“Superb”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Verona
B&B Corte delle Pigne
Ranked #7 of 420 Verona B&B and Inns
“Superb”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We honeymooned at this amazing B&B in December, just before Christmas. Elisabetta put us in the Jacuzzi room, which was beyond compare, and the place was cleaned with great detail every day. We were away for a birthday, and were greeted one morning with a cake and candle. Elisabetta would make dinner bookings for us, suggest places to visit (that were really worthwhile) and was always ready to help and increase her level of English (which is brilliant already).
I can't fault this place; the price in low season, the amazing hospitality and the wonderful room we stayed in all culminated in a wonderfully decadent stay.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room; huge and well appointed.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Location is perfect- you are in the heart of Verona...that is a HUGE plus.
Just dont come with a car- the owner overpromises her ability to ensure parking (with a parking pass) and then explains its Saturday so surely later you'll find a spot. After many hours of driving I felt like I'd been lied to. I spent at least an hour winding through the lovely streets of Verona on Saturday night trying not to scratch my car's sides or ruining my tires....praying for a place to park my car.
The establishment itself is charming, back of an old Veronese home. Extremely tastefully decorated and a very nice selection of amenities in the bathroom.
The pillows were pretty cheap but the mattress was quality.
I found the ventilation to be a bit lacking and the charming old feel of the building means you hear the people above you walking around...creaking floors- again....no problem for my heavy sleeping girlfriend- no good for me- 7am on Sunday kinda sucks to hear creaking floors above you.

Breakfast was charming but again....a bit lacking....acceptable OJ, great espresso...pretty torte (but it tasted industrial) and the killer- NO BREAD!! Just a couple of mini pastries that didnt taste great and for the jam and honey you're using rice crackers!! Not acceptable in my book....not for 95euros.

We go to France alot for weekends....bread and nice pastries is not what we consider a luxury.
So between the aggravation of parking, the ventilation & noise that was so-so and totally lacking breakfast- even if this B&B has some significant points in it's favor, I'd try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank LeDude13
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I picked this B&B based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor and I can unconditionally say that Corte delle Pigne is as good as, if not better than the reviews. We stayed there for 2 nights just before Christmas and wished that we had stayed for an extra few nights. We stayed in some great places in Italy but this was certainly one of the best!

Our room was absolutely beautiful, quiet, the breakfast table amazing (you can have your cake and eat it too!) and Elisabetta such a great source of local information. It is close to everything but without being in the middle of noisy streets.

I haven't stayed in too many B&B's but Corte delle Pigne has certainly changed my opinion.
Elisabetta you've created an amazing retreat and hopefully we'll be back soon.

1 Thank Minnamurra2533
London
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed only one night in this three-roomed B&B and we loved it!
its central, very close to the lovely Piazza delle Erbe and other sites. The B&B is on the ground floor of a palazzo and has a small courtyard which looks very sweet. The rooms are large and the one we had came with a large Jacuzzi which was a real treat. The bed was comfy the decor modern but homely and the host takes care of every little detail. Breakfast is served by herself and is laid beautifully on the small table (alternatively you can have in in a tray and take it to your room). The host also offered us great advice on eating in Verona: we really recommend il Pompiere!
Do stay here!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LondonLovebirds
sydney
Reviewed 12 January 2012

From the moment we made our booking, we knew that this would be a great experience. The beautiful owner, Elisabetta, made us feel welcome and comfortable.
She addressed our concerns about car parking and space for luggage ( quite a few bags for a family of 4 traveling from Australia for 5 weeks).
There are 3 rooms in total and we felt like we had a personal butler at times because we were the only ones there for our first night. Our quad room was spacious and comfortable and beautifully decorated.
The bathroom had those lovely touches that we haven't seen in our travels so far.
Breakfast was a sight for sore eyes. Beautifully laid out on the breakfast bar using cutlery and plates fit for a queen!
Sleeping at night was a joy after staying in some vey noisy places over the past few weeks. No annoying mopeds and motorbikes and no late night people carrying on as they walk by.
It was a little tricky to find but well worth the effort.
Corte is an easy walk to good restaurants and the Piazza's. Taxi's are only a phone call away.
Leaving Elisabetta and her beautiful B & B was like leaving my best friend.
We were spoilt and now it is hard to fill the shoes left by our wonderful experiences in Verona.

Kind regards

Emilia and the gang

Sent from my iPad

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank luvagirl69
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We had an excellent stay at B&B Corte delle Pigne, and would recommend staying here if you’re in Verona. Our room was spacious, modern and well decorated, with windows overlooking a nice little courtyard. The B&B is a short walk away from to most of the major attractions in Verona. It costs about 10 euro to get to the B&B by taxi from the train station.

Our host Elizabetta was very welcoming, and gave us tips on attractions, recommended a nice restaurant (Ugos) and organized a taxi for us. She prepared a great breakfast for us on the morning we left that included fresh pastries, bread, cereals, yoghurt, juice and coffee.

1 Thank Mitch231
Urk
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Last week I was in Verona for a short business visit and spend a night in this amazing B&B. The rooms are elegant and clean. The shower is warm and good and makes you forget even the longest flight.
The owner of this B&B, Elisabetta, is everything you look for in a host: friendly and helpful. She knows all the nice places in Verona like tiny restaurants where you will get the feeling you just entered on the set of an italian scene.
The location of Corte delle Pigne is fantastic: right in the center of this amazing city. All the places you want to visit like the roman square Piazze delle Erbe, the Arena etc. can be reached with a walk of 5 minutes.

This is the first B&B I visited for business, where I also want to bring my wife to.
I can recomend it to everybody looking for a special place.

Recently Madonna and Leonardo di Caprio both bought an apartment in the center of this amazing city Verona. They would have done better by hiring a room in Corte delle Pigne!

Lub