The last leg of our Italy trip before we head back to Rome ended in Venice. We booked a two bedroom apartment here because of traveling with our two teenage sons. When we arrived in Venice, we had the choice between the water taxi and the water bus. It was a 50 euro difference, so we took the bus. We attempted to follow the instructions we were given by the hotel, but we got a bit twisted, so I finally had to ask someone. The nice thing about this hotel is its location, but it is off the main path a bit, so its quiet around the hotel itself. Check in went smooth, but I agree with other warnings, it is a trek up the stairs. Fortunately, I had to big boys, but even they grumbled. One other downside is that the front desk is only here from 9 - 4, so if you need anything other than those hours your are on your own. But, the room was very clean and well stocked. It had a nice kitchen and living area and a nice dining room table. For breakfast they stock it with bread, rolls, milk, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc. There is a grocery store nearby, so we bought some other foods and some wine. They gave us some very good restaurant recommendations. The wifi in the rooms are weak. They could fix this by putting a wifi router in each room wouldn't be expensive. I didn't care, but it drove my boys nuts. Again, location is great and we walked around Venice all day. But, I think a day in Venice is about perfect unless you just want to hit all the museums, which after Rome and Florence, we were kind of done with the "art thing". Overall though, very good hotel and cheaper than having to book two rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestigious dwelling of the noble Foscolo family, one of the most ancient Venetian dynasties and founders of the Most Serene Republic, this newly restored residence opens its doors to guests in its new role of upscale apartment-hotel. Ca' Foscolo is composed of spacious suites whose design and modern comfort meld with the gothic architecture of the courtyard whose the original well-head is decorated with bas-reliefs, and with the water entrance for guests who arrive by boat. At the ground floor of the palace, you will be welcomed in an elegant reception leading to the different apartments, which are located on two floors, each with a slightly different layout and named for a ship from the fleet of the Venetian Republic. The residence offers high quality service, and our staff, attentive and professional, will be at your disposal for useful information and suggestions for your stay in Venice. Strategically located in the heart of the city and easily reached by public and private transport, Ca' Foscolo overlooks a quiet Venetian square, a few steps from the Rialto Bridge and a few minutes from St. Mark's Square, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Ca' Foscolo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residenza Ca`Foscolo Hotel Venice
- Residenza Ca Foscolo Venice