“Good hotel in a good location”

Best Western Hotel Firenze
Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Verona
Southampton
“Good hotel in a good location”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We got what appears to be a good deal on our 3 night stay here, but would have still been happy if paying more.

Our 5th floor room at the back of the hotel had a small balcony, and whilst not enormous, was big enough, and tastefully decorated.

The air conditioning was powerful, the shower good and the bed comfortable (as long as you like hard).

It was always quiet during our stay too.

Breakfast was included in our room rate and was better than we expected. The usual fair, cereals, meats, fruit cakes, etc. All of which were fresh and tasty.

The hotel was an easy walk from the train station (10min) and about 10mins walk from Piazza Bra.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Hampshire
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Having read many of the positive reviews about this hotel I booked it for myself and my wife, and two other couples for a 4 day break.
On arrival we were greeted at reception by very friendly staff. We had booked 3 superior rooms and I had requested them to be adjacent and on the upper floors. Both requests were met and we were given 3 rooms on the 5th (top) floor, although one couple were moved down to the 4th floot due to the air conditioning in their room not working.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed, although the bathrooms are IMHO a bit on the small side but quite adequate. Our bathroom had a jacuzzi shower and no bath - personally would have preferred a good power shower and a bath as my wife prefers to bath than shower.
Excellent toiletries, slippers etc. Beds very comfortable and all bed linen and towels was replaced daily despite hanging towels up.
Breakfast very good with a reasonable choice of hot and cold foods, juices, bread and hot drinks. Again staff very friendly and efficient.
My wife and I are cycling in France soon and have again booked a Best Western hotel so it will be interesting to see how it matches up to this wonderful place.
It is ideally located being just a 10 minute walk from the train station, which is where you arrive if you catch the shuttle bus from the airport which at 6 Euros per person single is well worth it. It is also only a 10 minute walk from the Piazza Bra which is probably the main square and has an array of restaurants.
There is a good little supermarket (PAM) nearby where you can buy most items you may have forgotten.
Check-out is at 12:00 but they have a secure room where you can leave your luggage if needed.
So it you're planning a trip to Verona then I fully recommend you check this hotel out and if it's available book it.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a main road, but slightly set back. We had a 5th floor room on the back so it was re...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DrDavidHampshire
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here for one week from the 25th May,this is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location .
Everything you need to see can be done by walking .
Turn left when you leave hotel 10 min walk and you are at Arena ,beautiful to sit at many of the resturants and enjoy the view of the Arena .would recommend cafe Liston 12 lovely food here and the staff very helpful .
If you turn right when leaving hotel 10 mins and your at the train and bus station .
We had a lovely room kept very clean tea coffe available in your room nice touch ,and a lovely choclate left for you at your bedside every day The breakfasts were excellent plenty to choose from .while staying here we took a train to Venice lovely to see ,but trains are very difficult to work out tickets watch when buying tickets from the machines as there is fast trains which are more expensive ,we purchased a ticket for a train that wasn't even on that day ? We ended up having to go on another and pay the difference of 42 euros total of 69 euros for two one way and took approx 1hr 30 mins still not badly priced ,you just have to watch as it's not very clear.
Venice worth a vist beautiful .also would recommend a trip to sirmone in lake Garda what a beautiful place go there if you can you get a bus .
If you arriving in verona late evening you will need to take a taxi to hotel approx 36 euros ,but if arriving or leaving early on use the aero bus shuttle only costs 6 euros each takes about 15 mins approx and the run every 20 mins leave from bus station just at the end of the taxi rank .

Room Tip: Ask for room with view if required we looked on to air conditioning units ,but were out all day so...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank angela-abel
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Best hotel we stayed at on our family honeymoon. I booked a kids room, and I was so happy with the items they had available for our 5yr old. There was a teddy, felt tips, paper, Wii and games. My daughter felt very special. The room was in the annex next to the hotel. It had a kitchen, Jacuzzi shower and good sofa bed for our daughter.
Location is a 10 minute walk from the station and a 10 minute walk into Verona, so this was perfect for us.
We had mentioned on the booking form it was our honeymoon and they provided a bottle of Prosecco to have in the room. I was overwhelmed by the gesture.
Breakfast was plenty and our 5yr old enjoyed the fresh fruit and especially the pineapple.
Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Thanks :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
usa
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business for 5 days in May. I loved everything about the hotel. Great location, comfortable and very clean rooms, spacious bathroom, comfortable beds, pleasant staff, excellent meats and fruit for breakfast. I would give the hotel 5 stars except for the impossible wifi.

When I checked in mid day, the connection was so slow that I couldn't even check my emails. I had to go to a neighboring hotel and beg them to let me use their wifi (which they finally did, after quite a bit of convincing). The staff at the Best Western kept saying that they'd never experienced such a problem before. But then I heard other guests who had been there previously complaining. It seems that the hotel just doesn't have enough bandwidth for all their guests/devices. You had to wait until after midnight to be able to access email and do other work. Frankly, that's ridiculous. The wifi at the other hotel and at the university where I was working was excellent, so good wifi is available.

I urge the hotel to upgrade its wifi system. Otherwise, this hotel is a fantastic place to stay, but only if you don't have to do any business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank julieisme
PaoloSergioCucini, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Best Western Hotel Firenze, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Julieisme what can I say to answer to your gripes about the Wi-Fi service in the hotel area? That other customers noticed that and we had already planned to change the supplier? And consider that we have changed the previous one last year because we were not satisfied at all; but in some months the needs of people who stay at Best Western Hotel Firenze became so heavy, in uploading rather in downloading because of the media shares, that surprised all and a new one has already been chosen and working for the switch... come again to stay at the hotel, test it and let us know if the choice will performing as the others services you appreciated!
Ny, NY
Reviewed 2 June 2014

While in Italy for work, I had an extra day to travel, so I went to Verona, having just come from Florence. I like this hotel because it was very close to the train station, the breakfast is good, and the staff is competent. The only thing I wish is that the front staff were a bit more friendly. They were like "professionally" friendly, but I like a little more personal attention.
Anyway, since I am a younger woman traveling by myself, I wanted to feel safe and I did feel secure there. The hotel has bikes you can rent for 4 euro a day, along with the lock and chain, so this gave me a lot more freedom to go around. The bikes are nice and easy to navigate.
I had a great time riding around to all the parts of the city, as the city is very bike friendly, but I am also used to riding a bike in NYC, so I didn't have any problems. Should you decide to rent a bike, make sure to follow all the posted signs and pay attention to your surroundings.
In summary, I was very happy with my stay, and I would stay here again if my budget is the same. Hope this helps!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We only had an opportunity to stay overnight at this hotel, but the location, room, and staff were excellent. It was rainy during our stay and the hotel had plenty of umbrellas available for us to use while we walked around the sites nearby. We would definitely return to this hotel when we come back to Verona.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple