“In Venice, but away from the Fray”

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel
Ranked #82 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a beautiful property on Guidecca Island. The hotel has a free shuttle that runs over to St Mark's square. Just need to make sure you plan your day around the schedule. Beautiful views of Venice from the roof-top pool and bar area. Staff is very helpful. I was surprised how big our room was for Europe and we were in an Executive King versus a suite. Bedroom was about 15' x 15' and there was a half wall at the head of the bed with a 6' wide area behind it that was the "office" area.

Best way to get there from the airport is by water taxi which doesn't take more than 20 minutes, about 15 minutes to the cruise peer.

Room Tip: Probably best to have a porter take your bags to your room as the hotel consists on 9 different buil...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CherylK77381

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We are a family of four and loved this hotel. The water taxi ride from the airport took approximately 30 mins. Check in was swift, friendly and efficient. We had 2 adjacent rooms on the first floor with a lovely water view. Although the hotel is located right on the busy canal, the rooms are very quiet and well appointed. Beds very comfortable and rooms spotless. The rooftop pool/bar has amazing views over Venice and has a lovely vibe with nice music playing in the background. The hotel offers a regular shuttle boat across the river and also to St Mark's Square. The hotel is also close to restaurants and cafe's. It's lovely to return to the hotel after a busy day of sightseeing as it's away from the hordes of tourists. We loved it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank slinkyminxsydney
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My trip to Venice was a birthday present from my boyfriend for my 19th birthday so can't really complain as I didn't pay a penny however the only real down side was that wifi was around €20+ a day and tv was €25. I know that's not much money but seeing as my boyfriend spent over £250 a night on the room I really would have expected to have this all included. We recently went to Thailand and again stayed in a few 5* hotels and all about £100 cheaper a night and they included wifi tv and one even had a play station 4 and a tv in the bathroom with no added cost yet with hilton you have to be a gold or diamond member to use the wifi for free. But anyway rant over about that! Our first day we didn't really have much of a plan, arriving at the airport just before lunch we didn't even know how to get to the hotel felt so un organised. We shortly found out that there were either private speed boats that are €180 for 4 people or there is a public boat that unfortunately does take about 2 hours to get to the hilton stop but this Is just €27 return. We took this and at first regretted it but as it went the long way around we managed to take a lot of photographs on the way. There is one last way we found out which is if you go on the venicelink.com website you can book a shared transfer which costs around €30 I think each to get there but you have to book this 2 days prior to traveling. We wished we found this out earlier so I hope this helps anyone who doesn't want to pay nearly €200 but still wants the experience. Arriving at the hotel we were blown away with how amazing it looked, was such a grand building! And the smell as you walk in is just lovely sounds strange but every day walking through the doors the smell was just gorgeous! The reception ladies are lovely especially the lady who checked us in, she spoke so many languages it was very impressive. Our room was easy to get to and on the Same lift as the pool and sky bar which was handy. The room was a little small but then I was comparing the whole holiday to our last that I mentioned above, and of course venice is ALOT more expensive than Thailand! I would highly recommend getting a room that includes breakfast as it can be around €90 for 3 days just for breakfast. But the breakfast was amazing!! The pool and sky bar both have the most spectacular view over Venice and I am pretty sure this is the only hotel that has a pool in Venice and being there in August that certainly came in handy. There was a bar man that I really liked he seemed to put just that little bit more effort in than the others. Unfortunately I didn't get his name but he was I think the only one who worked the pool bar and in the sky bar. Waking up in Venice was incredible probably the best birthday I'm ever going to have I can't think of a way to top it! For my birthday meal we went to one of the hotels restaurants the Baromi restaurant I think it was, the one with the Venetian menu. Our waiter was Giuseppe he was so lovely and helpful. Probably the best service we received throughout the whole stay. Before going to Venice a lot of people told us to stay away as it would be so busy but it really wasnt that bad and being used to London I don't think it was any worse than walking down Oxford street. And in some places there were hardly any people, it's only the main square and the Rialto bridge that had tonnes of people and everywhere else was fine. As the hilton has a free shuttle id always recommend getting off at The first stop as the second can get rather busy. Also we found out whilst being there that the hilton offers a free speed boat to Morano the glass island and a free tour around a glass factory. This was in one of the classic speed boats which if you don't want to fork out for one of this to and from the airport it's a good way to get the experience of them for free! The glass there is incredible I was taken back by one particular item of glass but was then told it was over €40,000 so shortly changed my mind about buying it! I don't really know what else I can add. So overall I would definitely recommend this hotel I know if I ever go back to Venice there's no way I'd stay anywhere else but the hilton!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank millieturner95
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

If you are a Hilton member as I am , you are used to a full service hotel. This is a full service but there are somethings you need to be aware

This seemed to be the best hotel for 4 days of vacation in Venice.

To be clear, an "incredibly clean" and great location property, Staff is friendly but very rushed and confused.

We were sent a note from the concierge prior to and expecting our arrival. As a diamond member we were checked in fairly quickly but others did not fare as well.

The Concierge information is very inaccurate, DONT rely on their advice or information, boat times, ferry times or schedules are very inaccurate. They really don't know the area and you need to do your research.

Go online and be sure yourself.

Business centre computers sometimes work, out of 3 this trip only one worked. The Internet wifi in the room is spotty. (This is all of Italy)

Hotel amenities longer than 2 days are cut back, no additional soap, no coffee. If you call they say being sent up, never makes it.

In the morning we had the do not disturb sign but they kept knocking every 30 minutes between 10am and 11:30am. Finally opened the door and advised them and they acted as if we were inconveniencing them.

Shuttle boats in peak times you may not make on. Twice we waited for the scheduled boat from across the canal and it arrived full, pulled in but backed right out after saying they were full.

They would zip over to the hotel (5 min by the schedule) and wait for 30 minutes instead of coming back for everyone left behind. Total confusion.

If you are here for a night or 2 between a cruise arrival or departure then you should be fine. If you are here for longer and expecting Hilton service, then you will be disappointed.

Concierge lounge confused and hectic. This should be an area of quiet and relaxing. There were many confusing days with dishes crashing and staff rushing around. Not a time to relax.

Yes, this is a high tourist and great location but DONT expect a full service property. If you set your sights a little lower then you will not be disappointed.

There were some staff members that did stand out for excellence one being "Rana" in the outside restaurant.

Looks like management is not guiding the staff and they are not visible and in charge

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John F
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We spent 3 lovely nights in Venice and called the Hilton Molino Stucky our home. This is a modern renovated old factory in the Guidecca area - across the main shipping channel from the main tourist areas of Venice. Depending on what you're looking for, it could be perfect, or like we found, it could be a bit inconvenient.

The Good: we found our room to be modern, clean, and big. There is a beautiful pool and skybar on the roof (and hotel pools are hard to find in Venice). There is a beautiful view from here. The hotel has all the amenities you can imagine (several places to eat, fitness, spa, etc). We had no complaints about the hotel itself. It is also likely this hotel is a bit more reasonably priced than those closer to San Marco given its location. Excellent service and staff.

The Bad: The Hotel's location on the far end of Guidecca makes it more difficult to access the main areas of San Marco etc. There is a complimentary hotel boat to take you across the channel (great...) but we found that the service is too irregular and inconsistent and left us often feel rushed. Venice is a city you want to relax, allow yourself to get lost, and lose track of time. This ferry requirement makes it a bit complicated, and gives you a curfew (last boat at 00:40). That being said if you prefer a quieter part of the city away from the hustle and bustle this may be for you. We also were a bit disappointed at the limited number of rooms available (and for reasonable price) that actually face Venice. Chances are you will have a view of the inner courtyard, or the adjacent factory (which has not been restored).

We had a nice time here at the Hilton but when we return to Venice we will stay closer to the main sights and in the city itself. We regretted not doing this. If you have kids and don't mind the ferry ride or want the Hilton points, stay here. Otherwise do yourself a favor and stay on the other side of the channel.

Room Tip: If you can, pay up for a room with the view of Venice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NosyBeaver
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Getting to the Hotel was really easy with the Bus taxi.the Hilton has its very own stop. So you dont need to walk around with luggage looking for the hotel.the reception is small considering thd size of the hotel.but overall the service was great and very helpfull.they organized all our tours that we had booked in.we stayed in a standard room, clean ,comfortable and decent size bathroom.we had no views.roof top view by the pool was amazing.only doors shut at 9 so cant really see the night life.the buffet breakfast was nice couldnt ask for any better.no wifi in room unless you pay, but then again they have courtesy wifi on ground level with a fair size lounge with sofa chairs.tv was slow and every channel was in italian.so didnt understand anything. .free shuttle boat to take you accross to st Marco. Overall very nice and would stay again........

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed with friends in lovely Venice Jan. 2014.

I had a sea view room that was fantastic. The hotel is very nice and the room was super with old and authentic interiors and spacious bathroom. Amazingly there was a water hose beside the toilet which was a v. nice surprise for me as an Arab.

The views were great, staff were helpful but internet was slow.

I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it for couples for a romantic stay.

Take the sea view room, it's worth it.
The only drawback is the limitation for the return time to the hotel from the mainland/nightlife places. If you missed the hotel taxi, you'll have to hire one.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends