Gardenia
Mazzanti(Verona)
US$190
US$152
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Leon D'Oro(Verona)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$97
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to the hotelbig parkingunderground free parkingcity centrenice hotelbuy ticketswifi worksbreakfast buffet was very goodbed roombusy roadwould definitely stay here againon footreceptionsupermarketdeskinternettoiletries
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We came to Verona with friends, booked two rooms here. We could not have been happier with our choice! Rooms were clean and good enough size, our baby slept in our bed but friends had their pack n play, it fit fine. Staff was extremely friendly. I wish I could remember the lady at the front desks name, but she was amazing! Breakfast was simple, yet delicious. They have a parking garage underneath and are about a 3 minute walk to the bus stop. They sold bus tickets right at the front desk, which was great! Quick bus ride into the city, easy with 3 babies! They were. Ven nice enough to put our 3 cases of wine we bought our first day so it didn't go bad in the hot car while we explored more of the city after we checked out. Would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Gardenia-Verona, Direttore at Gardenia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay on Trip Advisor, we have been very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay by us.

Especially we appreciate that, despite our hotel is not located in the city centre, you have lived the distance not as a problem, and you have found the links efficient.

Furthermore your positive review about our breakfast and the friendliness of our staff is a feedback we care much because it means that we have achieved our goal.

Hoping to welcome you once more as guest to our hotel, we remain with our best regards.

The Management and the Staff

HOTEL GARDENIA

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We (2 Australian couples from Perth) stayed one night on our way driving from Venice to Bellagio (Lake Como) and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel facilities. The hotel is located only a short taxi ride from the main city of Verona which we found to be lovely place to walk around. The rooms were good and breakfast was of a high standard. The bonus for us at the time was arriving just as the peloton for the Tour De Italia came pass and we got to cheer Cadel Evans !!! A nice affordable hotel whose staff were very friendly and helped us with our understanding of Italian Road Toll system and introduced us to the Michelin website which plots routes and options including toll and fuel costs as we got an unpleasant surprise at our first toll of 59 euros.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sirs,

We thank you for the positive review you have published on tripadvisor, we are very glad to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast, especially because we put all our efforts to make it varied and rich also with home-made pastry.

About the staff in three stars hotel, the required standard is speaking more than just English , but it is a matter of fact that we appreciate this skill in our staff, and even more it is important for us that it welcomes always our guests with friendliness and professionalism.

So accordingly with your good impression, we hope that you would like to be our guests once more in the next future, and in the meantime we remain with our best regards .

The Management and the Staff

HOTEL GARDENIA

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Rooms are big enough. Breakfast is with cheese, ham, eggs and sweet things. Coffee is from vending machine but is very nice. There are also some fruits. Stuff is helpful and speaks in several languages.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Damian G
Gardenia-Verona, Direttore at Gardenia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all we thank you to have published your review on Trip Advisor.

We are so glad to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast, especially the coffee of the vending machine, is the first year that we try this machine and get even just a fairly good feedback, is for us very important.

We are also very happy to know that you found our staff helpful, the property has invested a lot on this point.

Hoping to welcome you to our hotel once more in the future we remain with our warmest regards.

The staff
Hotel Gardenia - Verona

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel as a stopover on our way to Venice. The location was perfect for what we needed, which was easy access to the highway for quickly getting into and out of the town. It is easy to get to the downtown tourist area by taking a bus, and the staff was very helpful and provided us with information on getting there. The breakfast was pretty good, a typical European selection of food and the rooms were clean and fairly good sized (again, by European standards). Parking is free and convenient which for was a major plus!! It might not be the best choice if you are staying a couple of days and want to be closer to the sights, but otherwise, a good location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cathy P
Gardenia-Verona, Direttore at Gardenia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing the details of your stay on Trip Advisor.
We are pleased to hear that you found our location a convenience during your stay and the staff helpful.
We would also like to thank you for your compliments of our hotel. We are so glad to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast and appreciated your bedroom, this is a feedback we care much about because it means that we have achieved our goal.
We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future.
Warmest regards

The staff
Hotel Gardenia - Verona

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This hotel is undergoing renovations. The reception staff were extremely helpful about bus information, giving me change, walking tips, etc. I really enjoyed them and most of them are family. (related) I believe. Breakfast was wonderful, although it was New Year's Day and I was the only one there. I wasn't too hungry but enjoyed what I took.
The location is 4 miles outside of town and as a walker, it was not ideal, but I made the best of it and walked both ways into town. The reason I am only giving this hotel 3 out of 5 stars is, my room was so basic and minimal, compared to the other more modern hotel in Verona where I stayed, and the nice hotel in Mestre/Venice. When I unlocked my door and saw the cramped room with a tiny twin bed, I felt like I was a university student somewhere back in 1963. There was scaffolding outside my window which blocked any view, and the furnishings looked quite dated. I burned my thumb on the tiny lamp next to the bed b/c the bulb was so hot when I went to adjust it. The bathroom was okay, but dated. I guess b/c the other 2 previous hotels were quite spacious, with a queen bed, and wonderful ambiance (I had a balcony at one hotel, with twinkling lights on it!) I was disappointed. Also, b/c it was N. Years Eve, some of the guests were noisy in the halls (not the hotel's fault).

The reception staff were a "6" out of "5" as they treated me like family. If I had been able to enjoy a bigger room, I think I would have felt more relaxed and happy. I know that the staff of the hotel will read this, as they appeared to have read all other reviews; so, I send my best regards. Thank you for making me laugh too! CV

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank CDV1125
Gardenia-Verona, Direttore at Gardenia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Guest,

We received your review, and we thank you for it because we are very happy to read that our staff contributed to make your stay a pleasant one.

About the scaffolding outside your window, we apologize ourselves for the discomforts it caused to you.
The external renovation was necessary to improve our hotel to our clients advantage, and unfortunately the winter is the right period and the only one, too, to begin it.

Regarding your room's complain we would like to point out that accordingly with your reservation, we reserved a non-smoking, quiet (it means not facing the noisy street) standard single room.
Now is a matter of fact that our single rooms have all a single bed (not queen size bed) and their "size" as well as their "comforts" respect the requirements asked by law to a 3 stars hotel.
Furthermore we have only 2 rooms that are quiet and at the same time in the non-smoking area, so we did our best to meet your requests.

You wrote that in the others hotels you lodged, you found bigger rooms and the balcony, but the Hotel Gardenia has been designed to be a business hotel, and if now we lodge also many tourists, sometime the style of our forniture could seems too "Spartan", but the furniture are not dated.

Anyway, we invite you the next time to present your complain to our reception staff immediately, because, as always, we can be ready to cooperate with you to find a solution and to satisfy your requests.

Hoping to have the chance to welcome you as guest, once more, in the next future, obtaining your complete satisfaction, always at your disposal, we thank you again and remain with our best regards.
Hotel Gardenia Verona