“Not worth the money”
Review of Hotel Leopardi

Hotel Leopardi
Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in March, specifically choosing this hotel for the spa facilities. You can imagine then how annoyed we were on arriving to find that there is a 20 euro charge per person to use the spa and you only get 90 minutes. Now the spa itself is lovely, a great facility to have,especially if you get the time there on your own and the lady working there was really helpful and friendly, but we were under the impression that this would be included in the price we had paid, which was already excessive considering the location and condition of the rooms.
Parking is free, breakfast is only ok, you have to pay for Wifi which is annoying and the gym is fine, but overall, it was disappointing for the money and is closer to 3 star.
I probably would have been happier if spa time was unlimited and complimentary for hotel guests, like practically every other hotel I've stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 October 2011

We were booked to go to the opera in Verona on 2nd September and wanted a hotel away from the town centre but not so far as to be time consuming and expensive each journey in and out.
The Leopardi footed the bill nicely with the added attraction that they offered an excellent return service into town on opera nights with a very convenient lapse of time after the opera to enable us to have a drink in the lovely town centre.

The hotel itself is spotlessly clean throughout, our room was extremely comfortable and the staff were helpfulness personified-nothing was too much trouble.

The opera and the hotel combined to make our first visit to Verona a memorable one and we would certainly use the Leopardi again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ken W
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I booked a special package that included 2x 90 minute entry into the SPA as it was part of a birthday weekend to Verona that included taking in the opera at the Arena. Of course this was an extra cost. I booked via booking.com and it was non-refundable offer (no problem with this, it's quite normal if you want to get a good deal).

However a couple of days after booking I received an email from the hotel where it outlined that the SPA was closed on a Sunday. Unfortunately we wouldn't get to the hotel until late on Saturday afternoon and we'd have to get ready for the opera upon arrival. Therefore the SPA special wasn't of any use, but the hotel wouldn't refund this extra that we'd paid for.

In my view it's a bit of a con that when you make your booking you don't know that the SPA is closed on a Sunday but they take your money. They then inform you it's closed but because you booked it as a non-refundable deal they won't refund you or change the booking!!

So this really spoilt the trip as we were expecting to take in the opera on the Saturday evening and then take advantage of the SPA on the Sunday for a little pampering.

The rooms were very average, broken curtains and ripped blinds didn't make it feel very nice at all. The rooms were clean. Hotel service is average but overall attitude is terrible. Yes my view is tainted due to the above.

One good point is the free shuttle to the Opera which is regular and pretty fast. Just as well though as you are a fair bit away from the city centre.

Therefore, stay away from this offer or hotel. How they dealt with me before and during checking in is an indication to how good a hotel is. This lot fail to meet or exceed expectations even before you get there. Never again!!

Room Tip: the best way to get a good room is to choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The hotel is located about 20 minutes walking distance to the tourist area. The hotel sells bus tickets on the local transit which is easily accessible to downtown with the exception of Sundays when there is limited service. We stopped in Verona to attend three operas and the hotel has a great shuttle service on opera nights in and out of Verona. They also provided refreshments to their guests in the lobby which were very much appreciated especially during the hot summer days. Air conditioning worked great, the breakfast was super and our room was clean and comfortable. Hotel staff were excellent and very helpful. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Very quiet and safe area of town so walking is not a problem.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The room wasn't not ready when it was supposed to be but once it was ready i went in right away and got unpacked. First thing I noticed even with the ac on coldest and high fan the room couldn't cool down. Second thing I noticed there was only one power outlet and it was awkwardly placed behind the tv. The hotel is very euro with no shower curtain and weird showering all together. Also very euro was Tge "king" bed witch was just two singles pushed together but that's the same almost everywhere over here. What I didn't really care for was due to the warmth I removed the comforter and saw blood on the sheet. I can't believe anyone would make a bed so well and miss something like that. Also the mattress is very hard and springy and room service is closed on Monday ( as is everything in Italy from what I hear) Over all the hotel is nice but makes you really miss a nice western style room.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Only one night stayed here so not a lot to judge but I found little to complain about. The Hotel isn't close to the centre, but it's a pretty nice and simple walk. Decent enough, ok breakfast. Just one annoyance - the idea that I need someone to take my bags to my room for me. I don't. So give me the option or don't do it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Mattsay
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights whilst visiting the opera festival in Verona. The room was excellent, and very large for one person, and the buffet breakfast was fine. The only other hotel facilities I used were:
* the opera shuttle bus to and from the Piazza Bra, which is essential; without this facility I would not have stayed at the hotel as it is not located in an ideal location, being a 25-30 minute walk from Verona centre. This walk was awkward, due to road works, and could be extremely hot;
* the help given by the reception staff. Unusually for a large hotel, they were extremely helpful and knowledgeable; for example they explained the local bus routes and gave me the bus schedule for my trip to Lake Garda.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends