“Nice but not a lot of character.”
Review of Hotel Europa

Hotel Europa
Ranked #47 of 79 Hotels in Verona
Hamilton,MT
“Nice but not a lot of character.”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I thought this place was okay. Kind of expensive (120 a night for two in early November) but convenient location. We asked for a room in the front with a little balcony window - big mistake! It was noisy until 1:00 in the morning. This was on a Friday night. Not sure how the rooms in the back would have been. Breakfast was good and in a pretty room. The desk help wasn't overly friendly but not rude either. Overall, I thought this was just an average place in just about everything. If you like convenience and don't care about character, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back if you want to get to sleep early.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2012

This was the only hotel in our trip that (rudely) insisted we give our hotel key back when we stepped out of the hotel. When we returned, we deliberately gave the different front desk clerk an incorrect name and room number and they still have us our key!!

They also attempted to keep our passports for our entire stay! As others have said in reviews here, the staff are beyond rude. Everything from a second cup of coffee at breakfast to restaurant recommendations were too much effort.

The hotel is in a good location, but the room was old and had a metal shutter window that looked straight into a wall. I'd look elsewhere

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JR_Aus

Travellers are raving about these Verona hotels

Frimley Green, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights, and it was my first solo trip so the location was important to me as I wanted to be central and close enough to The Arena to walk around at night by myself. This hotel ticked all the boxes. It was clean and comfortable, and offered a good breakfast. Less than 5 minutes walk to The Arena and local attractions, in an area with a very nice ambiance - lots of eating places, cafes and bars and the all-important geletarias! Also within a 5 minute walk is the castle - do not miss this wonderful place - the bridge beside it is well worth strolling across with all the promenading Veronese.

I had some deliciousl meals during my stay - I avoided the restaurants on the big piazzas, opting for smaller places away from the places full of tourists and was spoilt for choice.

The hotel was good and I am happy to recommend it and I would definitely stay there again. Verona is a truly beautiful city - wear comfortable shoes and walk as much and as far as you can to see as much as possible. I was lucky enough to go to a concert at The Arena and that was an experience I shall never forget - sitting in a Roman arena, listening to one of my favourite performers under a starry sky - amazing! I am already longing to go back again ......

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MJL18
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Elegant and cozy.

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay here very much. The staff was friendly and the location is ideal. Our room was small but it was not an issue. It was extremely clean. Internet is provided free of charge. AC was a plus.

We stayed for a night and we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T N
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I've been in this hotel just this summer for 1 night.
Rooms is not too small nor too big, elevator was small for us carrying strollers and luggage.
Rooms are in modern style but you can see they are not new. Bathroom was good.
Hotel is a fair 3 *, I would give higher review for the location. It's located in the town's center 1 minute walk from Arena and all attractions.
You don’t need any car nor transportation from there, just walk out the main door.
Unfortunately it’s very pricy.
Aircon was a bit tricky

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Giulio B
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent two days in Verona. We stayed at the Europa, an unpretentious but very cosy hotel. The location is perfect, very close to the historic centre. The room was not big, it is true, but more than enough for us (we travel light). The hotel is very clean. Breakfast is OK for a 3-star. Prices are adequate and the personnel kind and efficient. And, yes, they have a garage. We will be back.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Antonino P
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel met our needs for one night in Verona. It was close to everything, and had a private garage. The garage is of the tiny sort. Free internet, and ok standard on the rooms. The piccolo gave us very good service and recomended a different room for us which we were very pleased with. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple