“Super!”

Ranked #30 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Super!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We loved staying here. The location was great - really central, and just a very short walk from where our water taxi dropped us off. The staff took a personal interest in all their guests and were really helpful with maps, directions, suggestions of things to do, etc. Our bedroom was glamorous, if a little small for three people. The bathroom was massive! Another little extra was discovering the bar on the hotel roof, with a wonderful ambience. I'd stay here again, for sure, and I will certainly recommend it to friends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
perth
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed for 5 nights in July and we loved the hotel. Right near the grand canal so you're not dragging your bags through Venice alleyways. 5 minutes to St Marks square and all the shopping.
1 minute to the Rialto bridge.Beautiful rooms....I have stayed in 5 star hotels that don't come close to La Commedia. And more importantly, the staff and concierge were unbelievable.They recommended great and inexpensive restaurants,bars and places to see.We came in late at the airport and they even arranged a "Meet and Greet" service that had us in our rooms from the airport in #0 minutes!!!
STAY HERE

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We spent two nights here and highly recommend it. The hotel is only about 250 yards from the Rialto Bridge vaporetto stop and a block off the Grand Canal. This makes it easy to access for local travel on the Vaporetto system, water taxi's, and the Alilaguna which runs to/from the airport. You are 15 minute walk from Piazza San Marco. The hotel property itself is very good. Rooms well appointed, roomy, quiet. The hotel has a great roof top bar / sun deck for a pre/post dinner drink. Need restuarant recommendations, go to Lorenzo at the desk.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I was extremely happy with this hotel if I ever go to Venice again I would stay here again in a heartbeat. From the reception to breakfast it was class all the way the reception staff were so friendly they made it a point to remember our names and joke with my boys. The rooms were clean and superior to any other hotel I stayed at in Venice. Breakfast was included and it was well worth it the food was terrific very fresh and a great selection. Wifi was free just get the passcode from the desk. If you stay you must give the rooftop bar a try even if you don't drink it's a fantastic view and atmosphere. In summary great hotel do yourself a favor and stay there you won't regret it.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank My3boy
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 July 2014

For reference, I traveled around Italy for two weeks and stayed in four different hotels in four cities. All of the hotels were in comparable price ranges and were comparable quality.

This hotel was in a great location, and the hotel itself was pretty good. The front desk staff was mostly helpful. I felt our checkin was kind of rushed and they didn't give us all the information (like the wifi password). The wifi was frustrating because I had to enter the randomly-generated username and password every single time I unlocked my phone.

The room and bathroom were spacious, clean, and comfortable. The decor in the rooms is a bit much (not my style!), but that seemed typical of the area. There was no view of anything from the rooms. The bed was actually two twins pushed together, but was surprisingly comfortable. I never noticed the seam in the middle. The beds are firm, which was consistent in all of my hotels in Italy. Sometimes when I would return to the room, it would be warm and stuffy and would take a while for the a/c to cool it off.

Breakfast was exactly what I expected, pretty much the same as all the other hotels. They have a lot of cakes and pastries and then eggs and bacon for the tourists. The food was ok, but I did get a cappuccino that was luke warm. :(

I loved the rooftop bar and bartenders, but I mistakenly thought for some reason that the rooftop deck would have a view of the canal. It did not, but it did have a view of the top of the campanile.

If I were to return, I'd probably try to find a hotel right on the water if possible. If that were not possible, I would return to Hotel a la Commedia.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ernalittle
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We only spent one night here. I wish it was many more. From the moment we walked in the door the front desk manager was great. We was a polite gentleman and made us feel welcomed. Later on he even arranged a gondola for us and even walked us there. Then there was Giovanni the bartender. He was so nice it felt like we were family. These two gentleman are PURE CLASS! I just cant say enough about everyone there. We loved it! As for the hotel and room itself. They were awesome too. If you are going to Venice, this is the only and only choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had booked a 3 night stay in this hotel as a surprise for my wife's 50th birthday but unfortunately our daughter became seriously I'll so we had to cancel our trip.
The management of this hotel, despite Expedia pleading our case, refused to reimburse us a single penny of the £600 cost & as there's not a single available room on those days I can only imagine they could have sold them over & over again easily.
Absolutely heartless!