“ok...”

and 1 more site!
Albergo al Gobbo
Ranked #225 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 7 April 2011

despite the weird manager it is very well located, the beds are just ok to sleep after a whole day walking...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 July 2010

I wish i had seen this reviews before, I stayed here because my trip to venice wasn't planed out well and by the time i got there everything was, either booked or too expensive. I found this hotel... got the room and left to see the city, by the time i got back to the hotel, the weird manager was trying HARD to get me to stay with him, he tried the kissing and touching thing. Sadly for me it was too late and couldn't leave, so I had to stay there (by the way, I was the only guest in the hote in a city that was fulll) and end up paying for a place where I couldn't sleep thinking the worst, and couldn't enjoy properly the beautifull Venice. It is not worth going through that for a good location. I do NOT recommend it

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
8  Thank Paula S
Reviewed 22 May 2010

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. We were made very welcome. Alex was very kind and helpful. Really looked after us.
.Rooms were spotless with ensuite. Comfortable beds soft pillows. It is close to resturants and shops. The hotel is quiet, but when you step outside there is a buzz. Not a noisey buzz just visitors enjoying the sights. An old church and water feature from the window. I highly recommend this hotel. Not just for location but for the welcome.
Mary Dublin

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank MaryElizabeth45
Reviewed 2 May 2010

We ended up staying here when our flight was cancelled due to the recent volcanic ash cloud fiasco. Alex couldn't have been more friendly, and knowing we were struggling for money, he reduced the room rate for us. Ok, so he is a little over the top, and I know some of you have said women shouldn't stay here alone, but to be honest, he paid more attention to my boyfriend than he did me! The guy means well though. The rooms were spacious, and the location makes it great value for money. I would definitiely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank citygal825
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Alex is a gem to deal with. Rooms are simple but clean and have private bath. They control the volume on the TV so it is kept low and hard to hear. Breakfast is VERY simple. Bring your own towel! Prices are fair, often with a discount if paid in cash. Have stayed here 3-4 times, don't mind it at all as I spend little time in my room. Safe location and VERY close to Sta. Lucia Train Station.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank poettony
Reviewed 24 August 2009

the hotel is not bad, it's cheap and it's close to the station.
The problem is the receptionist, from the first time I saw him, I was scared, he tried to kiss me and then he keep asking me to go out with him....so bad...he's so ugly! Woman be careful, go there just with your boy or with some friends

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank asialarry
Reviewed 15 August 2009

superb find! two of us stayed here, last spring. €75 a night got us a very spacious room, with w/c; the first-floor window opened out on to a gorgeous piazza - with ornate church, fountain, and wonderful palazzos all around!

the hotel is about a seven minute walk [leisurely, with luggage] from the bus station, and is very easy to find. the immediate locale is beautiful, and fascinating, in itself; it's about a fifteen minute walk to piazza san marco, from the hotel. vaporetti are in abundance; but venice is something of a micro-city, so walking it is easy - and Extremely fruitful for the senses.

the staff are friendly; the manager, alex, is a good guy - flexible, and helpful [he let us borrow his own umbrella several times, during hellish downpours]; you could probably negotiate a simple, single room, for €35 a night, on a good day : ] there are also two charming and adorable dogs pottering about the place. but mostly sleeping : 1

only disappointment was the so-called 'breakfast' - which consisted of limp coffee, dry bread, and a selection of cheapo-condiments. this is the only area they could improve on. the kitchen/serving area was very pleasant, otherwise. there is a fabulous place, just down the road [over the bridge, after exiting left], which has stunning goodies for breakfast [and other occasions] at amAzingly low prices; unfortunately, we only noticed it on our last day there.

this will Always be my first choice for a stay in venice. i'm going back there - for carnevale, 2010 - for a simply unbelievable price!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business