It's hard to find such a beautiful hotel in Venice and I have seen quite some. Location is great with a boat that brings you to piazza san marco every half an hour . the trip just takes a couple of minutes. The garden and the atmosphere is amazing. Rooms large and well designed. REally a beauty. Service is very kind, a rarity in Venice. But the hotel seems mostly understaffed as they seem to have severe service problems both at dinner and at breakfast.
Breakfast... I could not believe what I saw in a 5* hotel: prosciutto cotto ( cooked ham) of the worse quality. This kind of reconstructed ham that only second class pizzerias put on top of a pizza. The salami was so bad that my son that always its it at breakfast in hotels in italy refused to eat it. The bread was missing anything fresh and was all dry and chewy and even our mexican guest asked if they did not have better (fresh ?) bread (we fortunately got it without any problems at Al Covo restaurant in Venice for lunch). Marmalades ? there where only 3 to choose from, forget the popular strawberry as they did not have it. The selection of cheese was minimalistic. And so it goes on. I wonder if this Food and Beverage manager ever went to any other 4* or 5* hotels in Italy to present such a lousy quality and choice. It sad to see how the great italian food tradition is killed in such a way and this is in such a wonderful place.
I will return to this great hotel, but I will definitely skip breakfast and perhaps any eating in this propriety until they prove food and it's quality is as important for them as it is for some of their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladio Hotel & SPA is an amazing building designed in the 16th century by the world-renowned Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio. The property is a rare jewel in Venice, with its 58 elegant guest rooms and 21 spacious Suites and Junior Suites, a private garden and breathtaking lagoon views. It is located on the Giudecca Island just across the basin from the word-famous sister properties Bauer Hotel and Bauer Il Palazzo. BAUER.Palladio Hotel & Spa has a warm and welcoming decor with a soft color palette of pastels. Each of its spacious rooms is beautifully detailed with the finest paint decoration and tapestries, while still maintaining its original identity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Lastminute, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palladio Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bauer Palladio Hotel Venice
- Bauer Palladio Hotel And Spa
- Bauer Palladio Venice