“Lovely local cuisine”

Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The osteria is a few distance from Castelvecchio and the Arena in the heart of Roman Verona , located in front of the palace Canossa on the ancient Via Postumia , now Corso Cavour . The tavern serves traditional Veronese dishes.
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Went based on Tripadvisor reviews and wasn’t disappointed. They cater well for vegetarians, pescatarians and carnivores. We went fairly early (8pm) and the restaurant was already getting busy. The service was very good from the start. I tried the horse ragu with gnocchi (a very local fish apparently) and it was very good. And their tiramisu is also very good. All in all, highly recommended.

Date of visit: July 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,558)

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed their food immensely here.
Looks non descript from the outside but a real gem. Simple and delicious, with the best olive oil we had in Italy so far. We should have written down the name!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank carynd2014
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We had a very nice experience and good local Northern Italian cuisine at Osteria is Ciottolo. The restaurant opens for dinner at 7:15 and it’s a good idea to have a reservation as the place filled up quickly on a Monday evening. It seemed to be mostly locals and a few travelers like us that either did their homework or just got lucky.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I had researched this restaurant, but I was running out of time in Verona. As I walked around Castelvecchio and the beautiful Ponte Scaligero tonight, it got late enough that I decided to stop in as I walked past. I didn't have a reservation, but they seated me, if I could dine within one hour (to accommodate reservations)). They were well organized. Someone came right away to ask if I'd like water. Then the lovely hostess came to to explain the daily specials. She came back momentarily to take my order. I ended up with a local, seasonal specialty: ricotta-filled tortellini with cherry tomatoes and arugula and a side salad. I've been ordering different Soaves and decided to roll the dice. I tried the house white, which was a lovely, slightly bubbly wine. It was all great - food, wine, service. Not chaotic (like Casa Vino the night before - also very good, just a different atmosphere.) I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and would go back again, happily.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I ordered the stewed donkey meat with polenta, with a glass of red wine. The stew was tasty and well-cooked, the polenta was bland (which it may well supposed to be) and the red wine was cold (which it isn't supposed to be). €13 for the main seems reasonable and the service was excellent.

Definitely worth a visit if you want to try donkey meat.

Date of visit: April 2018