“Great stay at Palazzo Gelmi, Verona”

Palazzo Gelmi B & B
Ranked #115 of 432 Verona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I echo all the other kind things said about our hostess, Lodovica. She made our stay (5 family members) wonderful, and even bought two Sprite's for my daughter when she was feeling poorly. This, after she offered to walk with me to the Pharmacy!
Our rooms were neat, clean, and very authentic. I loved having the balcony where you could see the Roman arena just down the street.
Sure there is some street noise, but it was fun street noise. And the air conditioning worked wonderfully. I highly recommend it, and am happy to answer other travelers questions!

Since there were 5 of us, we paid 15 euro for a taxi to the train, otherwise its a 15-20 minute walk away. You will love Verona!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AndyMindy

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We arrived very early on the first day, and our room was already waiting for us on arrival, which was great. Lodovica was very helpful and friendly giving us advice on what to see and where to go, with maps and guide books to help us navigate Verona. The room was very big and airy, with a very art deco feel. It had its own little balcony with views towards the arena. Breakfast was very good, and all for a brilliant price. A little noisy as a pop concert on at the arena for one of our nights stay, but so tired from the days exploring still slept like babies.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

From the moment I booked this B&B, right through to the time I departed, there's not a single bad thing I can say. Lodovica is the most helpful hostess you could hope for and even saved me the hassle of getting a ticket for the Opera by having it in my room on arrival.

The B&B is in a lovely area just a few metres from the Arena, yet is still very quiet in the evening. The room I stayed in was spacious, nicely decorated, had a large double bed and a modern en-suite. Lodovica provided me with the WiFi passwords, and also gave some great tips and what was going on in the beautiful city of Verona at the time.

The continental breakfast was good and the cosy lounge area had it's own coffee making facilities which you are free to use at anytime.

Overall, a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four nights at beginning of September. Its location is ideal being merely a stone's throw from the arena. We had a lovely spacious room with quite a large bed and a remote operated and silent air conditioning system. The bathroom was quite large and modern having everything one would ever need. We had our own fridge. We also had a view of the arena from our small balcony.

The continental breakfast had everything one could expect. Coffee making facilities were also available in an adjoining room during the day

A number of complimentary adjectives have been used by other reviewers to describe Ludovica, our hostess and owner and I agree they are all well deserved and she was most helpful with regard to restaurants and places to visit etc. A truly wonderful, genuine and sincere lady who wants you to fully enjoy your visit to her city and home.

Would definitely recommend this B&B to friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norman78
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a beautiful and charming B&B which is very well situated, close to the Arena and the city centre. It has period charm with all the mod cons - the bathrooms are especially impressive and there is even air conditioning which is a definite bonus during the Italian summer. Lodovica was gracious and helpful with her suggestions and restaurant bookings - and when I lost my mobile phone, went out of her way to help me find it and return it to me. Thank you so much, Lodovica! We will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank greattravels2
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were staying the 3rd time at Palazzo Gelmi, there are a few small things which made them even better. The beautiful rooms and the warm and charming hospitality is the same, the homemade pastries seem to be better...

Near the B&B just recently opened a wine shop - good wines for fair prices - and as i have learned from tripadvisor - one of the best Restaurants on tripadvisor (La Griglia) is in the same street. Perfect!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Franz S
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I stayed at Lodovica's beautiful B&B in Verona and was delighted by her warm hospitality and charming home! The room was gorgeous, and had a view of the Arena! It was definately fit for a Princesss and that is exactly how I felt during my entire stay there! The bathroom was huge and new and there was remote air conditioning which is so wonderful in Italy in the middle of summer! aka 35 degrees and HOT!
She had got me tickets for the opera, which was a dream come true and a must see if you come to this lovely city! She was so kind and even had a program and a seat cushion for me to use (the area is all stone!) She even had suggested itineraries for me for my next stay in Milan.
Thank you Lodovica! You are truly a lovely hostess and now have become a friend! Grazie Mille!
I shall return - hopefully with my Romeo! :) ♥