I travel often to Venice and this was my first time staying on the Giudecca (I am a diehard fan of the Dorsoduro/Accademia neighborhood), a splendid island directly across the canal from San Marco. This once 16th century convent designed by the great Palladio (hence its name, Bauer Palladio) is just filled with character. You feel pampered the minute you enter the attractive lobby of this magnificent Venetian palazzo. The hotel is very famous for its spa, but we did not get a chance to try it, but I have friends who go often t their spa, and they tell me it is a divine experience! Service at the hotel is excellent to say the least, and the ladies who run the breakfast served in the gorgeous inner courtyard overlooking an equally gorgeouos garden are just lovely. Breakfast is very good, with much to choose from, from salty to sweet. The rooms are perfect, and the beds comfortable. We had a standard double looking out onto the garden, and it was just fine. We slept beautifully thanks to the peace and quiet that you are guaranteed on the Giudecca. One of the winning features of this hotel is that you are away the madding crowd, and after a full day of touring around crowded Venice, this place is a haven. The hotel offers a very efficient taxi service to and from San Marco, making it very easy to stop in at the hotel even a few times during the day, if you need to. These little boats run about every 20 minutes (last boat is around midnight) and get you to the Bauer Palazzo just directly opposite the Bauer Palladio in just a few minutes. Ah yes, did I mention the many characteristic restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel? We strolled to Harry's Dolci for their epic Bellini, then stopped at a ypical Venetian osteria tucked away behind one of the little canals close to the hotel, where we enjoyed a very traditional baccala mantecato (a must have while in Venice!) and black squid ink gnocchi. I will certainly return to the Giudecca and certainly to the Bauer Palladio!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palladio Hotel & SPA is an amazing building designed in the 16th century by the world-renowned Renaissance architect Andrea Palladio. The property is a rare jewel in Venice, with its 58 elegant guest rooms and 21 spacious Suites and Junior Suites, a private garden and breathtaking lagoon views. It is located on the Giudecca Island just across the basin from the word-famous sister properties Bauer Hotel and Bauer Il Palazzo. BAUER.Palladio Hotel & Spa has a warm and welcoming decor with a soft color palette of pastels. Each of its spacious rooms is beautifully detailed with the finest paint decoration and tapestries, while still maintaining its original identity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Palladio Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bauer Palladio Hotel Venice
- Bauer Palladio Hotel And Spa
- Bauer Palladio Venice