleaned properly. (see algae on wall pic)
* The room walls are dirty and scuffed, and need maintenance. (see pics)
* No complimentary water in room. (1 bottle in 3 days)
* The dining furniture in the breakfast hall needs upgrading, it feels more like a café, than a 5 star hotel.
On a positive note, the view from our room was spectacular. (see pic)
We are now on our way to the Hilton Heathrow in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotelopia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton