“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My friends n I were feeling really dejected with the lousy pasta the past few days until we chanced upon this restaurant while wondering around the alley. We took note of the name and googled it. From TripAdvisor we saw the many good reviews and decided to go ahead! And my goodness we are sooooooo thankful we went ahead!! To start off they gave us complimentary cocktail (at e end complimentary lemon sorbet that was so good) we had the lobster pasta (a lil overcooked but still taste super delicious) & seafood pasta! It was one of the BEST pasta we had in Milan & Venice. The tiramisu is good as well. But i would say no to the panna cotta. Its a little too jelly for my liking. Please give this restaurant a try!

1  Thank May C

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I am a foodie and very critical of restaurants- I loved this place. My dad and I stumbled on this place when a couple who had just dined there that evening insisted that we eat there. They could not stop raving about their spaghetti with mussels and clams and their gnocchi with crab and tomato. It was a quaint joint hidden off the main strada nuova very close to Campo ss. Apostoli. We ordered the crab gnocchi to start and a liter of white house wine. Both were phenomenal. The waiter took great care of us and showed us dishes when he brought them out of the kitchen to let us see the ingredients and the presentation. He then recommended the sea bass (branzino in Italian) and fresh mixed vegetables. Like most places in Italy, the fish was brought out whole. However, he kindly filleted it and de-boned it table side for us. The fish was very fresh and delicious and the vegetables had great flavor. We lingered over a long dinner and loved every bite. The main waiter and his local friends visiting the restaurant for a drink chatted with us quite a bit (even though we knew no Italian). Many people took their time to come in after dinner to compliment the chef for "delicious and beautiful meals." The prices were also GREAT for Venice. If you want a local, authentic, fresh, and wonderful meal, eat here!!! We absolutely loved it!

1  Thank Classie13
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I went with my family tonight to this restaurant. Great atmosphere with good music. A very kind and friendly service. Wide variety of tasty food suitable for adults and kids.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This restaurant is a rare find! Reasonable price, great service! I had the best seabass, cooked to perfection. My wife and kids love their pasta dishes. The restaurant is located on via de loca. 5 minutes from the Rialto bridge. We did not know it was that close. I took a water boat and got off at d'oro stop.

2  Thank 421gao
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Looks like trip advisor has the location wrong. Its next to osteria LA bottega also on trip advisor. This is a must see restaurant. Small , quiet, tucked away but very friendly, reasonably priced and stunning food. The waiter was friendly, easy going and very helpful. We were given an aperitfe on the house and then a house sorbe at the end. Small but quaint and a great find. Will definitely be back here.

1  Thank Craig K