“Nothing Special!”

Ranked #17 of 79 Hotels in Verona
Vancouver, Canada
“Nothing Special!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I should start by saying that I personally did not pay for my stay at this hotel. And honestly, if I ever visit Verona, perhaps this hotel would not be on the top of my list.

Having said that, I should also add that this hotel did not have any serious problems. It is just an ordinary hotel. It also lacks character; its style is neither modern nor classic. I am not sure if it has any style at all!

The hotel is located a short walk from the arena and historic part of Verona. I absolutely loved the city and I was very busy with the event I had to attend. So, the only time I spent in the hotel was from approximately 11.30 am to 8.30 am.

My room (on second floor) was a double room although I was a solo traveller; so the room felt spacious. The room also received a lot of daylight. It looked clean but definitely aged. The bathroom felt even older. The lighting in the bathroom seemed inadequate as well.

As with noise, I did not have much problem with ambient noise from neighbouring rooms. But, flushing toilets or using bathroom in neighbouring rooms felt like somebody was in my bathroom! It was so load that the first night I actually got up and checked my bathroom to make sure that the noise is not from my own bathroom!

The breakfast was OK but nothing memorable.

The staff were helpful and nice. Maybe I am used to the more friendly, relaxed North American attitude but the staff came across as a bit uptight. I had absolutely no problem with the satff and it could only be a cultural difference.

Overall, I do not have much to complain about the hotel but perhaps mainly because I did not pay for my stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank KMMV

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
philadelphia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This tourist hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the old city and an equal distance from the train station in the opposite direction. Our room (106) facing the front of the hotel and the street was very large with a comfortable bed and marble bathroom. Nothing outstanding about the room, but everything was clean and functional. Breakfast was included and consisted of a buffet in the cheerful lobby containing the usual northern Italy fare. The hotel does not have a restaurant, so the buffet was not overly extensive. Again, nothing special but more than adequate. Housekeeping was timely and thorough and the front desk was helpful and friendly. A solid tourist hotel but nothing more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Etoy
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel is well located, near the train station and the town center. We had two Superior rooms, which were of a nice size, clean and with good comfort. In the rooms we have the possibility of making our own coffee or tea, which is appreciable. The breakfast is fine. Reception area is very pleasant and the staff most helpfull and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the entrance are more quiet, while the other ones get some noise all n...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Only stayed for 1 night. The hotel is perfectly serviceable. Friendly staff, clean rooms (golden ceilings n'all)
Main plus point is the location. 500m from the start of the historic area of Verona. I've spent 2 days here and seen everything on foot. I'd recommend this hotel. Also, it only cost 9,000 Avios points for the night. Bargain.
P.s Breakfast is a little naff however Verona isn't exactly short on amazing places to eat!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in July this year and were very impressed with the Superior Rooms - probably the best hotel room we have had in years!

Very bright, modern, but with a traditional twist!

Good breakfast, bright modern and clean reception area.

Friendly helpful staff and quite a good location - about 10 mins from the Arena.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Donegal Ireland
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights in Sept '13 and we were impressed with the overall standard of the hotel. The reception area is spacious and bright (white couches and chairs) and the reception is open plan and very smart looking. Staff are helpful, the rooms are spacious and very clean if a little noisy sometimes; the breakfast buffet provided a great variety of cereals, yogurts, juices, breads, cakes, scrambled eggs and boiled eggs. As a previous reviewer noted, there are two very noisy coffee machines which create noise all the time as they are being used by guests throughout the morning. I didn't look for Wifi access as I believe it is charged per hour and as most hotels provide this as complimentary I think this is a negative. Air conditioning worked well and there is a safe which is activated by the electronic door key. It is an easy walk from Verona central station, past the church, across two busy road crossings and onto Via Giberti. Equally, from the hotel it is an easy ten minute walk towards the centre and the arena. We were booked in as part of an overall package through an advisor, so didn't pay separately for the hotel and can't comment on price However, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel again for anyone who wants to be in a nice four star hotel in a good location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne M
London
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good location and decent breakfast options are all I can say to recommend this hotel.

Other than that the cleaning staff entered out room, even though we had the 'do not disturb' on the door, the bar isn't much to speak of and the outdoor breakfast table and chairs were hosed down in the morning meaning that all our bums were wet!!

I wouldn't chose to stay here again. They're just getting it more wrong than right here.

Room Tip: On the top floor. On the 2nd morning, my husband and I were woken by are very noisy upstairs neighbo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple