All reviewssecond buildingpiazza braquiet streetsmall hotel with only roomsthe main hotel buildingnearby attractionscoat hangerscontinental breakfast issuperior double roompastriesplenty of hot waterlovely hotelexcellent locationstorage spaceverona arenawalk in showerstayed for nights
Reviewed 25 May 2011

we had a boutique room in the annex which was a really large size compared to previous italian city hotels. the reception staff were fantastic and even said hello as we passed in the street in verona. breakfast is very good and can be brought to your room if desired. 5 mins walk from piazza bra and the arena di verona if watching the opera (not on while we were there) Verona is a beautiful city for shopping and cafe culture, we felt very at ease and was welcomed into even the most 'local type' bars and caffe's with a basic grasp of italian.

shopping is excellent for the famous italian brands

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank steviec82
Reviewed 15 April 2011

The room looks new and is clean. The bed is comfy. Hotel is located near the arena and less than 15 minutes walk from the railway/bus station (Porta Nuova), but Verona is a pretty small city anyway. Breakfast is pretty good. There is a restaurant right in front of the hotel, which i think offer good enough food with reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2011

On their web site they claim to take dogs and also, claim to be an 'old convent'. When we arrived it turned out they did not take pets in the 'Old convent' even though I had made the booking on that understanding.There was water all over the floor in the swish bathroom for which we had to pay an upgrade, there was mould all over the ceiling and the managment were only interesdted in their Spa customers, not us, as guests.They never even lifted their heads to say 'hullo' as we passed each day.We had to mop m,up the bathroom floorm with our towels and they never re-placed them with clean ones and the TV did not get any foreign station.If we wanted wi-fi we had to pay extra- and the charges were incredible. What a dreadful set up.Nice junior staff but what a disastrous management team.

Room Tip: Dont spoil your trip to Verona....stay somewhere.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FrancescaPadua
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Having just returned from a weekend trip in Verona I am delighted to say that our experience in the Hotel Marco Polo was a very pleasant one. The hotel looks quite small from the outside but dont let that put you off. Our room was in the new complex at the other side of the narrow cobblestone street and I can safely say that it was one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in, the bathroom with a jaquzzi bath was huge. The receptionist was very friendly and the location was perfect, just 2 minutes walk to the amphitheatre.
I would gladly go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kd_kevin
Reviewed 21 January 2011

this is the first time that I take 5 min to write a review (though I'm using a lot of the tripadvisor's reviews to make my own choice). I have in fact this morning make a reservation with booking.com and cancelled it 5 min later ! It was written "book with no cancellation fees" but as my reservation was for tomorrow, they charged me 179 Euros!; I've tried to negotiate with booking.com (that I'm using frequently) but they say it was the hotel final decision. Despite e-mails and 2 phone calls, they refused to reimburse me. I found this very mean. very costly for a 5 min booking. They are plenty of alternatives in Verone, so avoid to provide business to nasty hoteliers.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple