“Holiday of a lifetime”

Ranked #16 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Holiday of a lifetime”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband & I stayed 17th -24th November as a 40th birthday treat. I have to say, we both felt this hotel was superb. We had a great welcome from the young men on duty on our first night, and all staff throughout the stay were friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 401 at the back of the hotel looking out over the rooftops, which was beautifully appointed and a pleasure to go back to after a days wandering around. The hotel itself, as many others have stated, is in a fantastic location right next to the water bus stop on the Grand Canal and what a building! Just stunning. Breakfast excellent. Would definitely go back and thank you Palazzo Stern for my birthday surprise :-)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Robertino3, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thanks to you for this very nice review!!!

I'm happy you enjoyed your stay, I look forward to welcome you again soon.

Have a great day and Merry Christmas!!!

Roberto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The Palazzo Stern was a perfect choice for us, the location was ideal as we wanted to be close to The Accademia and this was only about ten minutes walk away.
Our room was elegantly appointed and spacious, the bed was comfortable and the linen was changed on a daily basis. Breakfast is a fresh and plentiful mix of cereal, fruit, pastries plus eggs and bacon. The best thing about this hotel apart from the location is the staff, they are very helpful. During our stay Venice had it's Aqua Alta(flooding) we had daily updates about the weather to inform us if we needed to wear wellington boots or take an umbrella. If we needed to return to Venice this would certainly be a good place to return to

1 Thank markbath
Thank you for your very kind review!
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us, the building and the service.
I look forward to welcome you again soon here in Venice!

Have a nice day,

Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We really enjoyed our holiday at the Palazzo Stern. The location was perfect - next to a vaporetto stop and not far from the Accademia bridge, allowing easy access to the city.
The hotel was beautiful, clean and comfortable and the room was luxurious and spacious. The breakfast was delicious with plenty of variety to suit everybody.
The hotel staff were very helpful, polite and kind. We absolutely loved Venice, and we don't think we could have found a nicer hotel to stay in. We will definitely stay at the Palazzo Stern next time we visit this beautiful city.

Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very kind review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcome you again!

Have a nice day,

London
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I have just spent five nights at Palazzo Stern. This was our fourth stay over a period of five years and we shall always want to stay here again whenever we visit Venice. What more can I possibly say? Over the years the hotel has maintained its high standard in its decor and ambience and quality of service thanks to the helpful and friendly staff who we have come to know. The location is just perfect on the Grand Canal in the quiet yet lively Dorsoduro District - The Ca' Rezzonico vaporetto stop is on the Hotel doorstep which means you can almost wait on the Hotel Terrace for the water bus to arrive - You can also get on here for the Alilaguna water bus shuttle to and from Marco Polo Airport. .

Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay again!
I look forward to welcome you for the fifth time!

Merry Christmas!!!

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Palazzo Stern is perfectly situated at a vaporetto stop on the canal. This is of the canal has more quaintness and appeal. All of the back alleys and walkways have undiscovered picture moments. The hotel is beautiful, room was very special , lots of wood and vaulted ceilings. Breakfast wonderful selections, fresh, plentiful. Centrally located for all the major sights! Staff welcome you every time they see you and make you feel at home. Nice bar for pre or post dinner cocktails. This area has great family run , exceptional quality restaurants and shops are more reasonable than near San Marco . Palazzo Stern is perfect for your stay in Venice!

• Stayed November 2013
What a great review, thank you!
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcome you again here.
Have a nice day!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Wife and I stayed three nights in the "Junior Suite" as the last stop after touring Italy last month... loved it. Small balcony on the Grand Canal, fabulous location, very nice staff, I will remember it always. We are already planning a trip back to Venice next year and will stay at the Palazzo Stern no doubt! Which is the highest praise I can really give.

Few things to work on, bath smelled musty, had water stains on ceiling in bed area but thats par for the course with a lot of the hotels there - its got that whole water thing going on...=)

My thanks to the hotel staff for helping to make Venice a very special ending to a fabulous trip

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank legroom999
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very kind review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay here with us!

We are working on this period on the small damages we have here in and there, like small stains you mentioned. We cannot do it during the highest season periods because all our ceilings are in marmorino, you cannot do a "patch" with this finish, you have to repaint the whole room and it takes 5-6 days... but it's beautiful once finished!!!

Concerning the smell unfortunately we cannot do anything because it's due to the tides. It's the same in the whole city unfortunately!

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon, thanks again for your review and have a nice day!

Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. We had a great stay, staff was very friendly, location was superb. Next to an important Vaparetto (water bus) stop. Room 201 was good, although the engine of the jacuzzi started twice in the middle of the night. Breakfast was okay. Hotel Stern is in the more quiet neighborhood of the city, not smack in the middle of the touristy area. Which is good! What helps is that even the orange water bus form the airport is stopping here. Very convenient.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Robertino3, Direttore at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Buongiorno!

I know about the issue with the Jacuzzi, the concierge told me that you had this inconvenience.
I'm sorry, please accept my apologize. We already called the technician and it has been solved.

I look forward to welcome you again here, have a great day!