“Hair in terrible mushy pizza”
Review of Osteria Alla Torre

Osteria Alla Torre
Ranked #1,005 of 1,242 Restaurants in Verona
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Went for evening meal with my family of five. Knew it would be expensive but didn't realise that the quality of food would be terrible. My 3 kids said it was the worst pizza they had ever tasted and that tescos was better. That was until the hair was found on it. No apology but tried to give us a free pizza. Nothing off the bill either. 2 pizzas. Beer. Water for all. Tortellini (7 pieces) and mussels for €75. Ripofff

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I had been going to this resturant for over26 years.During the Marble Exhibit.
We had been going since the owners father owned it.
The food was excellent and the owner William Rossi is a character.Always aiming to please.
We have always felt very comfortable there.
Fair prices and a good meal.
The Wistons

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Pleasant and friendly service with good efficiency. The food itself is everything you can expect from a cafe that sells simple dishes. Everything tasted nice and prices were reasonable. We had 3 dishes shared between 2 of us+ two alcoholic drinks & coffee for a total of £45. The place also seems to go down particularly well with kids. Don't expect Michelin star refinement but if you want a nice simple meal, this is a good place for it.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I ordered a simple and relatively cheap meal but when I went to pay the bill the owner and waiter claimed they had substituted a more elaborate pasta dish that was considerably more expensive. They tried to put it down to a misunderstanding, but there was no misunderstanding; they were simply lying. When I complained they were extremely rude and abusive. I eventually paid for what I had originally ordered and walked away. The owner followed me down the street and yelled abuses at me (over a price difference of about 5 Euros since, in the end, I had paid more than what he was owed). Eventually I went into a cafe to escape him and he stood outside glaring at me for about 20 minutes. I notice that other reviewers have had similar experiences. Avoid this restaurant at all costs since the staff are extremely rude and there are many restaurants to choose from in this area.

2  Thank Onodi
Reviewed 16 December 2011

There are so many restaurants lined up in Piazza Erbe that it is hard to decide on one. The owner sold us the place and we were so glad that he did. He's quite a character and is his own host, encouraging passersby to select his locale. He offered suggestions from the menu and he gave us a unique and delicious dining experience. As tasty as the food was, the owner steals the show. He and his staff create a family-style atmosphere and we enjoyed them as much as the food.