“Excellent - except for wifi”

Best Western Hotel Firenze
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business for 5 days in May. I loved everything about the hotel. Great location, comfortable and very clean rooms, spacious bathroom, comfortable beds, pleasant staff, excellent meats and fruit for breakfast. I would give the hotel 5 stars except for the impossible wifi.

When I checked in mid day, the connection was so slow that I couldn't even check my emails. I had to go to a neighboring hotel and beg them to let me use their wifi (which they finally did, after quite a bit of convincing). The staff at the Best Western kept saying that they'd never experienced such a problem before. But then I heard other guests who had been there previously complaining. It seems that the hotel just doesn't have enough bandwidth for all their guests/devices. You had to wait until after midnight to be able to access email and do other work. Frankly, that's ridiculous. The wifi at the other hotel and at the university where I was working was excellent, so good wifi is available.

I urge the hotel to upgrade its wifi system. Otherwise, this hotel is a fantastic place to stay, but only if you don't have to do any business.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank julieisme
PaoloSergioCucini, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Best Western Hotel Firenze, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Julieisme what can I say to answer to your gripes about the Wi-Fi service in the hotel area? That other customers noticed that and we had already planned to change the supplier? And consider that we have changed the previous one last year because we were not satisfied at all; but in some months the needs of people who stay at Best Western Hotel Firenze became so heavy, in uploading rather in downloading because of the media shares, that surprised all and a new one has already been chosen and working for the switch... come again to stay at the hotel, test it and let us know if the choice will performing as the others services you appreciated!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

While in Italy for work, I had an extra day to travel, so I went to Verona, having just come from Florence. I like this hotel because it was very close to the train station, the breakfast is good, and the staff is competent. The only thing I wish is that the front staff were a bit more friendly. They were like "professionally" friendly, but I like a little more personal attention.
Anyway, since I am a younger woman traveling by myself, I wanted to feel safe and I did feel secure there. The hotel has bikes you can rent for 4 euro a day, along with the lock and chain, so this gave me a lot more freedom to go around. The bikes are nice and easy to navigate.
I had a great time riding around to all the parts of the city, as the city is very bike friendly, but I am also used to riding a bike in NYC, so I didn't have any problems. Should you decide to rent a bike, make sure to follow all the posted signs and pay attention to your surroundings.
In summary, I was very happy with my stay, and I would stay here again if my budget is the same. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We only had an opportunity to stay overnight at this hotel, but the location, room, and staff were excellent. It was rainy during our stay and the hotel had plenty of umbrellas available for us to use while we walked around the sites nearby. We would definitely return to this hotel when we come back to Verona.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe L
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Was on a short trip on the 19th to Verona. We had an excellent stay, everything was just about perfect - great room, great location very easily accessible from the station as also the old town. The staff were very friendly and responded to all requests very very quickly. The breakfast spread was also very good. Overall a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gparija
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My partner and I stayed at the hotel Firenze in Verona for a week in May 2014. We found the staff in the hotel to be friendly and courteous at all times. You couldn’t walk past a single staff member without a getting a friendly smile and a hello. The room we stayed in included a Shower / Jacuzzi / Sauna all in one – My better half’s shower time in the mornings were about 40 mins long. Word of advice, don’t press the hazard sign on the panel, it notifies reception – We found out the hard way. Food served at breakfast is amazing – very continental and more than enough selection for the pickiest of eaters. The bar is small but very well stocked and not overpriced. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for couples – Just don’t expect to see much of your wife / girlfriend around shower time 

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed for four nights at the Best Western Hotel Firenze in Verona and were delighted with our choice. We chose it based on Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed.

It is in a great location, being about 10 minutes walk from the Old Town, restaurants and shops.

We had requested a quiet room and got just that. It was also large and very comfortable with generous amenities including slippers and baci chocolates. The bathroom was large as well.

Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. We would highly recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mgaMelbourne
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We took a room for 3 people. Very big and comfortable appartment. We had a place outside like a balcony, where we could have lunch ourselves or just have rest. Appartment was very clean! The location if perfect and for going to the center, and for travelling by train (like we did) - just 7 minutes to train station Verona Porta Nouva. Breakfast was perfect, with big choice and teverything was tasty.

WIFI didnt work super good, but was quite good. It was just one little problem for us.

Room Tip: Triple room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends