“Central Location for a great hotel”
Review of Hotel Becher

Hotel Becher
Ranked #62 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Northern VA
“Central Location for a great hotel”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I’m about a year late on writing this review, but my husband and I had a fantastic 5-yr anniversary stay at Hotel Becher for 4nts. I forget the staffs names, but they were very friendly and very helpful directing us to see places, yummy assortment of free continental breakfast (good cappuccino), cozy and intimate, and small rooms, but doable since we’re not in our rooms most of the time. This place was easy to find after we were dropped off from our boat ride. It took us probably about 15-20mins to find the hotel, no problem. Glad we had backpacks and one small carry-on (souvenir purposes :-) ); very easy to travel with.
The hotel was right off of one of many canals, so who really needs a canal view room when you don’t spend much time inside the hotel. I had originally requested a canal view when booking, but after we got there, it was unnecessary, though they never gave us a canal view room anyways; it’s alright. 
If you’re lucky enough, you’ll be able to sit by the canal on their small deck for breakfast (great view)….or for lunch, or snack and drink a good bottle of Italian wine by the water while the gondaliers go by and sometimes will serenade . You can sit for dinner, but who really goes for take-out and bring it back to the hotel anyways when you enjoy VENICE at night as well. There's also an extra dining room upstairs if the 1st floor ever gets crowded during breakfast; some days they are.
Anyways, we will definitely come back to this hotel someday. Great hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
SAGossGirl
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This is our 5th stay at Hotel Becher and that says alot. We always stay in room 310 with the 3 balconies overlooking the canal. It's large enough for our family of 4 with creative storage on our part. The staff couldn't be kinder. They go beyond to make sure you're taken care of. Fabulous central location. Water taxi in/out, it'll be the best money you spent. Life is short, enjoy!

Spring, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Easy to find (if you can follow instructions) and situated in a convenient location in the San Marco area. Comfortable hotel with good continental breakfast. We had a family room (3 of us), nice sized room with bathroom. Very helpful and friendly people at the front desk. We spent one pleasant afternoon sitting on the patio with a bottle of wine watching the gondolas go by.
The decor is old traditional (brocade covered walls).
There is much walking in venice and the wandering off the beaten track is all part of the wonderful experience. In fact, to get as far away as possible from the tourist areas (Rialto Bridge etc) and walk into the residential areas - there are still ancient churches at every turn and lovely cafe's. Just not so polluted by cruise tourists ("if this is Tuesday, it must be Venice")!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah T
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Loved the hotel. It may not be right on a major cannel, but it is not hard to find,. If you visit venice you have to expect a lot of walking, its the only way of experience Venice. We had a room for 3 and it was very large, we were on the canel side. The employee at the front desk couln not of been nicer. We stayed out late every night and he brought us tea, It was wounderful . For the amazing service and the wonderful location the hotel is a great find for the price. Since It has it's own dock, when we scheduled a water taxi for the return ride to the airport we were picked right on there on the first floor it made the retun very easy, and they opened up breakfast early for us so we would not miss it. I can not say enough.

Room Tip: Our room was on the canel side, so until about 10 o 11 pm you did hear the gondola go by and most o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My friend and I stayed at this wonderful hotel. We had our own room and bathroom, all of which were tasteful and comfortable. The manager and other staff could not have been more kind and helpful. There was a lovely patio for enjoying breakfast on the canal. The location was perfectly located between the opera house and San Marco plaza. I look forward to my return trip to Venice, during which I will most definitely be staying at the Becher.

Room Tip: In relative terms it is close to both the Rialto and San Marco stations. The map on the hotel websi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julesxm
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I can see how people would have trouble finding this hotel (or any non big hotel chain in venice for that matter) I was fortunate enough to ride in with a water taxi so they pulled up to the dock and I had no issues. The hotel was in proximity to st. marks square which made it easy to access transportation and to guide yourself back to the hotel when lost. Yes the room was small, but that's Europe. I have no excuse for the aged decor but it honestly did not bother me. I felt like I was staying at a cheesy themed hotel but it wasn't to the point where it annoyed/bothered me. There wasn't a mermaid fresco in the bathroom. I had a room with a canal view, which was nice at first... until opera singers and guitar players waked you up as they rode by on the gondolas. Breakfast was lackluster but I still ate it every morning. This place was not bad, but it was not good. I wouldn't book this for myself again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rnevarez562
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We just spent two nights here and loved the location but especially loved having drinks on the dock both afternoons.
We had a small room facing the canal, which was adequate.
Staff we're very friendly. Breakfast adequate.
We didn't realise but you can actually reserve the dock for a private drink, we didn't reserve it, we were just lucky to see it empty both afternoons when we returned back to the hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple