“Pricey but worth it!”
Review of Palazzo Victoria

Palazzo Victoria
Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Verona
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed two nights - the Palazzo Victoria is very centrally located in the heart of the old city. We walked everywhere from the hotel including the 10 min walk to the opera in the Arena di verona.The rooms are stylish and match the surrounding of the city. They have ample space and are filled with books and pictures from the history of this interesting city. The service at this hotel was excellent as the manager even provided us a map of where to visit in the city from her personal favourites. The hotel public spaces such as the bar and the foyer are stunning with a style all of their own.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
SalviatinoCollection, Direttore at Palazzo Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Visitor,
I am truly delighted to know that all the information that we gave you in order to discover and visit our beautiful city have helped you in the best way.
Thank you for this comment and for your kind words: our goal is to put ourselves at the service of our customers.
Hoping to host you once again in the city of love,

There are newer reviews for Palazzo Victoria

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here 3 nights, finding the hotel was very easy. It’s at the far end, away from the hassle and bassle of tourists, restaurants and all, right around the corner at Piazza Victoria which is beautiful and quiet.
We were welcomed with a glass of fresh cold juice as our bags were taken to our room. We got a room on the first floor; our room had two narrow long doors facing the square which was lovely. Beautiful room, big enough, bathroom was just right; there was turn down service as well in the evenings, just lovely. The bed was so comfy, i loved the beds!
However… there were renovations or ongoing construction on within the building that ruined our morning snooze. Approx between 7.30, 8.00 am and 9.30 am, we heard drilling and hammering sounds next door like they were coming from right out the hall…ya, i know someone might say but you are supposed to be up by that time…No, not us, we like our quiet mornings when we are on vacation, just to sleep in, take it easy in peace and quiet before we eat breakfast! Hmm
So we called the front desk and they said that it was not the hotel doing the construction work, rather the shops next door. They were very helpful and asked if we would like to move to another room on the other side of the hotel building. So we moved to a suit, the bedroom was smaller than our previous room but it served the purpose just fine and then we had some fairly good morning sleep…
Breakfast was good, simple in some way but not too basic. They served whatever kinds of eggs however you liked them on request, the service was great, these guys know how to do their jobs and go an extra mile.
The service at the check in and check out was smooth, everyone was friendly and we left happy satisfied quests.
So I definitely recommend this hotel without a doubt.

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms facing the square because the one we had felt specious and i loved it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stelfe2
SalviatinoCollection, Direttore at Palazzo Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your review.
It's a pleasure reading that the room that we reserved for you was to your liking: every single room of our hotel is different, the one from the other to underline this unique value.
On the other hands, I'm sincere sorry for the renovation works that took place during your stay: unfortunately we have to proceed in some case as we're based in the city center and this is the only way to always be able to offer the best service to our guest. The only thing we can do is to be sure that the working timetable will be observed.
Despite of this drawback I really hope to be considered your second choice in Verona, once again, to be able to service you at the best of our possibility very soon.
My best regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night while traveling. The suite was gorgeous and the staff were very helpful explaining where all the good tourist sites were. We would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to see verona. It was very easy to get a taxi from the train station and staff spoke English very well.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Muddy_Brett

Dear Guest,
Thanks for leaving us you kind comment.
I'm delighted to know that our location, in the heart of the city center, gave you the opportunity to walk around easily.
In addition we try to offer the best service possible to make unforgettable your experience in the city of love.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Central location could not be better. Check-in was swift and friendly. Lovely room on the third floor came with a large terrace and huge bathroom. Housekeeping was first rate and I appreciated the mineral water placed in the room each evening. Breakfast was spectacular employing the very best ingredients with friendly and efficient service. Easily my first choice of hotel in Verona.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
What a pleasure read that we're considered by you the first choice in Verona.
I'm also very glad to assume that so many little (but fundamental) details were to your liking during your stay.
We always try not to miss the value of being focused on everything in terms of accommodation.
Thanks for leaving us your kind review,
My best regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is a lovely hotel. We enjoyed the room and bathroom but do not recommend a room on the street. There were two gatherings of students at night during our four-night stay that went well into the early hours.

We found the breakfast room staff to be very friendly and engaging, and the breakfast great, but not the staff elsewhere in the hotel.

The bar flummoxed us. Staff was close to negligent and, for some reason, unable to provide food or snacks in the evenings....and incredibly slow. Simply ungracious to the guests.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marilyn H
SalviatinoCollection, General Manager at Palazzo Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you to leave us your precious comment.
I'm really sorry that you found our restaurant service not up to your expectations. We always try to serve our client in the best way possible. We will take into consideration your review in order to improve our ability, hoping to be able to host you once again and wipe out the detail of your stay that didn't delighted you.
I extend my kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Great service, well located, large rooms. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of variety and really great coffee. only concern was the sewerage smell in the bathroom but we also found this problem in Venice so perhaps its just the old city sewer system!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DanuP2000

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for leaving us your precious comment.
I'm glad to assume that your stay at Palazzo Victoria has been comfortable and nice.
I sincerely apologize for the drawback happened: we'll take it into consideration in order to improve.
I extend my best regards, hoping to be able to accommodate you in the best possible way another time.
Greetings,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Our second visit to the Palazzo in 2013 was even better than the first. We stayed five nights that included the new year's eve party. There are really only two places on this planet where I can switch off - one in Le Mans and the other the Palazzo. We've found a room that we always try to stay in. It is spacious and value for money in comparison to other luxury branded hotels. There is an air of tranquility where ever you go, even with kids knocking about. This is quickly dispelled as you leave and land straight into one of Verona's popular high streets. However, what we like the best is the quality of attention the staff gave to us. We felt like we were at home. Nothing was ever too much trouble and they even invented a cocktail for me! The food is something else too and modestly priced with an extensive wine list. The whole set up is really professional and that's what I like. The Palazzo have not rested their laurels on an impressive cascade of architectural delights to wow and subdue the crowd, but have developed a fine team that really do make a difference. It will make your stay extra special - like it did for us. We'll be back again and again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bazilla_40
SalviatinoCollection, Direttore at Palazzo Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for this kind review.
I'm deeply happy to come to know how nice your stay at Palazzo Victoria has been.
Being at your service, as for any other guest, is our purpose and your comment is for sure an authentic incentive to never stop offer the best service possible.
Waiting for you to come back very soon,