Hotel Ca' Alvise
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Ateneo(Venice)
Hotel Becher(Venice)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjacuzzi bathsan angelono elevatorgoogle mapslarge bathroombritish airwaysgood sizewater taxirialto bridgeexcellent locationlovely hoteltop floorrestaurants and shopscroissantsenjoy veniceshower headvenetian hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you´ve never had a chance to see a drunken Hotel Manager screaming at you in the middle of the night, choose the Hotel Ca Alvise in Venice. I was there in February 2012 for a couple of nights as a family with children. The second night the music from a party down stairs was so loud that was impossible to sleep. I went to the reception to complain just to find a receptionist telling me that that´s Italy and he can do nothing before 11:30 PM, then his young drunken boss (apparently the party host) came over and started to shout at me. Of course they finished after 1AM in huge noise of shattered glass. It was the first time when I felt insecure for my family. But that´s maybe not whole Italy but definitely Ca Alvise (and probably its sister hotels).

Room Tip: Other hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank b m
Reviewed 8 February 2012

next to Piazza San Marco, it's cute and confortevole.the room had a chandelier in Murano glass and bath idromassaggio.good breakfast, nice to ask if we wanted to leave your luggage at the hotel after check out to enjoy venice without even packing.
Only bad advice for restaurants to go eat in the evening. :-)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucag803
Reviewed 30 January 2012

just spent the weekend there with wife and two kids, although I dont agree with the 4 star rating it is a very nice clean friendly and well located hotel, just needs hot drink facilities in the room, but altogether would recommend.

Room Tip: had a family room on floor three, nice room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2012

High standards in pure Venetian style ancient, but modern facilities and efficient staff. In the heart of the city. The best in Venice.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2012

They never answered my mails asking to review the price, paid to Groupalia (a group discount organization), which has been 75% higher than their normal rate in January. I had anyway to use my Groupalia coupon, and so I decided to book the hotel, even at this very higher rate. Arrived at the hotel, after 20 minutes walk with luggages, they told me that they decided to give me an accomodation in another hotel (Ateneo, three stars, instead of fours), because they use the roulette formula(?), which give them the right to do so. So I walked to this hotel, not far away, which has no elevator, it has old and dirty rooms and it is quite noisy.
I have to mention one positive performance: their personnel was very kind and helpful. I will not forget them, even if I will forget about these hotels and their organization.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple