Let me start by stating this - We loved this hotel! The ambiance, eclectic "Venetian decor", the breakfast room, everything was over the top.
That said - I have one complaint and a word of warning....
- Complaint = Our first evening there we were told that the terrace/balcony was available to
any patron and couldn't be reserved, "but please be considerate of other guests that may want to use the terrace."
The next morning, as we were sitting on the terrace, we were informed that the terrace was "reserved" by another couple for breakfast.... And we had to leave the terrace. After a long day of exploring Venice, we returned to find out that the terrace was "reserved" for the afternoon by the same couple... Not that I'm complaining per say... But the gentleman slept in his chair for over an hour, while his young travel mate read a tour book,,,,, and then laughed about his head nodding while he was sleeping.
- Word of Warning - On our last day in Venice, we overheard a waitstaff in the breakfast room saying they hadn't been paid their wages in three weeks and that the hotel was considering closing the week before we arrived. My suggestion? Check daily as to availability,
In closing, we would definitely stay there again, if it's open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Venice, boutique hotel on the Grand Canal In an exciting and fascinating setting, the Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo awaits you in Venice with spaces and rooms evoking an enchanting atmosphere, perfectly blended with the seductive and romantic soul of our wonderful city. Elegant furnishings and original 16th century elements make Palazzo Barbarigo a unique hotel in Venice, where a refined setting and all the most modern amenities will make your stay an esclusive and unforgettable moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Lastminute, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo Sul Canal Grande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.