All reviewssecond buildingpiazza braquiet streetsmall hotel with only roomsthe main hotel buildingnearby attractionscoat hangerscontinental breakfast issuperior double roompastriesplenty of hot waterlovely hotelexcellent locationstorage spaceverona arenawalk in showerstayed for nights
Reviewed 5 April 2011

On their web site they claim to take dogs and also, claim to be an 'old convent'. When we arrived it turned out they did not take pets in the 'Old convent' even though I had made the booking on that understanding.There was water all over the floor in the swish bathroom for which we had to pay an upgrade, there was mould all over the ceiling and the managment were only interesdted in their Spa customers, not us, as guests.They never even lifted their heads to say 'hullo' as we passed each day.We had to mop m,up the bathroom floorm with our towels and they never re-placed them with clean ones and the TV did not get any foreign station.If we wanted wi-fi we had to pay extra- and the charges were incredible. What a dreadful set up.Nice junior staff but what a disastrous management team.

Room Tip: Dont spoil your trip to Verona....stay somewhere.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrancescaPadua
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Having just returned from a weekend trip in Verona I am delighted to say that our experience in the Hotel Marco Polo was a very pleasant one. The hotel looks quite small from the outside but dont let that put you off. Our room was in the new complex at the other side of the narrow cobblestone street and I can safely say that it was one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in, the bathroom with a jaquzzi bath was huge. The receptionist was very friendly and the location was perfect, just 2 minutes walk to the amphitheatre.
I would gladly go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kd_kevin
Reviewed 21 January 2011

this is the first time that I take 5 min to write a review (though I'm using a lot of the tripadvisor's reviews to make my own choice). I have in fact this morning make a reservation with booking.com and cancelled it 5 min later ! It was written "book with no cancellation fees" but as my reservation was for tomorrow, they charged me 179 Euros!; I've tried to negotiate with booking.com (that I'm using frequently) but they say it was the hotel final decision. Despite e-mails and 2 phone calls, they refused to reimburse me. I found this very mean. very costly for a 5 min booking. They are plenty of alternatives in Verone, so avoid to provide business to nasty hoteliers.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DominiqueG75
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Very poor value for money. Room was adequate and clean, but wooden floors and poor sound proofing made the children in the room above easy to hear (particularly early in the morning). The staff were friendly when spoken to, but did not offer any 'value add'. One of the staff at the small front desk did not bother to look up from their computer when we entered the hotel. The breakfasts were ok and the location is good for the Arena.

We booked a 'wellness package' (as this was the only option at the time of booking) but it was not stated on the website that this was limited to a 4 hour window (that was not convenient for us). Nor was it stated that this package was provided in a different, separate building down the road : not very 'relaxing' when you need to dress afterwards and walk back to your room in the rain !!
The room rate charged was extremely expensive for the quality of the room and the time of the year.
We stayed for 2 nights at the end of a 3 week stay in Italy.........and this was by far the most disappointing hotel.
My request for a refund was politely refused.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Direzione_Marco_Polo, Direttore at Hotel Marco Polo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2010

Dear Customer,
I am very sorry to read of your experience, because I think it was the result of misunderstandings.

Our wellness center, equipped with 8-seater Jacuzzi, Turkish bath, Finnish sauna, experience showers, Kneipp path, heated bench, salt cave for ocean-therapy, herbal teas and beauty center, is open every day from 15 to 21 (times to be understood as time of entry). Everything listed can be used for free with the package sold together with the room (except the salt cave), that is what you bought, otherwise the cost would be about 55 euro per room per day, without restriction.

This explains the reason for the higher cost of the room, purchased with the wellness package on Booking.com.
Being in a special room, reserved by offer in a period of a high turnout, it was not refundable, and this is a very specific conditions at the time of purchase: I understand that being involved with the fair You didn't find the time to enjoy it, but I do not believe this can be attributed to us, as indeed the wellness center has a daily opening long enough (more than 7 hours useful).

As for its location, it is true that outside the structure, but You just have to cross a narrow one-way, for a total of about 20 meters, and the center is also equipped with a comfortable locker room for even greater comfort.

In conclusion, I regret that during his stay as our guest You have had these problems, but please understand that we do have rules to follow to ensure great service and to ensure maximum hygiene to each customer, and we can not be considered responsible for that the time available to You were not enough.

I invite You to return as our guest, perhaps with more time available, so You can try our services calmly, and understand why our wellness center is one of the advantages that customers - how can be read in the other reviews - appreciate more.
With sympathy
Edoardo Caldari

Reviewed 11 May 2010

we liked it- not too far from the action. nice quiet place, small hotel.
however, our room was very small, bathroom too small to fit ( :) ). the staff was not there at night. we had to leave early for milan, and noone was there at the desk!!!! gladly a young woman came to set up for breakfast so we were able to check out. make sure you tell them you will be leaving early.

other than that it was great- friendly staff, clean rooms, nice setting. most likely would come back there

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple