“Friendly B&B”

Horse's House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #135 of 433 Verona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We went to Verona to watch the opera on ice and were offered a lift to and from the arena by the owner which was very much appreciated by us. Saved us the hassle of having to find parking etc. Service was friendly. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. A very nice strawberry and apple tart at breakfast. There was even a gym, even if it was small it was enough.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We had a decent stay at Horse's House B&B. We had never stayed at a B&B before and we were positively surprised since we didn't expect much.
Pros:
- A nice room with good size bathroom. I liked the rustic style with high ceiling and exposed beams. Everything spotlessly clean.
- Coffee and tea facilities.
- Fridge (with water, beer and soda for sale 1 EUR/ 2 EUR)
- A lovely garden with a nice pool (above the ground)
- Very good breakfast (Tea, Coffee, milk, juices, fruits, yoghurts, cereal, cakes, croissants, cheese, salami, rolls and toasts)
- They provide beachtowels and slippers.
- Very good AC with no noise.

cons:
- A little to far from the town center (10 min by car, there is a bus and a bus stop 5 min walk from the B&B which leaves every 45 to an hour for 2 Eur) But we ended up using taxi.
- The neighborhood is nothing special, just off the Autostrada but zero noise.
- The beds are rock hard.
- We were bit by lots of mosquitos (probably seasonal)
- WIFI frankly sucks! It didn't work in the room only on the patio or the small hallway, but it was for free. You have to reaccess every 12 hour and you need a code for every unit.

Carlo (the owner) was helpfull but strangely not very friendly. On the good side he both called for a taxi whenever we needed one, drove us to and from the Arena/Opera (very much appriciated) and bought a cake for us as we celebrated our sons 17th birthday. All that was very nice and couldn't have been bether, but I experienced two incidents that I disliked. First when we arrived and got the room I saw a unit I thought was the AC and tryed to turn it on, but when Carlo came and saw what I was doing, he told me it was the heater in such a manner that I felt I almost had really done something wrong. Why such a big deal?He could just have told me nicely that this was wrong. I didn't need a lesson. And then later I had to aske him to give me an other WIFI access code since we had passed the 12 hours. He started arguing and claimed that we hadn't used up the WIFI access. After rolling his eyes and mumbling somthing we got what we wanted. I have never experienced anything like that before. This is completely out of place. Is it because of miscommunication, Italian manner or just strange attitude, I don't know?

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Great place to stay if you'd like to fill yourself like home, out of noisy city center, with great host and cozy design in the ex horse house...
Very nice breakfast and enjoyable atmosphere.
It is located quite near the motorway, but it is not heard. Close by located a farm, which brings specific smell sometimes.

Room Tip: No tips noticed...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We truly enjoyed staying here.
Just when everything that could go wrong with a trip was, a respite was found at Horse's House.
Our rental car had broken down and we didn't know what to do.
Carlo Casaro, the proprietor, called his own garage and arranged for the car to be repaired.
The B&B is beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean, and the garden is beautiful. We would recommend staying here to anyone wanting to visit Verona.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious, face a garden, and are quiet. Car park is secure.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank quag31
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is a lovely oasis on the outskirts of Verona. Extremely gracious proprieters, spacious and cozy accommodations, secure parking area. Loved it! A small distance from the center of town, but easy to get around.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hawkt1959
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Great place, close to everything as long as you have a car and GPS! great place to come back to after a hot day of traveling around....we drove one day to lake garta, one day to venice and saw the opera in verona....all easy access by car.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank KBryant1965
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I would not recommend this place. It is totally overpriced for what it offers:

- 120 EUR a night for a breakfast that is as plain as: one type of cheese, one type of speck, no eggs, some bread, ready made jam and some serial and a fruit sample. Two juices, not fresh.

- The pool photo is a gimmick! It has been taken from such an angle as if it is a real pool. Well, only when you arrive to get to see that it is an actual buckets that lies on top of the grass

- The owners are too commercial and not friendly. I would had hoped that for a family run place they would be nicer to their guests

- The area around the farmhouse is the most industrial area you have seen, it seems to the the car manufacturing district

- There's is no offering of drinks or snacks throughout the day even if you wanted to buy them

- The 'free' WiFi code I was given was valid for an hour!

So don't be fooled like we did, for a few euros less to go out there. Stay in the centre of Verona and if staying by the pool was something you want to do, look for a different destination.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple