“Worth the money.”

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel
Ranked #85 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Well worth the money for a 3 night short break. Prices at the hotel are sky high as you would expect, coffee ?6 cheeseburger ?28 so be sure to head over the river for dinner at a much more affordable price. The hotel as a FREE shuttle boat but be sure to be on time as there are limited spaces when busy! Room was very spacious and very comfortable. Sea view room after askinf for a room change from a building site view. Pool on the roof is amazing along with the Sky bar at sunset before heading out. 100% would stay here again. Airport shuttle bus to the hotel front door ?27 return. Enjoy.

3  Thank Gray211
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for your kind comments on the Tripadvisor webpage. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice and have especially appreciated the great views from our Skyline Rooftop Bar and Pool which have no comparison in Venice.
We look forward to welcoming you soon again here in Venice.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I decided to stay at the Hilton Stucky, as I thought that being an american franchise, would have been the best choice, but I was WRONG.
The room had surprises. It was FULL of mosquitos who devoured us literally. Also, when I came back to the room on my second night, it smelled to shi... I called the front desk and they said they could not do anything, but send someone to spray the room...The guy who sprayed it said it must have been the air conditioner...
The next day, when checking out, I complained with the manager, and he said there was nothing he could do...This was unbelievable.
Also, the take charge 20 Euros per day for the internet. They also charge to use the jacuzzi and the sauna, and they charge 20 EUROS for 2 hours of using it.
The breakfast they said was included, and that was not a breakfast...please...
It also the the BIG inconvenience that it is not on the main island, so you depend on their boats to move from there, and they are NVER on time...So, if you decide to stay here, take mosquito repellent, strong odor sprays, and tons of patience...Would NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank andre r
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Sir/Madame,

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way, however we are most appreciative of your TripAdvisor review regarding your stay at our hotel. You can be assured that we are most concerned our establishment did not offer you the usual standards expected by guests at Hilton.

We appreciate being advised of any breach in the usual service for which our hotel is noted.

Your comments are being reviewed and we are looking forward to welcoming you again, not only at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice but also at any of our other Hilton hotels.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Please read on.....
I know my title sounds one of disappointment, but its not meant that way....the hotel is good but i found it to far from the centre itself (centre being San Marco) and I know they have boat taxis to take you there and back, but I found it a bit of a hassle...waiting and timing when to go into the centre and return (watch out for the queue’s people to get onto the boat taxis....especially the disgruntled Americans.) . It is a nice hotel, but next time I would definitely stay more in the centre...
As for the Champagne bar and swimming pool, both are sublime, brilliant places especially the Champagne bar (though not cheap but definitely worth a drink or two...it really is), as for the swimming pool and the sun lounges, there isn’t enough space. It is a waste of time We (me and my partner) went up early one morning and it was clear, the pool is very tiny and the sun lounges are that close to one another you can actually smell the persons BO next to you, which isn’t great folks (Sardines in a tin et et).
As for the staff, we did have issues (which were reported to Management), they weren’t great at dealing with them in any shape or form, but hey, we are in Italy and customer services is non existent. I’d be lying if I told you otherwise.
I wouldn’t recommend this hotel. Its not that its horrible or a disaster but its just not venice for me.
If youre interested in any more of my reviews, Ive written one for Harrys Bar (interesting read) and for Florian (Coffee Shop) in San Marco.
Hope the above has helped in some way.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank joe2412

Dear Sir/Madame,

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way, however we are most appreciative of your Tripadvisor review regarding your stay at our hotel. You can be assured that we are most concerned our establishment did not offer you the usual standards expected by guests at Hilton.

We appreciate your comment on the hotel location and while it is true that we are not right in the Venice centre, we are only a few minutes away from the city and very close to the main attractions, enjoying the vicinity and a great view over Venice in a quiet and relaxing atmosphere in a typical residential area.
With regards to your mention on the size of the pool, may I say that the restoration project of the Molino Stucky was designed and approved following strict rules and regulations in compliance with the environmental and artistic restrictions applied to an ancient building and monumental complex protected by local authorities. The structure still has the typical features of the old industrial architecture, which has certainly affected the project with some restraints when developing the leisure proposal, including our rooftop pool area.

Although you express some disappointment, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future so that we can demonstrate the high level of service we are renowned for.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

The Hilton Molino Stucky proved to be a pleasant surprise. I was concerned about its location on Giudecca, across the lagoon from Venice proper. However, the hotel's private water shuttle eliminated any concern I had. It ran twice per hour with two convenient drop off / pick up locations on Venice. When the shuttle filled up, the hotel paid for a water taxi to transport the overflow. A nice gesture. The Executive Lounge was a bit small and crowded for breakfast and happy hour. However, it had an excellent selection of snacks and drinks. The rooftop pool was appealing, offering spectacular views of the surrounding city, but the pool deck was very crowded. The staff was friendly, receptive, and spoke English very well. Giudecca is quiet and far removed from the busy sidewalks of Venice - a nice retreat after a day of touring. Rooms were clean and comfortable. There were affordable restaurants within walking distance along with a bakery, butcher shop, etc. Getting to the hotel from the airport seemed a bit complex so we opted for a mini bus / water taxi combination service. There were 8 of us and we negotiated door to door service for 110 euro. Mini bus from the airport to the island of Venice followed by a water taxi from there to the Hilton. Upon leaving, via train, the hotel arranged another water taxi for 80 euro to the station. The Nutella Bar in the courtyard was a hit with the kids.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MarcusNH
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind comments on this website.
I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay at the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice and found our staff to be helpful and professional. It is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a stunning hotel, but if you're on a budget (especially a tight one) then this hotel is not for you. We paid around $450 a night for the deluxe sweet with a view. The room was gorgeous, with a decent view of the Canal, but the first thing I found when I went into the bathroom was huge toe-nail clippings on the floor. Yes, I know this doesn't happen everyday, but it's still pretty disgusting. When we complained they offered no compensation and it took an hour and a half for a maid to come clean it up. The restaurants (apart from the Nutella patio) were decently priced, depending on what your budget is, I guess. For example, at the restaurant in the lobby, a hamburger and fries is €22, but if you go across the Canal to the Square, you can find a three for €15-€20, without a cover charge. I would almost understand charging non-guests a cover fee, but really? You're going to charge €3 a person to SIT DOWN in the hotel that were staying at?
The shuttle boat service is great. Prompt and quick- but I am certain that they only offer it for free because no one would stay here if they didn't.
In your room, bottled water is €6. We were told that was an "average" price, but in town you can find it for €1,50 or even cheaper, so stock up.
You would think that after paying this much money for a room that they would include even a continental breakfast, but they don't. We were offered a rate of €15 a day for a breakfast buffet, which we are satisfied with.
The skytop bar is beautiful, but with a margarita costing €14, we didn't even bother. It just doesn't even make sense for us to spend that much on a drink (were from Canada so the exchange rate is high).
There is only wifi in public areas for free which, again, is ridiculous considering how much you pay to stay here.
Beautiful hotel, but be prepared to be milked for every last penny!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Lauren H

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for posting an exhaustive review on TripAdvisor and for sharing your opinion on the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.

We acknowledge your observations on prices, though I can also assure you that prices of food and beverage in our bars and restaurants are in line with other 5-stars hotels in Venice.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Such a shame - was really looking forward to this hotel after reading great reviews and was such a let down. Pool dirty with black bits floating in it - none of our 6 children would go back in it they were so disgusted. This was the main reason I'd chosen this hotel as we were travelling with 6 children. Hotel is a maze - and the extremely unfriendly receptionist did not bother to explain where each room was so were wandering around like sheep..... We booked the hotel in January (for an August booking) sending a note that the two families and children obviously wanted to be near each other. We ended up with our children being put in another building and the other rooms on the opposite side to each other of the main building.
Waiting for the shuttle boat is in the baking sun - sometimes so many people you have to wait for the next one... Receptionist told us breakfast cost 15€ per person. Next day we went to book it and we were told it was 20€ per person - the 15€ was a special offer for the first day - however, no-one informed us of this....I think they are so busy that customer service is not important anymore - they know they are going to fill up the romos nomatter what. Wifi only free in reception - so there are no free seats as all the Chinese pile in with at least one appliance per hand.
Good things: 9€ per person shuttle service direct to cruise terminal, quality of breakfasts, gym, open 24/7, free computer with internet in the lobby hidden away - but no-one tells you about this.

Room Tip: Ask for same building if getting more tan one room so your party stays together. In the other buildi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara1969_12
Reviewed 21 August 2014

As I only spent one night in Venice this trip - I didn't spend much time at the hotel. However, the check-in went quickly and as I arrived quite early in the day my room was not yet ready but they took my luggage and put me in the executive lounge and then the skies opened, thunder and lightening and heavy rains. Now I was trying to figure out how to spend the day in Venice on my own and the manager heard me mention I had wanted to go to Murano - but wasn't sure since it was raining. He quite nicely let me know that the hotel had a private boat coming at noon to take another family on a tour of a glass blowing factory, it was all indoors and that the factory would then provide a free shuttle back to St Marks. How perfect! And I was even handed an umbrella on my way out to the water taxi!

Rooms were large for Venice standards, very comfortable beds and the staff was very nice and helpful. Yes, you did need to adhere to their water taxi times or take a public water taxi and walk a bit - which we did after dinner that evening and again in the morning to get to the train station - but this was all simple and easy to do. As a Hilton Diamond member I would not hesitate to stay here again on my next trip to Venice and maybe get a chance to see and enjoy more of the hotel. Wish it had been a nicer day/evening weather wise so I could have enjoyed rooftop pool and bar -

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple