“Wonderful hostess and great location”

Agriturismo Altobello
Ranked #8 of 164 Speciality Lodging in Verona
Montreal, Canada
“Wonderful hostess and great location”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

we stayed at altobello for 2 nights and enjoyed our stay. Monica is a wonderful host and gave us great tips for sightseeing in the area. She made us feel right at home during our stay and chatted with us during the fantastic home prepared breakfasts. The B&B is well located to visit Verona, Valpolicella wine region and lago di Garda. Great getaway in the beautiful mountans and would definitley return for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Monica A, Proprietario at Agriturismo Altobello, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Silvie , thank you for writing such beautiful words about Altobello Farms and me . For me it is always a great joy to meet and chat with foreigners of Italian descent like you. Verona and Canada are far away but now I'm a little ' closer. You are nice people . The gourmet kitchen , the Good Valpolicella wine and the beautiful views of Hill are always here for you when you want to return .
see you soon,
best regards
Monica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We (3 kids including a 4-month old) stayed there for 4 nights... Monica, the host, was excellent. Very nice person with a lot of traveling advices for us. Family room was in decent size. Breakfast was great... and we could enjoy the lovely sunrise view right at the front door... Overall experience was great.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank zayababy
Monica A, Proprietario at Agriturismo Altobello, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear family, thanks for your kind words about me and opinions on Agriturismo Altobello. You were good to visit Verona and its territory so beautiful and different between city, lake, mountain and the area of ​​the Valpolicella wine. I warmly greet you. Farmhouse Altobello and I will wait with open arms for new emotions, new itineraries and good memories.
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Agriturismo Altobello provided me with my first night's stay in Italy and the owner, Monica, gave me the warmest welcome I received on my trip through Europe. She was waiting for me outside the building as I drove up and was full of valuable advice about the area and Italy in general. She was always available without ever being intrusive. The room was very large and clean with a beautiful view of the surrounding hillside vineyards. Thank you, Monica, for a wonderful stay. I'll never forget it and I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Monica A, Proprietario at Agriturismo Altobello, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear friend host, read your words moved me, thank you very much.
I am very happy that your trip has started here in Farmhouse and Verona.
How have you seen the Verona area is the old town, Lake Garda, cool hill full of Nature.
You made a beautiful picture from your room! thanks
The door of Agriturismo Altobello for you and your friends is always open.
I hope to see you soon maybe for a beautiful Opera in Arena or a horseback ride in our woods. greeting a big, big
Have a nice summer!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here a few days during our trip through Italy. Altobello was our favorite hotel experience out of our entire trip! Monica was so wonderful! she gave us information about Verona, even referred us to some of the local experiences. We loved her and her place. Rooms were clean, location was beautiful, and Monica served the best breakfast we had during our visit in Italy. My husband and I loved watching the sun rise while sitting on the balcony drinking a cup of coffee! If we ever go back we will plan a few days at Altobello.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Monica A, Proprietario at Agriturismo Altobello, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Dear, Hello,
thank you for your beautiful words. I was also very comfortable with you and will remember with great joy.
You took some great photos! Thank you! These days the weather is very hot and the Altwobello Forest is a very good idea to spend some cool and relaxing in nature. The terrace where you drank the coffee, now you can eat in the evening and watch a lot of stars in the sky.
I send you a big, big hug from Verona!
Have a nice summer!
thanks for your visit in Farmhouse Altobello,
Huizen, Holland
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed a week at the Agriturismo Altobello. Monica and her mother Marisa gave us the warmest welcome we have had at any place we have yet stayed. It are not only the well kept homely, clean and pleasant accommodations, the fine typical Italian food and the fantastic location overlooking a warm green valley, but it is also the warm personal attention. During our stay we walked regularly to Quinzano, 3km from the B&B. Whether over and through the hills or over the road, the panorama is breathtaking. Even the drive down the track from Vito's Horse Stables to the Agriturismo is something we have never encountered before. And if you think that it is only Monica an her mother who are friendly, meet the children and Vito and his family; they are just as friendly and helpful. When we were in town and told people we were staying at the Agriturismo Altobello they all had the same reply........."no better place for miles, we go there for the food". We enjoyed our stay very much and will definitely return to this location when we come to Italy again.

Room Tip: Ask Monica, she will give you always the best room available.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Monica A, Proprietario at Agriturismo Altobello, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Alfred and Anna,
I am so glad that you have been good here in Agriturismo Altobello.
I really like my job and I say many thanks for the nice words.
thanks!
Best regards
Hillcrest, South Africa
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed at Agriturismo Altobello in the countryside and hills above Verona for only two nights, and yet we felt like long standing family friends. Monica's welcome was warm and friendly, her mother's home cooking was delicious, and the accommodation was extremely comfortable and homely, with all the facilities one could wish for.
We have no hesitation in recommending Agriturismo Altobello as a first class place to stay.
Ray and Carol from Hillcrest, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Proprietario at Agriturismo Altobello, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Dear Ray and Carol,
Thank you so much for the nice words that you wrote for me and my family.
I am very happy to have put in your suitcase for  the return trip a very special gift: the most beautiful memories you never forget.
best regards
good summer!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Italy is full of romantic places, but some will remain in your heart. This B & B is surrounded by nature, a heaven for eyes and soul. Medieval Verona is just a few minutes: Lovely! We were greeted with smiles usually reserved for friends. The room was so clean and very romantic. We slept very well. Homemade breakfast: delicious Italian taste. Recommended

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple