“Disappointing”

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel
Ranked #82 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is my 4th trip to Venice, the city I look forward to visiting the most in the world.
I was very disappointed with our stay at the Hilton Stucky, and have stayed at much better 5 star Hotels in Africa.

I thought the hotel management lacks attention to detail.

The pool was the main reason for selecting the hotel, over the other 800 hotels, and not staying on the Grand Canal as we normally do. This was a very poor decision, I am writing this review so that you don't make the same mistake that I did.

Here is a list of our concerns:
* It took us 2 hours for us to get from the Train Station to the hotel, as the Hilton boat had broken down at San Marco. (we came in from Milan by train)
* The pool was filthy, with Algae floating around. (see pic)
* The hotel does not have enough deck chairs at the pool deck. (On the Saturday when we arrived, we could not get a pool chair, all were taken)
* The TV picture quality is very poor. (See pic, very sad considering its the world cup football )
* The shower was not cleaned properly. (see algae on wall pic)
* The room walls are dirty and scuffed, and need maintenance. (see pics)
* No complimentary water in room. (1 bottle in 3 days)
* The dining furniture in the breakfast hall needs upgrading, it feels more like a café, than a 5 star hotel.

On a positive note, the view from our room was spectacular. (see pic)
We are now on our way to the Hilton Heathrow in London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2014

What an amazing hotel. Great location with complimentary shuttle to Venice which is across the canal.So you get to stay close in but still away from the madness and crowds. We had paid for breakfast in our package but overslept and missed it. They accommodated us and gave us a bread basket and juice etc, which was very courteous of them. we also had to pick up our car rental from the city and realized that the rental office closes in 30 mins. The gentleman at the reception arranged a water taxi for us within minutes and we were on our way. Loved the Hotel and service and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anya778
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

As I would be celebrating my 60th birthday in Venice with 8 friends from Australia, I made reservations in the Skyline Bar for pre-dinner drinks and also in Aromi for dinner. I did this four months before my birthday. All of this was confirmed by emails. On arriving at the reserved time a very rude man, Fabrizio, told me I would be unable to use the bar as it was booked for a private function. I explained my situation and said I had a confirmed booking, but was again rudely told I should just have my drinks at the pool bar. There was no apology or attempt to accommodate my group. We moved to the pool bar where there was no seating for us - as the two couches were occupied by people using the pool. I might add we were all dressed to go to dinner - not for swimming! Consequently, we decided to cancel the dinner reservation as my special night had been ruined by the lack of empathy shown by the manager of the Skyline Bar. I had chosen this place after researching Tripadvisor, and now I hope people take notice of my review. Of all the places I have visited I have never been treated so badly. Had I been emailed to notify me of the changes it could have been a different story. This hotel ruined my birthday and I would recommend never going there.

Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Cats1954
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having used Hilton's worldwide I must say this easily makes my top 3. Spectacular roof top views of Venice, wonderful Executive Club and spacious rooms. The staff is outstanding. We took the airport taxi boat directly to and from their dock. In addition, they operate their own boat (a restored yacht) to and from the pier near St. Mark's square. After full days of walking Venice or taking the ferry to other islands like Burano and Murano getting back to the hotel and relaxing on the rooftop with its views was wonderful

Room Tip: ideal rooms face Venice but there are wonderful rooms facing canals that surround the hotel; corner...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank havrmh
Reviewed 2 July 2014

From airport take Taxi Boat directly to Hilton's' pier
If you stay in hotel in Venice city, will have to roll your suitcase on cobblestone streets - no valet will meet you at the pier

Free boat shuttle every hour to Venice. Beautiful ride and leaves every hour
Pat end of day you leave the hustle and bustle of Venice where there are 1000's of tourist
Concierge and staff are great and helpful
Restaurants good

Highly recommend
Worth the extra cost

Beautiful 5 star hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank StellaS364
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Unlike other reviewers we did our homework before staying at the Hilton. we were aware that it was on an island and that we would have to use a shuttle boat to get into VEnice. That was fine and worked well for us. We were also aware that Venice was an expensive city, and were prepared to pay. We also knew that this was a converted Mill and not a conventional hotel and as such had a unique appearance and interior.
The hotel was huge, one of the largest that I have ever stayed in. Rooftop bar was excellent. food good, as was bar food downstairs in the main bar - comparable in price to Hiltons everywhere. Executive lounge good for a quick snack and relax when returning from sightseeing in Venice. Large choice for breakfast. Would have loved to have visited the nutella piazza but didn't have time.
Room clean and excellent - with a view of Venice.Not huge rooms but who wants to go to Venice and sit in a bedroom? Great to watch the cruise ships sail past the bedroom window. A unique experience. Staff wonderful , we even watched them rescue a female from the canal in the early hours of the morning.
I would choose this hotel again because I would not like to be in the centre of Venice thronged by crowds. I liked the quiet island and not only was there a free shuttle provided by the hotel but it was only a couple of minutes walk to the Palanca boat.
We did visit some other hotels whilst in Venice. The Londra will not let you use the toilet even if you dine there. Another very expensive hotel on Guidecca did not appeal to me as much as the Hilton.
We hope to return again sometime.

Room Tip: It is worth paying for a room with a view of the canal and Cruise ships.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shanmoyle
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lovely location ( close to St Marc Square yet away from the maddening crowd ), great property with nice rooms, good food and restaurants and the usual high standards of Hilton hospitality.

Awesomeness Quotient.....

a) The sky lounge and Rooftop Swimming Pool. Has some awesome views of Venice
b) Baccaromi Restaurants - Great Food with awesome views of the Canal
c) Views from the rooms are really nice
d) Venice usually has small boutique hotels, The Hilton Molino Stucky is a landmark in itself on the Guddecca island

Not-so-Awesome Quotient

a) The swimming pool was not clean

Overall a great property and the best in Venice. Would i stay here again. Oh yes - always !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family