I was tempted by the pool and expecting/hoping that the non-central location would be more than compensated for by more space, better facilities and better value for money but it didn't happen. next time I would stay on venice island.
this is a nice enough hotel, with the expected bar, restaurants, gym and pool, and a good breakfast. the room was very well appointed, but a little small with my daughter on a camp bed. the hotel was a bit of a maze so we had to take care which lift we used. I managed to find the gym once (but got lost on the way back to my room!) but it wasn't that great and didn't enthuse me to try to find it again with my kit on. we ate in the bar once (heavy rain outside so didn't want to make the crossing) and found it very expensive, slow and of poor quality (but they did give us free drinks to make up for the slow service), we skipped the restaurants (which looked even more expensive) in favour of eating in venice. the pool was a bit smaller than it looked and didn't seem to be heated (it was uncomfortably cold), but it had good views.
the hotel is on Giudeca rather than the main Venice island and although there is a free (not just to hotel guests!) shuttle across to Zattere and St Marks Sq this can a bit time consuming unless you plan with military precision. they are fairly regular but there are gaps at certain times of the day and in the evening and on one occasion the shuttle was too full so we had to wait for the next one. there is not much in the area around the hotel (which could be regarded as a nice contrast with the huge crowds around st marks).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Molino Stucky Hilton Venice has opened its doors on June 2007 and can be considered one of Europe’s most ambitious architectural restoration projects in recent years. The hotel has been created by reuniting the buildings that were once part of the Stucky Flour Mill which dates back to 1895 and counts 379 rooms including 88 executive rooms and 44 suites. We are the only hotel in Venice to offer a five-star spa and an amazing panoramic rooftop pool overlooking Venice and the Lagoon. The exclusive Skyline Rooftop Bar delights our guests with delicious cocktails with a breathtaking landscape of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel Venice
- Hilton International Venice
- Hilton Venice
- Venice Hilton