“Nice Stay”

Il Sogno di Giulietta
Ranked #7 of 431 Verona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Nice hotel with good service, but not an exceptional hotel. Out of the four places we stayed while traveling it Italy, this was the least impressive. While, we really do not have any complaints, it was rather expensive for the room we received.

Among the good points: Great location in the center of Verona and close to all of the sights, restaurants, and shopping. The breakfast served in your room every morning was also a nice feature. Free internet was also a bonus.

We would stay again, because overall, it was a nice place and we can't complain about anything. Our only thought is that while it was a nice place, it was rather pricey compared to our other accommodations that offered more amenities on our trip.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank midmichtraveler

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Althoug hotel is very good, with excellent details, we considered very expensive for the value received.
Been in the same Juliet's yard is not a differentiator is you have a room with view to the street.
For fruits or eggs in the breakfast you have to pay an additional cost.
Parking is required to pay additional 25 Euro (outside) or more in a garage.
Althoug we have been noticed about an additional fee for our 5yrs old girl, we had to pay 70 Euro per night considering she slept in the same bed with the parents and did not receive the breakfast or bath articles...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gustavo C
Reviewed 15 December 2013

As a writer travelling with my children I grabbed a discounted night impressed by the pictures to stay as close to the romantic centre of Verona as I could. If you are Australian and been to a Boxing Day sale in Sydney times the Verona crowds by 10 & would never recommend staying on a Saturday or Sunday to anyone. The mass of crowds pushing & shoving is extremely unpleasant & makes even a simple task of finding a bottle of wine a challenge.
If you can squeeze through the arch of people desperate to leave their mark, forget the statue of the tragic Juliet, wait until the gates close at 1930 & then access in private; you will find a red roped off door, enter. The first young attendant Anna or Elena, I had to ask her name, seemed pleasant enough, we were told to leave our bags & go to the third floor, where we waited & another attendant brought our bags. I agree with previous comments, nothing to place belongings away in the room & messy bags detract from the tasteful yet over stated decor. I had to ask if they had a map, if they could suggest somewhere to eat, I was told breakfast would be provided between 0700 & 1100 & I thought I was told I would be provided with a sheet to select from the evening prior. All responses were to see reception on our way out & when we collected our passports. The view from the balcony was great, the room not one in the pictures yet maybe that is why we received a discounted rate. On doing as I was instructed we returned to reception, another woman (again no name tag or introduction) attended & returned our passports, again I asked about the map. My children were dressed appropriately for two young people backpacking through Europe & in attendance with a paying customer, yet the body language & eye contact suggested we were in the wrong place, I found this attendant unhelpful & even more French than Italian as thus far people had been welcoming & charming. I was not helped with where to eat & we struggled through the crowds & gave up. We returned & spoke with the bag attendant who was most helpful with a smile, I asked about wine & was given a wine list with bottles 100 & 150 euros. Interesting there was a mini bar with wine & champagne, yet no wine or champagne glasses & I had to ask for an opener. No tea or coffee facilities on the room either.
If you are easily impressed by embroidered towels & a spa in the bath this might impress you.
I was underwhelmed by the fee for the room & the result, the service is hit & miss, few comforts for travellers, the only nice touch I guess they can claim is the Bvlgari shampoo & gel, no conditioner.
The room is a modest size & the single looks as if it had been added for our benefit, it doesn't sit well in the room. The bed was comfortable enough & despite the touch screen music & lighting there were a few Dire Straits classics & a couple of classical pieces.
It's the sort of place you pay to say you were there & yet won't return. They could certainly improve on what I consider by international standards as 3.5 star. We just spent 2 nights in the beautiful Venice in a 4.5 star which we paid at full price for 2 nights what we paid here, we have far better attention & ease in Rome at 70 euro a night. I didn't want for anything at the accom in Venice & they were always volunteering info & helpful.
I sent a message to here about negotiating travel from the train & received no reply. My 16 year ok'd felt unwelcome here, my 8 year old caught up in the excitement if tfe location, both quiet & well mannered children in English & Italian.
Disappointed we wasted our euros when we probably could have found something friendlier & more keen to accommodate travellers. This will certainly make for an interesting piece in my book.

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank CarterMsGJ
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our family of four spent 2 nights there last week and we had a fantastic time. The rooms were spacious (had to book 2 rooms even though the children were under 7), with caractere, nice and clean bathrooms.
The rooms had view over the busy pedestrian shopping street. We were woken up both mornings by the rubbish men around 7am, so maybe it'd be better to be facing the courtyard, probably with a more romantic view.
The rooms were well heated (maybe too hot but it wasn't an issue to use the modern control pad). Breakfast was out of this world. It's served in the rooms and was really copious and excellent. The ham was super tasty, the freshly squeezed orange juice was the best and I still dream of the thick and creamy hot chocolate. The kids still talked about the bacon and want to have a permanent resident there.
The location is spot on, cannot do any better and it is a really nice touch to have a free pass to all the touristic spots. I highly recommend this hotel and Verona.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hobbsling
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in early October and wished we stayed longer.
Right in the heart of old Verona and all the attractions.
Room very clean and large, tastefully decorated! Spa bath a great feature and monogrammed slippers and gowns. Bvlgari toiletries a special touch.
Staff exceptionally welcoming and friendly with great restaurant recommendations.
Breakfasts pre-ordered in the evening and delivered to your room in style.
Rooms quiet due to new double glazed windows and shutters. Good quality large bed and pillows very comfortable.
Juliet’s courtyard and balcony access after 7:30pm for hotel guests only a unique experience.
Definitely a strong recommendation.

1  Thank Gill_and_Mark
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a 1 night-stay in this beautiful hotel.. it's part of our 2-honeymoon trip in Italy..
We traveled to 3 cities - Milan, Verona, Venice; this is our best accommodation and also the most expensive..

We reached Verona around 12noon and they allow us to have an earlier check-in at 12:45pm (usually at 2pm). and they gave us a free upgrade on the 2nd floor where we have a window view of Juliet's balcony! We were impressed at the opulent designs of the glass mirrors, the modern LCD and it's beautiful bed frame - it as as advertised on their website!

I have booked this hotel for its famous attraction of Juliet's balcony. We were given a free pass to the museum, and have the exclusive balcony area to ourselves after 7:30pm! Unfortunately it was raining that night! :(

We also ordered a room service, and the Hotel Manager actually waived off the charges for us when we check out - very nice gesture from him!

Room Tip: I think every room has it's own view but I think the Double La Comfort is priced at the most rea...