“Luxury at a reasonable price”

Best Western Hotel Firenze
Ranked #5 of 77 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in May 2013. The location is pretty good, on a wide avenue leading down to the historical center. It's a ten minute walk down to the Arena. The interior of the hotel is very clean and well maintained.

The room was bright and spacious, and large French doors opened up onto a small balcony overlooking the avenue outside. The room was very well soundproofed, so there was no street noise to be heard. Another great detail that contributed to good sleep quality was that the French doors had remote controlled shutters on the outside, so it was possible to sleep in complete darkness.

The bathroom was quite large, and instead of a bathtub it had a big shower enclosure with properly closing doors, so no water splashing on the floor.

The breakfast was very good, definitely above the average hotel.

I must commend this hotel on their laundry service. When I arrived I had a pair of jeans that needed to be washed, and I asked if they would be ready the next day. They asked the maid in charge of the laundry service, who said that they might actually be ready the same day. So I said "great!" and handed her the jeans and went out for lunch. When I got back from lunch there was a knock on the door, and there was the maid with the jeans, now perfectly clean. It couldn't have been more than a good hour, so I have no idea how she could wash and dry a pair of jeans in that time.

If I go back to Verona I'll definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I stayed 3 nights at this Best Western hotel located near the railway station in Verona. The room was good, with free internet (which was a bit slow) and a reasonable breakfast. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael P
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed here for one night while visiting Verona and it was heavenly. This was by far one of our most comfortable stays during 2 weeks in Italy. Verona itself is a quiet gem well-worth visiting and this hotel will keep you rested and relaxed enough to do so. The staff was nice, the bed was super comfortable, the shower was amazing (jets everywhere!) and it was quiet but on the main street in Verona. It's a little off the main piazza but an easy 5-10 minute walk will take you to all you want to see, and its about 10 mins from the train station, which was a plus. I recommend this for weary travelers looking for a good night's sleep!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I have been traveling around Italy staying in B&B's. We didn’t want to stay in a chain motel. We couldn’t find a B&B that satisfied us in Verona so we thought we would try this place. Not a mistake. I’m so glad we stayed here. Not far from the train station. Easy walk. We got there before our room was ready but the staff was more than happy to store our bags so we could get started on our sightseeing. I recommend renting their bikes. Very reasonably priced. We were able to get around the city very easily in a short period of time. I had my best nights sleep in all of Europe in this motel and the breakfast was fabulous. You will not go away hungry. Thank you Best Western Hotel Firenze.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sioux20
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Have stayed here 4 times now on business & enjoyed it on each occasion. The location of the hotel is at the bottom of the Corso Porta Nuova, which is ideal, as it's only a 5 minute walk from the train station & around the same again up to the Piazza Bra & Arena.
I've had 4 different rooms and all were very spacious & have always been clean. Breakfast is a good variety of hot food, meats, cheeses, breads etc.
Would stay again if in Verona...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DJA13
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Exceeded expectations in all respects. We found it easily after driving from Siena, dropped our bags at the hotel, returned our car to the airport, and easily used public transportation to get back to the hotel. Central location, full breakfast with plenty of fresh fruit, pastries, espresso, and cold milk for the muesli & other cereals. Well lit, comfortable room with good wifi, shower & bath, tv, ac & etc. It rained one night and we had a light dinner in the small hotel bar - charming waiter and great food. And the AAA discount made it quite affordable. Great find!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rosy j
BWFirenze H, Proprietario at Best Western Hotel Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

dear Rosy j
thank you for the review and by Simone, our barman who hope to have you back soon to let you taste his wonderful cocktails.
hope to see you again

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Easy walking distance to train station and center of town. Clean, spacious rooms, comfortable furniture for relaxing after a long day of walking. Breakfast was very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple