“very dissapointed”
Review of Palazzo Cendon

Palazzo Cendon
Ranked #59 of 479 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2014

my partner booked this hotel as a birthday present.

I made the hotel reservation through laterooms.com. I made the reservation In January 2014 and i reserved the hotel for €735 for three nights, in a junior suit with balcony.

once checked in at the Palazzo Cendon, I entered the room I did not feel impressed with it considering i had upgraded to a junior suit and the price i was paying. I realized once in my room, the mini fridge was an extra charge, also the double bed was two single mattresses pushed together, Once we were in bed we realized how uncomfortable, hard and cold the bed was. The first night the two single mattresses split,causing not only my partner to fall between the gap,but causing discomfort.

I complained the following morning, and was informed it was a health and safety issue to have a double bed, i expressed my disappointment with the bed,and explained it was uncomfortable and felt like myself and my partner were sleeping in two single beds to stop us from falling through the gap. Staff explained they would put an extra blanket around the mattress, I expressed my concerns and made them aware I was not happy. I do not believe for the price i was paying, this is the quality i should be receiving. The staff informed me they would talk with management.

I then realized breakfast was only continental, and informed there was no warm options. That night I called at reception to see if I could use an iron, staff notified me that to use the iron I would need to go down stairs and they would not bring the iron to the room.

That night my partner and myself again did not sleep due to the split in the bed, it had formed from the two single mattresses pushing together and the hardness of them did not help. both myself or my partner did not sleep during our stay at this hotel, the staff were not helpful or understanding, we were advised that all hotels in venice supply single mattresses pushed together for a double or king size bed, due to health and safety. I have stayed in a number of different hotels around the world and have never heard any thing like it.

I feel it is appalling that the hotel is able to advertise a junior suit at a price of over 200 Euro a night, at this standard. i voiced my concerns during my stay both with the hotel staff and laterooms. i feel both hotel and laterooms were not helpful in resolving or dealing with my complaint. To add to my disappointment i later found the hotel advertised at less then half the price i had paid.

would not recommend this hotel at any price, very disappointed and dissatisfied.

Room Tip: avoid hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emma f

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Recently spent 3 nights here in a "standard" room. It was clean with a modern bathroom, good shower, shower gel, soap bar and shampoo provided, wall hair dryer was more powerful than most in hotels. Room was small-ish but perfectly adequate with sufficient storage, safe and fridge. Also very welcome bottle of wine - nice touch. I couldn't open outer shutters but my husband could so probably just me! Room overlooked a side alley but weren't in room much. Unfortunately the bedspread was stained however all other bedding was very clean. They charge 10 euros for wifi accessible only downstairs in reception/lounge (available free in many restaurants/bars).

Hotel staff spoke very good English and were helpful although they failed to give us our booked wake-up call on last morning. Breakfast was continental and what you would expect: croissants, rolls, cereal, yogurt etc - great coffee.

The main reason I have given this hotel 4 stars is a) good value for Venice but mainly b) location. We walked to Rialto Bridge easily and then another day walked to St Marks Square. Only used the waterbuses to go to Murano island and the Lido and the bus stop is only 50 yards or so away. We also walked to and from hotel from Piazzale Roma, where the airport bus drops you off, in around 17 mins and we are over 60 with luggage! However would suggest that wheeled luggage is a must for this walk, wouldn't want to carry it. You have to cross a bridge but it does have wide steps so easy to "bump up" cases.

All in all an enjoyable stay due to reasons above - we would return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank biffo-7
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Staff was not very nice, we were not given the room we had booked it wasnt even in the hotel it was a little room beside the main door. Absolutely no sunlight/view of any kind. Bed was very uncomfortable.. bathroom VERY cramped and small.. cheap cheap furniture. Would never stay here again especially for the PRICE! Extremely overpriced. AWFUL breakfast (no hot food, basically just bread) The location is good about a five minute walk from the train station...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel 3 night on July 2013 with our family. The hotel was very nice, our room with a big balcony overlooking the canal that very good to see many activity in the canal. Location very good, easy access to reach of the main attractions. We shall come back next year.

Room Tip: Suit room with balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chokdeebangkok
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We loved our stay here. Our group of 4 had to change our plans from a vacation rental quickly due to poor communication from the owner. With the trip fast approaching we were able to hear back from the staff at Palazzo Cendon quickly and the rates were very reasonable.

Our rooms were clean and the showers were great! The front desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. Our water taxi took us right up to the hotel without any issues. My friend and her mom were upgraded to a room with a beautiful view of the water below. Both of our rooms had very beautiful chandeliers. We even received a complimentary bottle of wine with our stay.

Breakfast was another great highlight of the trip. There was a variety of yogurt, fruit, salami, breads, cereal, coffee, and juices. There were also biscuits and croissants on the table with jams and nutella. Quite enjoyable and tasty. We were adequately fueled up for our walk through Venice to St. Mark's square.

We were close to the vaporetto stop and took it to the train station to ride into Rome 2 days later. We were also close to Gam Gam, a great restaurant across the bridge. Al Parlamento is just next door to Palazzo Cendon with good and reasonably priced espresso. I also enjoyed opening the windows and listening to excitement over a soccer game playing at the bar.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Excellent location with water bus service nearby. Room 1 with balcony was spacious and equipped well if basic.
No tea facilities in room a negative.
Views amazing
Beautiful place awesome views and a location that is great for the whole of Venice.
The staff were efficient pre and post booking and did their job well.
Breakfast is buffet style limited with rolls, croissant, meats and packaged cheese.
Coffee is via a Tassimo type machine or filter in a jug. Juices are available and the breakfast room is clean but oppressive with lack of light and space.
I would suggest a quick bite and go and have a coffee at QM10 (a bar opposite the canal) via the Guglie bridge.
Overall, we will certainly stay at this hotel again. It is great value and a great location and we thank the staff for their professionalism.

Room Tip: Balcony room overlooking canal ( we had room 1)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hooper-smith
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The service was terrible. The workers at the hotel were not friendly and not helpful at all. We had an emergency and had to leave a day early. I told the manager at nine in the morning on Friday that we had an emergency and would not need our room for Saturday. Our dog had gotten sick and we had to return to germany. She told me that that was to bad but we were going to have to pay for the third night regardless if we stayed or not. Not only was she making us pay for a night we were not even going to stay but she was beyond rude about the entire situation. Along with terrible service the room was not very clean and the area the hotel was in was very run down and off the beaten path. I would never recommend this terrible hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013