Me, my wife and our baby daughter visited Venice and Bauer Palladio for 4 days this August, 2011. I have been fortunate to having been able to stay at very good hotels in my life, and my expectations are quite high when it comes to 5-star hotels. Many times the 5 stars should be 4 stars. However, with this hotel the 5-star rating is an understatement, it should come with a ++ after. The buildings themselves are tastefully and beautifully decorated to give justice to their history and the rooms are quite spacious, with walk-in shower and bathtub in marble. There is a big garden in the back, or a park rather, which is perfect when you have a small baby or you just want some peace, and this is also where you eat breakfast. The serenity is total, in sharp contrast to the hoards of tourists at St Marcs Square. And by being just opposite the Doge Palace you get a wonderful view of it all, just a 3-minute cuortesy-boat ride away.
But it's about the level of service that makes this hotel stand out. It's a warm, friendly kind of service, one that makes you feel at home, but still in a proffessional way. The staff work very hard at making sure that everything is just perfect, and you can see that they're enjoying it, the athmosphere is friendly.
I'm trying to think of downsides, but can't really find any. I guess if you absolutely have to be in the middle of the alarm around the Doge palace, this is not for you. But then again, the hotels own free boat ride is just so charming that we almost took the ride only for the scenery.
If we travel to Venice again, which I think we will, this is where we're going to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladio Hotel & SPA is an amazing building designed in the 16th century by the world-renowned Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio. The property is a rare jewel in Venice, with its 58 elegant guest rooms and 21 spacious Suites and Junior Suites, a private garden and breathtaking lagoon views. It is located on the Giudecca Island just across the basin from the word-famous sister properties Bauer Hotel and Bauer Il Palazzo. BAUER.Palladio Hotel & Spa has a warm and welcoming decor with a soft color palette of pastels. Each of its spacious rooms is beautifully detailed with the finest paint decoration and tapestries, while still maintaining its original identity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Lastminute, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palladio Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bauer Palladio Hotel And Spa
- Bauer Palladio Hotel Venice
- Bauer Palladio Venice