“Fast Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The restaurant was busy the night we were there. We were seated at a table upstairs and service was fast. There was an offer of two dishes for 17 Euros so we ordered Parma ham and melon and vegetarian spaghetti for starters and vegetarian penne and veal and musrooms for mains. The food was mediocre at best. Presentation was abysmal. On a positive(or negative) note there was plenty on the plate.

1  Thank therese1404
Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We first visited this restaurant in September 2012 and returned this October. Great atmosphere, filled with locals and reasonably priced. Good sized portions and traditional. Superb arrabiata and would go again if we were to return.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I can see if you were seated in the downstairs, the loud atmosphere and restaurant noises might be a charming distraction from the mediocre food and odd arrangement of tables upstairs, where we were seated. The upstairs is cramped and quiet as a tomb, and my husband and I joked afterwards that it felt like we were funeral reception crashers. Aside from the occasional screaming waitress (I kid you not), the entertainment was lacking and mood was somber. I ordered the pasta fagioli for an appetizer and it was bland and grayish. The main course was eggplant, which was somewhat better, but overwhelmed by cheese. Have I mentioned that I LOVE cheese? The icing on the cake was that we were seated by another couple (literally with our tables pushed together) who were maybe Russian? They laughed when we sat down and continued to quietly talk and laugh, to the point where I asked my husband (in our secret code language) if he thought they were laughing at us. He did. So, did I feel awkward, uncomfortable, and eager to leave this place? Oh yeah. Can't blame the giggling couple on the restaurant owner, but if we'd been seated even one foot away, I might have felt better. I like my personal space. I wouldn't eat here again.

2  Thank Jamie V
Reviewed 16 August 2013

A friend of mine suggested this place, so my girlfriend and I decided to try out this restaurant in the city center. We were immediately seated even though we didn't have a reservation (the place was crowded: make a reservation, if you can). The table were very close, this may annoy someone.
The staff is very friendly, the service is one of the fastest I have ever encountered, and the food was simply delicious! I had hand-made "bigoli" with donkey sauce, and veal breast with mushrooms; my girlfriend had veal with tuna sauce and a selection of four types of cheese accompanied with honey. As I said, everything was tasty, delicious, hand-made, and served fast.
Speaking of the price, things become tricky: you will pay just 17€ for a first course and a second course, but it will cost you a lot more if you choose single dishes (my girlfriend's were both second courses and they cost 12€ each!)
I definitely suggest you dine here!

2  Thank valerio86it
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have been there in July 2013 with a couple of friends. We had already found other places closed due to the hour 14.45 but here we could enter with the promise to order immediately because the kitchen should have closed at 14.30. I had taglietelle with duck ragù, hand made, great flavor and a friend of mine had penne all'arrabbiata, on average, not exactly a typical dish of Verona or something requiring special skills to be cooked. The waitress never smiled but I can undertsand we were just make her working more. Nice place but honestly, I would suggest to try other places in that area.

1  Thank Federico M