Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel
Hotels.com
US$302
US$270
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal(Venice)
US$509
US$328
  • Restaurant
Ai Mori d'Oriente Hotel(Venice)
US$248
US$217
US$304
US$233
7,449 results
All reviewsthe executive loungerooftop poolshuttle boatflour millmain islandskyline bardiamond memberfree shuttlenutella barshuttle servicegiudecca islandbeautiful hotelsan marcolarge hotelhotel boatthe hotel offersprivate water taxi
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Located in Guidecca, the Hilton is not exactly in the center of Venice but their shuttle boat runs hourly to put you where you want to be. If you don't want to plan your goings and comings in advance then this is not the place for you. And if you don't want to spend 30 Euros each for breakfast, then either buy a baguette as we did, or look elsewhere. One other caveat, the concierge clearly has an "attitude" and you won't get a smile from him. The rest of the staff, however, work hard to make you feel welcome. Our room was lovely with a Murano glass chandelier and heavy beams on the ceiling. Nice amenities and plush towels. Wonderful pillows. Just about everything one might want to feel comfortable, including, in our room, a fabulous view of the shores of the city. We would return.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rojersey
Reviewed 11 March 2009

My wife and I enjoyed one night at this hotel in Venice. We had a great room overlooking the lagoon and Venice. The service was great...the breakfast was great and the view from the roof was even better. We passed on the special Sushi night....a little too pricey but walked down to a restaurant just 200m from the hotel and had a great meal. The private hotel water taxi is convenient and reliable and the vaparetto service is very convenient but requires a 5 minute walk which can be long with a lot of luggage. Thankfully this wasn't an issue for us.
The hotel used to be an old flour factory and has been beautifully restored. It really is great.
If I go back to Venice I would stay here again. It is quiet and very close to all of the attractions.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ddilkens
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My family and I loved this hotel. The facilities are in perfect condition and we enjoyed the charm of the old factory. Our room, with high ceilings, was large by European or U.S. standards, looked out onto the water, and we were able to watched huge cruise ship slip on by. This location (which we liked) was quiet because it was across the water away from all of the sights. Transportation by the hotel's private boat or the Vaporetto stop a short walk away made it easy to get quickly back and forth to the sights and the crowds although the crowds do dissipate in the evening. The roof top pool was not crowded and the views were wonderful. The concierge lounge was one of the best of any Hilton I’ve stayed; or for any hotel chain for that matter.

For a romantic stay you may want to stay in Venice proper but for everyone else you just can’t go wrong with this great place to enjoy all that Venice has to offer. ttz

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank tommytourz
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Disclosure: I stayed at this hotel in Oct 2008 for three nights. I don’t think things have changed much.

Location:

Giudecca Island and therefore one needs to take a shuttle boat to the side have sightseeing etc. The location can be a blessing or a curse depending on one’s taste. I personally liked because it was sort of away from the touristy crowd. Having said that, I missed being able to walk out of the door to fun places. First time to Venice many years ago, I stayed at a more central area. Overall, I think that location should not be a deciding factor for staying at this places there are many pluses at this hotel.

Room:

It was really spacious and had flat screen TV and all the amenities one expects at this category. The bathroom was spacious and well stocked with Evenly and Crabtree toiletries. Beds and pillow were comfortable. However, I had a real grip with the bed size. We had two beds in the room. The beds were extremely small. The hotel claimed they were twin size. I did not think so. It was so small that I was afraid to fall onto the floor during the night. I have a rather small frame 1.70 meter in height and 60kg. I cannot imagine how other larger folks can manage on these small beds. I will post a picture or two for you to see. The book on the bed was “Time Out to Venice” so you will have a sense of scale of the bed.

Facilities:

Pool was closed. The rooftop bar had a really good view to the other islands on a clear day. Lobby was large. Everything seemed to be adequate.

Services:

It was definitely was not 5-star service. When I checked in, there was only one receptionist doing the checking in. I had to wait a really long time to get checked in. It was about 20 minutes or so. There was only one person ahead of me. I had no idea what the hold up was. I thought it was bad having to wait that long. I almost lost my temper.

The concierge was good when I asked questions and they were really helpful and friendly. The boat shuttle service was prompt and adequate. However, they do have an hour break during the lunch hour.

Recommendation:

Overall, I do recommend this place for it spaciousness and cleanliness and a bit away from the busy tourist area. Just don’t expect white glove service like the Four Seasons or the Pen and nothing really special in terms of décor here. Just like the typical Hilton anywhere else except those surprisingly small beds.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank SDWanderlust
Reviewed 21 February 2009

Found this hotel to be of very high quality. Stayed for 3 nights during the summer and loved every minute of it. Our room was very spacious and spotless. Had a beautiful bathroom, extremely comfortable bed and great view (would give a sea view room as a preference) and a very large t.v. The staff were very polite and helpful and we were made to feel very welcome. Had dinner in their Aromi restaurant, which was absolutely sublime, although a bit expensive. My only complaints would be that, the breakfast area isn't really big enough for the amount of guests, and can get very crowded and loud. And also, it would be nice if there pool was a bit bigger. But besides from those, I would most definately return again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple