“On the plus side, it is close to the centre!”
Review of Artemisia B&B

Artemisia B&B
Ranked #199 of 412 Verona B&B and Inns
West Yorkshire
“On the plus side, it is close to the centre!”
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I can understand why this B&B does not display any photographs, because, to be quite honest, there is very little visually to recommend it.
I really was not made to feel welcome at any point, except on my departure, and the payment for my overpriced stay!
The rooms are sparsely equipped, possess NO air conditioning and have a terrible external view of high walls of surrounding flats and industrial establishments.
The breakfast was the worst I have ever been presented in my extensive travelling experience. Little or no choice was made available!
You will find that you may have to share the same bathroom with up to FOUR other guests as there are no en suite facilities, not even a sink in your room!
I think the word minimalist in every sense of the word can be applied to the Artemesia, except of course, the cost of having the displeasure to stay there.
I would advise anyone looking for reasonable acccommodation at a reasonable cost in Verona, with some element of hospitality, to avoid this B&B.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Travelogger1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sunrise Beach, Missouri
Reviewed 8 August 2009

I made a special effort to book accommodation where we would have our own bathroom, but despite this, found out we would be sharing with 2 other rooms. Not ideal when its 30 degrees outside and everyone is taking frequent showers - with no mirror or sink in the bedroom we found ourselves queueing just to brush teeth/ do make-up etc. The rooms are quite comfortable and the aircon is great but the proprietors were absent most of the time so not on hand to offer local info (and if you can't speak italian you're out of luck anyway, as they didn't speak english).
However, they're not lying - it really is less than 2 minutes from the arena, restaurants and shops, with a handy supermarket a couple of doors down. It's great value for such a central location (15 minute stroll to the train station - although there are frequent buses available too).
Breakfast is good - laid out early in the morning and you come and help yourself - again it was effective but felt like a lack of attentiveness for their guests.
If you're just after a room to rest in, between seeing the sights this will do the job very well. If you're after something special, keep looking!

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jemStockport
Dublin
Reviewed 4 September 2008

I stayed here for 3 nights in August. The location is perfect and everything is right beside you. The place was also very clean.

I did have some problems though, there was no air con and it was very hot. I was a solo traveler and was had a small single room which was fine. I seen 2 of the double rooms and they were lovely. The bathroom I had use of was shared with two other rooms and got messy after use, although it was cleaned each morning. There was also no soap or towels left in it. Other rooms were left large towels and soaps etc but I was left a face cloth and hand towel and nothing else. After seeing the things in other rooms I asked for a larger towel and was given one. My room was not made up each day which I had expected. The breakfast was also poor, I was given a selection of bread, coffee and juice but felt this was bad. I paid €60 per night here and didn't really feel I got good value. I paid €70 per night in Venice and got fabulous hotel. The owner also stays away so there is no one there if you have any problems and they don't speak any English.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of air con and service
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NH
Reviewed 17 August 2008

It was our very first time in Verona. I fell in love with this city. The Artemisia was the perfect stay. Clean, spacious and a perfect location. Don't let the green door fool you- once you are inside you climb a marble staircase one floor to a beautiful apartment. We had the suite (family of 4). It was HUGE. A queen bed for us and a queen pull out for our two teenage girls. We had a private bath across the hall and use of a very functional kitchen. We had the whole place to ourselves. Everything is new. perfect. Little balonys are a nice touch. The location is perfect- right around the corner from the Arena. Walkable to everything. There is even a wonderful grocery store next door. One day we bought fresh bread, cheeses and Italian coldcuts and had lunch in our beautiful apartement. There is a big refrig to store foods. Our hostess, who does not speak English, came to prepare our breakfast. Her daughter does speak English, so communication is fine. I would HIGHLY recommend this Inn.

• Liked — cleaniness, location
  • Disliked — nothing. perfect
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Belgrade, Serbia nd Montenegro
Reviewed 27 June 2008

A great location in the heart of Verona, a short walk to the colliseum and Juliet's balcony as well as shopping and the river.

Very clean room and bathrooms. We had 4 inthe apartment and it was a great deal! Balconies provided nice breeze, didn't see any AC.

More self-service than BB.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — almost missed the sign
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)