US$353
US$356
US$211
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$292/night.

Hotel San Luca(Verona)
US$238
US$226
US$269
US$206
US$268
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$453/night.

US$232
US$343
US$292
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscakescandlelit courtyardwalked everywhereexcellent englishfresh fruitwonderful citywonderful hospitalityour room was spaciousmemorable staystayed here for three nightsperfect place to staycentral locationhostheartjacuzzicheesecentre
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Wow! This place is just lovely! My room was massive!!!! I had one room with a huge bed, then it opens to another room with a single bed and then the bathroom. I had so much space. Air con, which was great as it was quite hot.
Elisabetta was a lovely welcoming host, serving breakfast in the morning, lots of things to chose from and you could sit outside in the courtyard, I really enjoyed that, it felt like I was living in Italy.

I loved how pretty the rooms were, the decorations and vibe was really elegant and soft, it was so peaceful to stay here.

Lots of big doors and gates to get in, but all easy to unlock, I felt very safe.
Even though my room door opened out to the foyer I didn't hear any noise.
Free wifi too! Got to love that.

The only down side was trying to get here from the station, the buses were a bit confusing but I probably should've researched that a bit more before I got there. I had a bit of a walk through the main street of shops that was hectic with a suitcase but it was worth it to be greeted by Elisabetta and a lovely B&B. Once you get your bearings though it is only a short walk to most sights.

I'd definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I found this B&B on Tripadvisor and it turned out to be every bit as good I hoped it would be. I should mention that I am a hotel concierge and a member of Les Clefs d"Or, the international association of the world's best concierges, so that means a highly critical and discerning eye to places that I stay in when I travel. Having said that, this place impressed me immensely. Let me explain why:

Location: At first, it didn't seem like this was in a good location. But after a day there, I realized it was actually in a phenomenal location, only three blocks from Piazza del Erbe, the main square in Verona and the center of the "action." I disagree that the Arena is the center of the action---Piazza del Erbe was much more happening at night. You are actually buried deep in the heart of old Verona when you stay here, just around the corner from the Duomo. All of the prettiest streets of old Verona are literally right outside the door of this B&B. If you are most interested in discovering why this is such a great city, this location will put you right smack dab in the middle of it.

Service: Elisabetta, the owner, is fabulous! We were past due when we arrived having missed our one of our trains and she couldn't have been more welcoming to two weary travelers. In advance of our trip, I asked Elisabetta to recommend a tour guide to show us around Verona. Initially, she just referred us to the Visitor Center to help find us a guide, a major no-no. As a concierge, I never do that, because you'll get ......whatever. But, to her credit, she later asked if I 'd found a guide in one of her e-mails. I told her I wanted a more personal recommendation, someone she knew for sure would do a great job. So she went work and found us an absolutely outstanding tour guide named Marina Menegoi, who is also recommended by Rick Steves in his book on Italy. We did two private three hour tours with Marina, and her tours were the KEY to having us appreciate Verona in a way that most visitors to Verona never experience. But here's the key point here: after having initially referred me to the Visitor Center, Marina could have left it there. But when she later asked me how the search was going for a guide, she demonstrated that she had the key quality that you must have to be successful in this business---she showed that she really cared about her guests. You can't teach someone to have this quality--either you have it or you don't. Elisabetta has it.

Elisabetta also recommended some great restaurants and made the reservations for us. I would only have one suggestion to improve the level of service she gives to her guests. One day, we got back at around 3:00 and Elisabetta was not around. She lives a few feet from the B&B and did not answer. Later, she still wasn't around in the evening and we really needed her help. My suggestion: set up a time every day, like maybe from 5:00 to 6:00 P.M. where she would be available to answer questions in the B&B. If she had e-mails to work on, just bring her laptop over to the B&B during that hour so that she would be available to help guests with their evening plans. She is not required to do that, but it would still be a nice touch, an extra level of service to male this place perfect.

Rooms: Very large, with lots of space and beautiful, very chic boutique bathrooms. This place was also extremely quiet because it is so tucked away from the crowds.

Verona: Verona really surprised me. I've been to Rome, Venice, Florence, Paris, Barcelona, and all over Tuscany, and to my great surprise Verona was the most beautiful city I've ever seen. Every street was like a postcard, every alley I wanted to photograph. Apparently most visitors visit Verona only on a day trip and just the Arena and Romeo and Juliet---a huge mistake. The key, I think, is staying overnight and spending a few nights buried deep in old Verona in a B&B like this so that you have the time to really appreciate Verona. One day, I went for a walk around Verona early as the city was waking up. After an hour, I went back to the B&B, sat down at breakfast and cried. Why? Because I never thought I would ever find a city more beautiful than Venice---until I saw Verona.

The secret was staying at Corte delle Pigne. The combination of Eilsabetta'a hospitality and the incredible location left me overwhelmed. When I said goodbye on my last day to Elisabetta as I left and gave a her a hug, I choked up. That's when I know that I
picked the right place to stay. Thanks, Elisabetta. Because I may be back in Charleston, but my heart will always belong to Verona.......

Kevin McQuade
Chief Concierge
Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District
Charleston, South Carolina
USA

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank USAconcierge
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Just came back from a long weekend in Verona, where I stayed with my boyfriend at Corte delle Pigne in Camera Corvina.
I had done my research and read hundreds of reviews before I chose this B&B but I did not expect the place to be THIS lovely! Elegant, beautiful, tranquil, made my rather rainy weekend! I'd quite happily move in :)
Thank you, Elisabetta, it was a real pleasure.
P.S. Can't believe someone below complained about havig a private jacuzzi!

Room Tip: Camera Corvina is perfect for a romantic weekend and comes with a massive bath. Oh yeah!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank megda87
Reviewed 4 November 2011

The B&B is so discreet that it's almost impossible to locate - but once you're let into the old palazzo you appreciate the separation from the bustle of the streets outside. The place is small (only a few rooms) but newly and expensively decorated, in an upmarket magazine style that may not be to everyone's taste (I found it oppressively 'luxurious' and would happily have traded the Hollywood jacuzzi for a simple shower). Somewhat cramped in the reception / breakfast area, but overall it's a tranquil and comfortable place for an overnight stay, with an exclusive and indulgent feel. Excellent value price-wise.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank trainsifpossible
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I stayed here for three nights in October. Elizabetta is a welcoming and helpful host and her attention to detail is excellent. I loved my room which was as clean as a new pin. Breakfast was lovely, always fresh and beautifully presented. Verona is a gorgeous city, small enough to see in a few days, I loved just wandering around, stopping now and again to sample the cakes and ice cream, I also had some of the best pasta ever!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends