Al Gallion
US$392
Hotel Moresco(Venice)
US$349
  • Breakfast included
Ai Mori d'Oriente Hotel(Venice)
US$234
US$181
US$304
US$231
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdetailed mapsanta crocegave us a maptrain stationyogurtlovely homeless touristywonderful citywonderful staydaniellavaporettoluggagecentury
Reviewed 26 December 2011

This B&B surpassed all my expectations. Great location, walking distance from the train and bus station. Lovely rooms. Incredible host. Tasty food. Daniela was ever so helpful and gave us extremely useful tips regarding places to visit and understanding the Vaporetto system. She took care of us like a doting mother and made our visit perfect. Washrooms are dedicated but separate from rooms. However, that was not a concern for us. I've stayed in many B&Bs around Europe but this proved to be one of the best experiences I've ever had. If I'm ever back in Venice, this is the only place I will stay in. Absolutely recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank swapc
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Our stay was perfect. Daniela is a perfect hostess, she is very knowledgeable of Venice and presents the guests with a very detailed map of the city including "vaporetto"routes , places of interest and restaurant suggestions.
The B&B is conveniently located near Piazzale Roma ( 10 'walk)and the train station ( 5' walk), the room and bathroom are impecable clean, the breakfast with home made jam and a delicious fruit salad made our stay very pleasant. And besides it is always a pleasure to hear Daniela explaining the great attractions of Venice.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EGLERIO
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We came from Paris via overnight train. It's only 5 mins walk from the train station and Daniela was already waiting for us in the morning with some nice snack and coffee. The room is big and very tidy. The common living room is nearly private to us! Internet service is excellent. She is so kind and helpful to explain every details and good tips to travel in Venice. We don't even have to bring along any travel books but only the very comprehensive maps she prepared for us. It's very precise and she noted down all the important details e.g bus stop, timetable, sightseeing spots and also recommeded restaurants! We followed the ways she suggested and had a great time!  We enjoyed the breakfast time a lot, nice chat with her and we love her fresh fruit salad, homemade cake and jam. Our trip in Venice can't be better without Daniela! It's a perfect place to stay in Venice and we will definitely come back next time!

• Stayed: October 2011
6  Thank Sharonplus
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We stayed at the Al Gallion Bed and Breakfast in Venice for 5 nights in mid-September and would recommend it whole-heartedly to others. Daniela was very friendly and helpful. She provided us with a map of Venice on which she marked spots of interest and drew walking routes for us - we used her map exclusively. She also recommended restaurants and we had some wonderful dinners. Breakfast was very nice - yogurt, fruit, breads, jam, juice, coffee and always a delicious sweet. The bedroom was very pretty and it, the bathrooms and the lounge were kept very clean. The B&B was in an excellent location - within easy walking distance of the train station, the Grand Canal and Piazza San Marco. Make sure you have Daniela's directions for finding your way to the B&B because it is somewhat difficult to find and it isn't obviously a B&B.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anssi R
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed at Al Gallion Sept 12-15th. This was my first visit to a B&B, and Daniella surpassed all my expectations of what that visit would be. The B&B is close to the train station and Piazza Roma where the bus from the airport dropped me off. It was very easy to find and on a quiet street. The apartment has an adequate sitting and eating area. The washrooms are seperate from the bedrooms but you do get your own personal washroom and it is a good size. I stayed in the single room and it was a very good size with a double bed and lots of closet space. The B&B was very clean and tastefully furnished, I felt like I was staying in an actual venetian home.

The owner Daniella was very nice and helpful. When I arrived she offerred me a map and took the time to explain the water bus system and how to get around Venice and the surrounding islands. The breakfast she provided in the morning offerred quite a few choices including home made jams and cakes. She even went as far as purchasing fruit juices just for me since I don't drink tea or coffee.

I only have 2 minor complaints about my stay. First, the shower in the washroom was quite small. Not the smallest that I encountered on my trip to Italy, but I did have some difficulty in the shower. Second, the double bed was actually made up of 2 smaller mattresses. Being someone that likes to sleep in the middle of the bed and combining that with the fact I toss and turn quite a bit, meant that the mattresses actually started to seperate in the middle of the night. I found myself getting up in the night to straighten out the mattresses and put them back together.

Despite those 2 annoyances, I would not hesitate to return to B&B Al Gallion. The service and value for my money just can not be beat.

**TIP: If you arrive by bus and have heavy luggage, do not walk to the B&B. I did this and not only was it physically exhausting trying to lift my luggage over several bridges and down small alley ways, but I was constantly being harrassed by men wanting to carry my bags and get money for it. One man practically ripped my bag out of my hand, I had to fight him for it. Instead, take the water bus to the secong stop Di Biasio. The walk from this stop is only 5 minutes, there are no bridges, and it is far enough down the line that there are no harrassing "helpers".

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo