“Great restaurant”
Review of Bistrot de Venise

Bistrot de Venise
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Bistrot de Venise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,466 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$85 - US$153
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Description: Bistrot de Venise first opened in 1993 and has since become a hangout and meeting place where the figurative arts, poetry and culture combine, simply, with Food and Wine....1999 saw the start of our research into Rare Wines and Historical Venetian Cuisine, strengthening our concept of applying culture to local and regional Gastronomy and Wine. ...our hard work still continues today... Gastronomy & Wine…extensive research on the history of venetian Cuisine and Wines, from its noble origins to the present time. The Historic & Renaissance Venetian Cuisine revised and suggested by our Chef Mario Missese and his young team. Our House, unique in town, offer a gastronomic trip back to the past glories of Venice following its history & tradition. ”Award winning” wine list, for the quality and variety of the selected rare wines from the Veneto Region and the North-East of Italy. Professional wine tasting (free) all year round. "..exciting Wine List" .. (see Michelin Guide 2012) specialized in the research of many Rare Wines, a truly unique selection purchased directly from small producers with the help of Istituto Sperimentale di Viticoltura di Conegliano. More than 60 options by the glass and a wide selection of the most prestigious italian vineyards. Prized Wine List by Italian Sommelier Association for best 15 in the Veneto Region at Vinitaly 2010.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We went to this place on recommendation. The food was very fresh and delicious. The selection of vines would impress anyone. Service is also on the highest level. Fine dining! Recommend! Book in advance.

1  Thank Yuri1104

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Having read the many reviews and in search of an excellent restaurant, we booked our dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. The meal and service were outstanding. Prior to booking we checked with the restaurant about having a cake delivered from a third party supplier for the evening and this request was accommodated without hesitation. Every part of the evening was worth the price paid.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was really looking forward to eating here because of the reviews that I read. This was supposed to be our expensive dinner in Venice, and the price was definitely expensive! The location is great and eating outside is an enjoyable experience. The staff is also very attentive but appreciate the romance of the atmosphere. I was actually impressed by our waiter's awareness and hospitality. The head waiter, Walter, seemed more rushed and unfriendly than our waiter/server. My dissatisfaction is that the food didn't justify the price so I don't think the value is there. My wife and I both ordered the four-course meal and didn't think that any of the servings were outstanding. They were definitely very good, but they didn't merit anything close to excellent. We're not foodies and are probably the least picky eaters you could imagine, but I was disappointed that the food didn't taste better (actually, the food in Venice was our least favorite in Italy). Nonetheless, the creme brulee is INCREDIBLE with the tiramisu close behind. I'd go there just to eat the creme brulee; easily the best dessert that we had in Italy. I'd go back, but I would avoid the four-course meal and order ala carte because there may be more value in that method (and order the creme brulee of course).

Reviewed 24 August 2014

During my recent stay in Venice my fiancée and I visited the Bistrot de Venise for a beautiful romantic meal. The service was incredible and the food was OUT of this world!! I would strongly recommend that anyone visiting Venice should try and pay a visit.

1  Thank Jen N
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Having read many Trip advisor reviews on Bistrot De Venise, I am happy to say it lives up to its reputation. I pre-booked for dinner and was happy to find it was located in the San Marco area near the Hotel. On arriving Walter the head waiter recommended an italian Rose Brut to start the evening, great choice. We ordered the traditional Venetian cuisine sampling menu, interspersed with the menu was complimentary dishes. The Homeade Baccala, was fantastic,
The Menu consisted of a choice of three from Hors d'oeuvres,First Course, Main Course and Dessert, you could try the six course menu.
Every course was well presented and the taste was perfect. Certainly up there with the best. The bottle of Pinot Grigio I ordered was of a very high calibre, and had an excellent wine list. To some the menu may seem a bit pricey, but in reality the quality of service, and the exemplary food makes it value for money.