Albergo al Gobbo
US$232
US$302
US$270
  • Breakfast included
Ai Mori d'Oriente Hotel(Venice)
US$248
US$217
US$304
US$233
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsa small family run placestay in venicetrain stationpleasant stayrooms are cleanalessandroreceptiondeskcannaregiochurchluggageeuros
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at Al Gobo, yrs ago, when I was in my teens, a lovely little hotel, we had a room at the front with a balcony, it was fab..
Came bk yrs later, it was like stepping bk in time.. Fantastic !
If you want a quiet small hotel with a view, pick this.. Clean fresh and nice atmosphere. Lovely room, quaint and the ensuite was great.. Very charming and romantic.. Venice is very expensive, but worth a trip, really noticed all the culture now I'm older and was stunned I couldn't see it in my teens ( with all mature with age lol).
We stayed in a bed and breakfast basis as we wanted to explore and eat out as much as we could..
All very good, wasn't disappointed..
If you want a romantic time go to Venice and take in everything, from the cosmopoliton life style to all the history..

Room Tip: Don't go high season, it gets packed and smell in hot weather
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was so happy to arrive in Venice and to get settled into my hotel room after a long day of travel. The manager checked me in and showed me to my room and then would not leave my room. He sat down with me on the bed and had his arm around me. I ducked my head to avoid his attempts to kiss me. I ushered him out and locked the door only to discover that my room did not have a bathroom.

I would have to leave my room to shower and I was afraid of what could happen to me in the middle of the night if I had to leave my room. I immediately checked out (and of course he would not give me a refund for the night) and had to find another hotel.

As I was leaving, I saw him accosting another woman in the living room area. He seemed nice to couples though - I guess he figures the men could beat him down if he dared anything with their partner.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
15  Thank Kalli0py
Reviewed 13 August 2013

After a long overnight train trip from Paris to Venice, we walked from the train station to the hotel easily. We had booked the triple room, which had a private bath, and it was crazy hot outside. The hotel decor wasn't elaborate, but really not much different than anywhere else we stayed during most of our three week trip through Europe. Alessandro was good about offering suggestions on local offerings when we asked. When I came back from sightseeing with some mild heat exhaustion, Alessandro was very attentive, brought us extra fans and checked in on us later. The hotel wasn't noisy (even though there were lots of guests we either met in the hallways or saw at breakfast in the morning). It wasn't loud outside, even though we had the windows open, but we also had the fan for white noise. Alessandro also went the extra mile in helping us print our train tickets. Really, he was a tremendous help, and probably the best reason we'd have for going back to Venice. At least we know we'd be well taken care of at his hotel.

Room Tip: Our triple room was nicely quiet, but beyond the reach of the hotel internet, so if you don't want to do your browsing in the common areas, you'll want a different room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank msmeesha139
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The Al Gobbo is a very decent small hotel located on a fairly noisy piazza five minutes from the Venice Santa Lucia train station. The breakfast at Al Gobbo left much to be desired, and as I said, the piazza was noisy. There was no air conditioning in our room, so had it been hot when we were there instead of chilly at night, we would not have slept well. Perhaps rooms in the back of the hotel were quieter.The location, except for the noise, is terrific, within walking distance of everything of interest in Venice.

I particularly wanted to point out that our experience with Alessandro, the owner, was lovely. Despite what others have said in other reviews, we found him to be sweet, attentive, and fully professional. There was absolutely nothing inappropriate at all in his treatment of us.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank suea1
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The reason why I booked this hotel is, firstly, the location. The Santa Lucia Stazione is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel and you can also catch the Vaporetto nearby.
Secondly, the price is quite reasonable.
Here are my reasons why I gave this hotel a terrible review.
Room - very small, just enough space to put your luggage. The decor looks like dating back from 70s to 80s, and never been revamp. No tea/coffee making facilities. If you want tea or coffee, the owner will make it for you for 2.50 euro. The TV is very small and had a very poor reception - not that we spent a lot of time in our room. But my husband likes to unwind by watching television program.
The bathroom is also very small and basic.
Breakfast was included in price of the hotel. You get bread, jam, tea, coffee and juice. Not worth it! So, we decided to have McDonald's instead. At least you get value for your money.
The service is ok. The owner is helpful and does his best to accommodate your needs.
In summary, if you are looking for a cheap hotel and just a bed to sleep on, this hotel meet your needs. Otherwise find somewhere better. I should mention that this is a two star hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013