“Perfect ”

Ranked #102 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Perfect ”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Returned from this hotel yesterday , I really couldn't fault it. Location is fantastic and a few minutes walk from the Rialto bridge, easy to find with very good directions from hotel staff prior to out visit . We arrived and checked in lovely reception staff on duty told us a bit about the local area and boat tour available next day
Lovely clean rooms typically Venetian out room had a window facing a wall but we didn't intend to spend much time in the room . The breakfast was lovely with coffee juice cold meat cheese croissant s etc was ample and thoroughly enjoyed very pleasant lady attended to breakfast just one downfall could do with a bigger breakfast room , we were lucky and got a seat each day though . The area was fantastic and in the heart of Venice we walked everywhere with ease . The staff were curtious , friendly and extremely helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to re commend this clean wonderfully located hotel in a very beautiful city ... Thank you hotel alla fava x

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My family of 5, one of which is an infant, stayed here over a 4 day span. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Venice. The location was so convenient to everything, which is great, because the kids didn't whine about walking too much ;) We actually reserved a room with a canal view, and in my opinion was quite large compared to other European rooms. We had a double bed (for my little guy, husband and I) and two single beds for my 14 and 12 year olds, and still had room to walk around quite comfortably. The bathroom had a shower/bath combo and toilet connected (almost could have been a separate room). It was again quite large compared to other European bathrooms. We opted for the wifi, which was $5 for our entire stay for all our devices. The breakfast room had only 4 tables, but I actually liked taking breakfast up to my room, because the baby could just play around on the bed while I enjoyed breakfast. My husband and 12-year-old opted to eat in the breakfast room though. It had cereal, fruit, yogurt, bread/rolls/croissants (and toaster), a spread of butter and jams, and eggs. For drinks, they had orange juice, pineapple juice, assorted teas, and a coffee/hot chocolate, latte machine. The staff was very helpful with directions, maps, transportation. We had a great time in Venice and looked forward to a relaxing time to unwind in our room after a busy day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting a room with a canal view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shannen2012
HotelallaFava, Responsabile reception at Hotel alla Fava, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Shannen,
We are sincerely very happy reading your amazing review. We are glad you liked everything about your stay and that you also liked to have the possibility of having breakfast in the room.
We hope that on your next visit to Venice, you will choose us again!
Thank you and Best regards.
Baltimore
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This is an adequate hotel with a great location. My husband and I stayed here on a groupon deal. The lobby is small and the breakfast room only has a few tables, so sometimes you may have to wait for someone to finish before being able to find a seat.
The staff is incredibly helpful. I wasn't feeling well and we ordered dinner from a nearby restaurant to go (there are many nearby restaurants) and the staff let us use the breakfast room to have eat our dinner. The breakfast spread is very simple.
The room itself is adequate. The bed seems older and is not that comfortable. There is no mini fridge. The wifi works great throughout the hotel. The housekeeping staff is very good and respectful of do not disturbs. The bathroom is small but clean. The shower and toilet are in very tight spaces.
The location is great. Close to Rialto bridge, shopping, dining, etc. you can walk to anything you need.
With Venice being a very expensive city I would stay here again. I would probably ask for a larger room with a view of the canals. Overall is solid hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bmoregirl
Dear bmoregirl,
first of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
We appreciated your review but we believe the rating given (3 of 5) doesn't reflect its content that, instead, describes us with satisfaction by your side in almost every aspect of the hotel.
Just a short clarification regarding the minibar: being a 2 star hotel we do not have to have it in our rooms but thank you for highlighting it, we would think about it!
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stumbled upon this great hotel. In a quiet square near the happening restaurants and sights. Easy to find. The breakfast nook is quaint and breakfast was hardy enough. The price was 5 euros for wifi for your entire stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the corner room on second floor which is highly recommended. We had two windows overlo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelallaFava, Responsabile reception at Hotel alla Fava, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear brendakda,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We're always very happy to know that your stay has been satisfactory.
We really hope to have the pleasure of receiving you some other time in the future!
All the best from all our staff.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

En route to Slovenia me and my wife changed our minds and decided to head for our next stop, Venice. While on the train (thanks to austrias trains having free wifi!!!) I found this hotel via trip advisor, and booked for one night.

We arrived in Venice at midnight, and took the night boat to Rialto bridge. With only a screenshot of a map we found our way from the boat stop to the hotel incredibly easily. It's a reletivley straight forward walk to the hotel from rialto bridge taking approx 3/4 mins.

The hotel staff were very friendly and the room was excellent. very grand for the price we paid (approx £75) . the bed was extremley comfy and the bathroom was lovely and clean, with a good shower. there was a charging dock in the room for all manner of mobile devices which was a nice touch.

The next morning we enjoyed a lovely breakfast at the hotel, and upon leaving the staff helped us find the location of our next hotel we had already booked. They gave us a map and drew the route for us to follow.

If I remember rightly you do have to pay extra for use of the wifi here, thus us asking for directions to the next hotel, but I don't know if thats still the case as most places offer free wifi now.

Overall, an easy to find hotel, in a great location, decent rooms without spending a fortune (I always feel why would you need ultimate luxury, your in venice to see venice, not the inside of a room!!) but don't get me worng the rooms were excellent. The staff were curtious and helpful and the breakfast was spot on. Well worth considering if you want somewhere decent to stay but don't want to have to shell out a fortune to do it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liam K
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel is a great value, that is why you stay here. Hotels in Venice are crazy expensive and this is not. It's a bit run down, the beds are rock hard (at least in the cheapest double they are, that is what we booked) and they charge for WiFi. Its not all bad, however. We had a shared bathroom in the hallway that never seemed to be occupied and was always kept dry and clean. Breakfast is included, and while carb-heavy, the juice is wonderful. As others have mentioned the proximity to the Rialto and San Marco are great as well. Stay here, get up early and go get lost. If you walk enough and enjoy enough wine at dinner, the beds are much more forgiving!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kissthefr0g
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 November 2013

for my first visit to Venice on a budget, this was perfect. Situated on a side street right near Rialto bridge which is a water taxi main stop and a main attraction. I got lost in Venice many times but could always find Rialto which really helped. 7 minute walk to St. Marks square, can even walk to the Biennale art exhibition. The hotel is clean, which to me is very important. There are only 2 rooms that share a bathroom, I got one and never saw the other person. Having a provided breakfast was great- lots of choices of jams, croissants, nutella, eggs sometimes, teas and coffee, cheeses, cereal..tiny eating room...hotel is in a many centuries old building with no views at all, next to a church. Great restaurants, shops, sites all so close. I gave this 4 stars because it was very good for the price. Beds are not the american fluff I like, but my back did not hurt after 5 nights there. TV in every room with many Italian channels, but why would I stay in my room with Venice outside!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo