“Well worth the money!!!!”
Review of B&B Rigoletto

B&B Rigoletto
Ranked #355 of 419 Verona B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Well worth the money!!!!”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My friend and I stayed here for two nights at beginning of May. Our room was fabulous - the complimentary snacks and brew facilities were very welcome and unexpected give previous reviews. Although no ensuite there were three bathrooms so no problem there and everything was clean. The bed was very comfy and we loved the DIY breakfast - especially the good coffee machine! Location is absolutely superb and no way would you get such a central location for the price we paid in the UK. I would recommend the Rigoletto to anyone and hope to stay there again if I return to Verona.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the back with the balcony!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 1 May 2013

The owner was really friendly and helpful, and our bedroom was quite cosy; furniture was modern, the bed was pretty comfortable, toilet was ample and very clean. Besides, a nice breakfast was served (assorted pastries, cereals, yoghourts...)

I'd recommend this hostel to everyone who wishes to spend a quiet night of rest and explore Verona on foot, as location is rather handy too. This is also a nice choice for a romantic trip, too.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Liberec, Czech Republic
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This hostel is very nice, clean and the people who own it are very kind and helpful. I liked the design of the rooms, they are smart and practical. I traveled to Verona only for one night and if I have had more time, I surely would stay there longer. Breakfast is very tasteful, you can choose from wide range of food, you can make caffe, tea or hot chocolate. Acces to hotel is very easy, you´ll get your entrance code, you don´t need any key to go to the building. The position of the hotel is 5 minutes from Arena and everything is very easy to reach by foot.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Wokingham. Berkshire
Reviewed 30 March 2013

The Rigoletto is very near the Arena in the centre of Verona. On arrival at the rail station, either off the train or the airport bus, with your back to the station turn right walk 150 metres to a large road junction, keeping the large 3 arched monument to your right you then arrive on the Corsa Porta Nuova. Walk for 5 minutes and you come to a small green area on your left across the green is Via Amatore Sciesa and The Rigoletto is down on the left at number 9. But....... ! It also has an annexe at number 8a across the road which I will come to in a moment.
On arrival at number 9 I was told to go up to the second floor, its a shared building offices etc, where I was met by a very helpful young man, I was asked to go into the kitchen area to fill out the necessary registration forms and pay the full amount of my stay, 5 nights, as the hotel has the policy that any cancellation or no show on day of arrival means your card will be charged the FULL amount for your whole stay. Once all this was done I was expecting to be taken down the corridor to my room, but this was not the case I was told I was staying downstairs and could I go down to the ground floor and wait a few minutes.
After waiting a short while the gentlemen came down and told me I was staying across the street in the annexe at number 8a, I did not know this even existed, so we went outside and crossed the street entered the building and I was shown my room, the room was not yet made up but that I half expected this as I arrived just after mid-day, but what I did not expect was a 3 metre x 3 metre room with NO windows and NOTHING LIKE what is shown on the Rigoletto website or any other website come think of it. There was a glass door that lead out to a 3 x 3 metre enclosed yard (Well) area with a generator and an open top drainage area (picture attached) in the middle, so if you wanted some fresh air in the room, and it does get to 40c in the summer, you could open this door but goodness knows what could come walking in !! At this point I am sure you must be asking why not go elsewhere ? But if I had decided to do just that I would have been charged for the whole 5 night stay I had booked.
As I have mentioned the room was 3 x 3 metres with a small television, a single bed, a small heart shaped table (it is Verona !!) that you could not even write something on it as it was so unstable, a short standing light (NO other light in the room) and a very narrow wardrobe, just as well really what with the room being the size it was and last but not least NO chair to sit on.
Breakfast was taken from a small shelf area which is on top of the fridge (Picture attached) just down the hallway, once you got your breakfast you took it back to your room (NO eating area) this was a couple of trips each morning as there was NO trays to carry your breakfast, so get your coffee and toast go back for your cornflakes etc. and then back to your room to sit down there to eat your breakfast BUT...! No chair to sit on so I had to sit on the bed which was only 12 inches (30cm) off the ground including the mattress, you could not even use the table being so weak so don't even think of trying to butter your toast on it because it would not take the pressure, so you sat on your bed trying to juggle your breakfast around on your lap, not the best way to start the day.
The shared bathroom, again down the corridor, looked really nice............ So I thought until looking a little bit closer (again pictures attached) When you think how many people, what with being shared, must use this over a period of time you can just imagine the need for cleanliness, well if you do please DON'T look at the pictures that I took of the shower tray (again attached) the amount of bacteria that must be multiplying by the second in it, just thinking about it I think it best to stop there on that one.
I have always during my travels written honest reports, Rough Guide Travel books etc, and when writing about and reviewing hotels I do EXACTLY the same honest reviews, so on this point I do hope that Tripadviser do there bit and publish all the photographs I have taken of the Rigoletto because it is so important to you travellers because these photos and reviews help the next traveller stepping of the aircraft or the train in finding the right place to stay and for the right price.
SO !............ Was it worth 35 Euros a night ? …........ I will leave you to decide !

Chris Leavy.
Independent Traveller.
With 3 credits in The Rough Guide Travel Books. ( France, Turkey and China )

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ItsLeavy

Travellers are raving about these Verona hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Positive points: good location and quite stylish. The owner was very friendly when we arrived and allowed us to keep our bottle of champagne in the fridge. The self-service breakfast was sufficient.
Negative points: We had to wait quite a while for someone to let us in when we arrived in the middle of a very hot summer's day. They were renovating the apartment (adding an extra bathroom) which was inconvenient and noisy. Furthermore, we could not use the bath in the bathroom (which was shared by three rooms.). The bathroom was not very clean; although this might have been the result of the renovations taking place in the apartment. However, we were unaware of the situation when we made the booking. There was no mirror in our room which is unacceptable for any b&b!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travel_lover350
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2013

First trip to Verona, after finally getting in contact with the owner, we were shown to the b+b/apartment. The room we were in was quite dark and thought we had booked a double room, but it was a twin room. Bit of a strange set-up ... its an apartment that has all the rooms rented out, but as the owner is not easily ascessible it is a bit isolating, and could cause a problem if something goes wrong! The breakfast was lovely, small balcony area that we could sit and eat. There are two decent bathrooms, the shower in the one was a bit leaky, but otherwise good. The location is definately the highlight of the b+b, about a 5/10minute walk to the centre of Verona, and the train station. It wasn't really a room that we wanted to spend that much time in, as it didn't have a very comfortable feel to it. But the breakfast and location were great!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Midlands
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Positive points. Great location, beautiful building and effective overall air on
Negative points - rooms very small, shared bathrooms only just clean enough and kitchen appliances locked outside of 8-10am, breakfast poor standard and coffee machine broken.

The owners are working on this building during the day.. I felt like we were a nuisance not a guest.. We were unAbleto get a drink at five past as kitchen gadgets on a timer, one bathroom key was taken by another guest leaving one bathroom for eight people.
Not really what I expected when booking.

Room Tip: If location is important a good choice
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends