“Luxury and calm in beautiful surroundings”

Palladio Hotel & Spa
Ranked #80 of 385 Hotels in Venice
gmp67
“Luxury and calm in beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

An elegant country garden is an unexpected addition to this lovely hotel which has beautiful views which capture the magic of Venice. The Bauer was the perfect hotel for us as we visited La Serenissima. We loved the calm, romantic atmosphere and the attention detail throughout. The only small whinges were that the water in the bathroom could have been hotter, the wi fi was appalling and it would have been appreciated if bottled water were offered free of charge. Overall though this was a delightful stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
BauerHotels, Direttore at Palladio Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 18 January 2017
thank you for your extensive feedback on your stay at Palladio Hotel &Spa
We highly appreciated your comments and the entire Team is delighted to know that the experience was up to your expectation.
We really look forward to welcome you back, please do not hesitate to contact us for any futher information.

Best Regards

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The Bauer Palladio was a very nice alternative on the same island as the Cipriani. Much more reasonable and the room/ food was more than adequate. The breakfast was particularly good.

The staff were friendly and the location allowed easy access to the main island via a pleasant boat transfer across the grand canal to the sister hotel.

The concierge was very helpful, especially when booking water taxis and arranging for our luggage to be stored and transferred from one hotel to the other in our absence as we explored the city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
BauerHotels, Resident Manager at Palladio Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 January 2017

Thank you for sharing you experience at Palladio Hotel & Spa.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Your review is greatly appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Long Neck, Delaware
Reviewed 6 October 2013

If you are looking to stay in the midst of all of the hustle and bustle of the St. Mark's Square, this is not the place for you. If you want easy access to everything that Venice has to offer - but a little removed from all of the noise, this hotel offers a perfect location!

Located in an old convent, this wonderful hotel gives you a warm welcome as soon as you walk through the door.

The rooms are tastefully decorated without being "over done".

A very extensive delicious continental breakfast is served in a very large room with a beautiful mural. My only concern was the noise level in the room where breakfast was served. There was a group of approximately 30 people in house the same time that I visited and they were all having breakfast at the same time. All of the voices bounced off the walls like ping pong balls.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank pattikakes

Thank you for sharing you experience at Palladio Hotel & Spa.
Delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Your review is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Nice Hotel ... situation perfect ... correct food ... located in an old monastery, that makes it unique ... the garden rooms are average classic and nothing special ... they said to us "Bauer Palladia is a must" ... we do'nt agree !

Room Tip: The garden rooms are average and same as every Hotel. Absolutely not typical for ... a monastery !
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PaulVDE
BauerHotels, Resident Manager at Palladio Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 February 2017
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay at Palladio Hotel & Spa We are sorry to read that we did not live up to your expectations about our service. Our daily mission is to meet guests’ needs.
I've shared your comments with all our staff, your useful comments will help us to improve and give a better service to all our guests.

Best regards,
Dunstable, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Venice was our last stay in Italy. We spent three days at the Bauer Palladio after dropping our rental car off at the airport. We opted to use water taxi service at the airport that wasn't a long walk from rental car drop off. Yes, we had to pay 120 euro for the service but it was a marvelous way to be introduced to Venice.
We arrived at the Bauer Palladio in a timely fashion with no problems. We were well greeted at reception and informed that our room had been upgraded (members of LHW) to a junior suite in the garden area which I had requested. The room was delightful, bright, very large and spacious with minimalist furniture except for the very large and comfortable king size bed. The bathroom was large with a nice soaking tub and separate shower. A lovely welcoming gift of wine, fruit and great cookies arrived shortly after our arrival along with a lovely small deep blue glass lion pendant as a keepsake.
One of the reasons that we decided to stay in Giudecca, is that I don't do crowds of people well. Both my husband and I enjoy walking but not with crowds of people. Giudecca was perfect for us yet we were only a short free boat ride away from the chaos of tourism that is Venice. The gardens of the hotel are well maintained as a gardener, I enjoyed talking to the gardener that was splitting the iris plants that I need to do in my own gardens. It was a perfect setting for relaxing.
Breakfast had good selections but did not offer custom cooked eggs like might be expected at such a five star hotel. The fresh orange juice was excellent and the service was excellent.
OK, I guess I need to talk about why I didn't give the hotel a five. Both my husband and I are very connected to our work while we are gone even on vacation. The Internet in our room was pathetic and nearly non existent. I was scheduled to video conference into a work meeting on Wednesday evening (afternoon in the States). Normally, I do this from my room but this was not possible. I had to go to the large room just outside of reception to do this and connect via another Internet connection that actually worked. Since I work in the educational IT world, I know that this is an issue that could be corrected without a great deal of expense but rather the right people to do this. I find this unacceptable considering the cost of my hotel room. This is something that MUST be addressed by the hotel. I am sure I am not the only business oriented person that wishes to stay at this hotel that has so many pluses.
I really felt bad for reception who fully understood the problem and kindly gave me the other log on. WHY do you have a great hotel that can't live up to 21st century needs of their customers? Beyond my understanding....
Would I return to this hotel? I guess I am on the edge about this. 95% of this marvelous hotel is just what I love and want in a five star hotel. The whole issue with the Internet is a huge negative for me and I just might have to find another hotel in Giudecca that would allow me to work while I am gone. I feel really bad about saying this since there are so many positive things to say with our stay and only one little thing (Internet) being negative.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claudia N
Dear Guest,

thank you for your extensive feedback on your stay at Palladio Hotel & Spa.
We highly appreciated your comments even if something went wrong, in fact, we are sorry for the internet connection which wasn't as good as you expected.
We really look forward to welcome you back, even if something in the past went wrong and please do not hesitate to contact us for any futher information.

Best Regards,
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is in a great location and the hotels boat shuttle over the grand canal every 30 mins is a great service. But the hotel had zero atmosphere and although we booked a garden view room, we didn't get one but ended up next to the house keepers station where they kindly woke us up at 7 every morning with very loud banging. Breakfast us good enough, but definitely not 5 star. Service let them down again as had to wait for cutlery every morning. Wasn't so bad that it ruined a wonderful break, but will look elsewhere next time. For the price we paid we could have had better.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Vianaut
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We are sorry to read that we did not live up to your expectations about our service expecially for the breakfast. Our daily mission is to meet guests’ needs and expectations, so, I've shared your comments with all our staff, your useful comments help us to improve and give a better service to all our guests.

If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please feel free to contact me

Best regards,
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We arrived before our room was ready so they walked us to the bar area where we enjoyed a glass of wine on the house. Once we reached our room, the high ceilings and classically decorated details of the room welcomed us in. We definitely felt like we were in Italy and not any other hotel we can find in the US. Furthermore, since we were celebrating our honeymoon at the time, there was a lovely bottle of prosecco on ice with a card wishing us a great one. The bathroom is gorgeous, the amenities were lush, and the view across the canal was AMAZING.

Apart from our room, the hotel is rather impressive as well. The check-in area is a bit average but as you move further into the hotel, it becomes grander and more and more beautiful. The large sitting room with splendid floral arrangements and decor, the trail through the gardens in the hotel’s backyard.. all add to the majestic ambiance of the hotel.

We dined there for breakfast and dinner and were happy with both the selection and the quality of the food. Service was also top-notch.

This hotel is perfectly located away from the hustle and bustle of touristy Venice, yet only a convenient boat ride to the main attractions. We had a wonderful time in Venice and the Bauer Palladio only added to the enjoyment!

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with a view
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing you experience at Palladio Hotel & Spa.
We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay.