When we arrived, the tide was high and we couldn't get through the little canal, so we were dropped off at the Rialto Bridge, and we walked to the hotel. The 5 minute walk with 3 children 9 suitcases and 6 adults was a little crazy, but when we got to the hotel, it was so worth it! The staff is excellent, and even pulled out maps to tell us all of the places to go. We had a stocked refrigerator, breakfast food, coffee, an espresso pot, and a separate bedroom. They provide lovely toiletries, not the scary shampoo that you normally get! It was an exceptional value and we were sad to leave! Their only downfall: no elevator, but again, totally worth it!
We had a little foyer with toys and books for the kids, and even enough space for a TRX workout in the morning! We had a much needed clothes washer (no dryer, much to my mom's dismay) and felt completely at home. My 7 year old asked to go back to the hotel while we were out sightseeing because he loved it there so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestigious dwelling of the noble Foscolo family, one of the most ancient Venetian dynasties and founders of the Most Serene Republic, this newly restored residence opens its doors to guests in its new role of upscale apartment-hotel. Ca' Foscolo is composed of spacious suites whose design and modern comfort meld with the gothic architecture of the courtyard whose the original well-head is decorated with bas-reliefs, and with the details of the entrance hall. At the ground floor of the palace, you will be welcomed in an elegant reception leading to the different apartments, which are located on three floors, each with a slightly different layout and named for a ship from the fleet of the Venetian Republic. The residence offers high quality service, and our staff, attentive and professional, will be at your disposal for useful information and suggestions for your stay in Venice. Strategically located in the heart of the city and easily reached by public and private transport, Ca' Foscolo overlooks a quiet Venetian square, a few steps from the Rialto Bridge and a few minutes from St. Mark's Square. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence Ca' Foscolo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residenza Ca`Foscolo Hotel Venice
- Residenza Ca Foscolo Venice