“Very nice”

Ranked #26 of 79 Hotels in Verona
York, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Lovely hotel, and quite near the centre of Verona. The staff were friendly, and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was situated about 10 mins from the centre of Verona, and about 10 mins from the train station, which was great for us, as we travelled to Verona by train. It wasn't too expensive, and the breakfast was nice, just a basic continental breakfast. No complaints, a nice hotel to stay in Verona.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank L S
hsiena, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear guest L S,
thank you so much for your good comments.
Every comment is very important for us:
to improve our job and to consider the satisfation of our guests.
Gisella - Owner Hotel Siena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Surrey
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Situated on a quiet residential street the location is excellent and only a short 10min walk to the arena. With most hotels sold out or hiking their prices to extortionate levels during the operas season this was a real hidden gem. From the Airport, taxi to the hotel is less than 35Euro. Or you can take the Airport shuttle bus to the train station (6Euro one way). The famous gelato La Romana has a branch right on the hotel doorstop we must've dropped by twice a day during the sweltering heat of the summer. The new modern rooms are excellent and very clean with individual room climate control. Although not big they are well fitted out and equivalent to most 4 star hotel rooms without the added amenities. Breakfast is served from 7:45 to 10:30 in a quaint courtyard but is limited to basic continental food mainly served out packets. My only complaint would be getting ticked off by the waitress for refilling my coffee at 10:35 even though we had been there since 10:00. Nevertheless it was a great 2 night stay and would definitely rate this small family run business closer to 4 stars than the advertised 2 stars.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest The_loyal_traveller,
I'm Gisella, the owner of hotel Siena.
Thank you so much for your good review. I appreciate a lot all your comments about my staff and about rooms.
My family hardly works every day since the begin of XX century and I am the fourth generation of hoteliers.
Last year we finished a long work of renovation to satisfy all guests and I'm happy that you note this.
A little detail: our breakfast close at 10.00. So, I think, that my wonderful waitress Maria was so kind to allow to get breakfast till 10.35!! :-)
However she would, properly, close the breakfast room at the right time to finish her job.

I hope you will be again our guest in the nearest future.
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We recently spent a weekend in Verona and stayed at the Hotel Siena. It is a 2*-hotel, but was quite expensive, probably due to the opera season being in full swing. The hotel can easily be reached from the train station and is very close to the center. We stayed in the renovated part of the hotel, and had a nice room, very clean with comfortable beds. However, both room and bathroom were very small. A friend of ours, who came along, unfortunately got a room in the old, unrenovated part of the hotel, which was not very nice. You should make sure to get a room in the newer part, if you go there. The breakfast was okay; the typical Italian breakfast buffet with croissants, Nutella, jams, bread, yoghurt, and cereals, and a little cheese and ham. I was not impressed by their coffee and was very surprised that I had to pay for a cup of cappuccino. In most hotels, at least one cappuccino is included with the breakfast. The staff at the reception was very
friendly and helpful, besides an older man who was grumpy every time I saw him. But all in all, a good choice to stay in Verona!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room in the renovated part!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear madame bettinaNguy,
I'm Gisella, the owner of Hotel Siena
thanks a lot for your positive feedback and for your compliments. I'm always happy to satisfy my guests.
We have two different kind of rooms: modern and classic. You have book a modern room in the renotaved wing of the hotel.
But the classic rooms are not bad! They are very quiet, facing with a balcony on the courtyard. They are furnished with italian classic style in cherry-wood. The bathroom is new also. All the amenities and comfort are the same of modern room.
So, if you will stay again with us, I suggest you to try also the classic room to change idea :-)
Studio city
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We booked 2 nights at this hotel but only stayed for one. We payed $155 Euros a night and our room looked like motel 6 ( in the new renovated section of the hotel)
The room had a funny smell and our view was of the hotel wall.
Breakfast is only served from 7:45- 10:00 and coffe or tea is extra.
We booked our second night in a better location ( next to the arena) at hotel Giulietta e Romeo.
It costed us 60 euro extra but at least u get what you paid for.
If you are looking for a nice boutique hotel stay away.
On a positive note Verona is out of this world.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tsalamon
hsiena, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear madame Salamon,
I'm Gisella, the owner of the hotel and the receptionist when you check in.
I'm sorry for your not positive feedback about us,
but I would add some important things after your complain.
I have received your booking and in the commentary was written: "lower floor and quiet room".
We have provided you a nice room at 1st floor on a little courtyard. The most silent room in the hotel!
When you arrived at the hotel, you have asked me to change the room with a room with balcony on the street on a top floor. Sorry but we aren't superman! The hotel was fully booked with no chance of changements.
The "funny smell" in the room was the odor of new forniture. In my opinion, not sure a bad smell.
About the breakfast, I would say that coffee and tea are ALWAYS free included in the breakfast. Why do you write this? :-(
We are happy if you find good hotel Giulietta&Romeo: it's a lovely three star hotel. We are two star hotel, with different prices of course. Maybe, you have to look at more stars hotel when you book your trip if you have luxury needs.
However, you paid 155 Euro in our hotel because you booked on a webportal a triple room instead a double without knowing it.
southwest
Reviewed 15 June 2013

A very conveniently situated hotel. The rooms were clean, the staff were friendly and the breakfast room was very pretty. The shower was powerful with plenty of hot water. The breakfast was fine though it was let down by poor coffee. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest freebird_9,
I'm Gisella, the owner of Hotel Siena
Thank you so much for your lovely review.
A lot of good comments make us believe that we are on the right way.
See you soon,
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Hotel Siena was conveniently located near the train station only a ten minute walk and it was close to everything in town. The room was very modern and super clean. The breakfast in the mourning was simple but good it had yogurt, toast, cereal, coffee, tea and other typical things. The staff was very friendly. It was a good price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElyottR
hsiena, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear TripAdvisor reader,
this review was written few times ago.
If you wish update informations about our hotel, I kindly invite you to read all the new reviews and to visit our official website & FB page.
I hope you could become the our satisfied customer, my best regards,
Gisella - Owner
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This was a great hotel for us, for our first time in Italy. Friendly staff and a good location; only ten minutes from the Piazza Bra and the Arena di Verona, where opera is during the summer months. The hotel is central enough but also quite for those who wish to be close enough to the centre, and Verona is a wonderful city to explore.
Hotel is clean and air conditioned, most important when temperatures reach 38 degrees. From our point of view everything was good and relaxed, breakfast (continental) and beds and showers.
Personally we couldn't have wished for anything more from a hotel given our budget requirements.
Just a couple of things to mention. There is a Eurospar close to the Hotel for small necessities e.g. fruit and water etc,with no obvious signs of where it is, but turn right outside the hotel and it is about five minutes walk as you go towards the Piazza Bra. The other might be termed a gem when the weather is very warm. About twenty minutes from the Hotel is the Verona Lido which is very reasonable priced, under 7 euros, for admission (don't forget your swim cap a mandatory requirement). It provided us with a couple of days respite which you may want to seek out if you have either time on your hands, especially again, if the weather is rather warm.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank surfer56_19
hsiena, Proprietario at Hotel Siena, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor reader,
this review was written few times ago.
If you wish up-to-date informations about our hotel, I kindly invite you to read all the new reviews and to visit our official website & FB page.
I hope you could become the our satisfied customer, my best regards,