“One of our favourite restaurants on our Europe trip ”

Osteria Il Ciottolo
Ranked #29 of 1,298 Restaurants in Verona
Price range: US$18 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The osteria is a few distance from Castelvecchio and the Arena in the heart of Roman Verona , located in front of the palace Canossa on the ancient Via Postumia , now Corso Cavour . The tavern serves traditional Veronese dishes.
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been travelling around Europe for one month by now. We have not, until now, experienced such a tasty dinner as we did here. Both of us were really satisfied with our meals and enjoyed every bite of it.
Besides the tasty food, the restaurant had a really cozy atmosphere.
It is a great restaurant for us backpackers as it is for locals. And you probably know that if locals eat at a restaurant in Italy, it is a 10/10 place.

1  Thank adakaj
Write a ReviewReviews (2,296)

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Visiting my cousin in Verona she introduced me to this delightful Osteria in the historical zone of Verona. Reasonably priced delicious from the first mouthful. We shared the prosciutto crudo and figs, roast beef english style but I had a giggle that it is served with shaved parmesan and rocket (rucola-arugula) but the most tender beef I have tasted other than our other dish of vitello tonnato (veal with a tuna mayonnaise sauce)
Desert cheesecake with raspberry sauce, pana cotta with melon sauce and tiramisu. It's been a long time since I've experienced a placed that all dishes served are top notch.
On top of all that add the beautiful ambiance and decor typical veronese. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a straightforward restaurant and Il Ciottolo suited our mood on a Monday where many are shut. A good looking place with seating inside and out. The welcome was warm and friendly. We had the special pasta with duck and also the truffle pasta. Both were excellently cooked and tasty. Personally I would have preferred more duck in my dish and only contained a very small amount (maybe just the way it is served). The truffle pasta was great - decent amount of truffle.

Would recommend for simple food cooked well, has a good look and feel about the place and friendly staff.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Dined here and hAd good food. Pretty decent wine list. Husband got talked into pasta special which he said was good, but not quite what he expected, while I was very happy with bolognese sauce. Friend also enjoyed her pasta rustica. Adequately filled up with pasta and salad, but desserts were also available. Wait staff were busy but available to us.
Seemed like there were locals at restaurant-- they were ordering the rabbit and horse meat options.
Bill for 3 of us with bottle of wine was under 60Euro.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Delicious, italian, traditional food and polite staff. First day of our trip without having booked a table (although we should), they managed to serve us. So it's not only the food, it's also the people. I highly recommend this restaurant!