“DO NOT USE. THIS PEOPLE TOOK MY MONEY AND A YEAR LATER HAVE STILL NOT REIMBURSED FOR A CANCELLED SHOW!!!!”
Review of Arena di Verona

and up
Verona Arena Skip the Line Tour
Ranked #1 of 169 Sights & Landmarks in Verona
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in the first century AD, this is one of the best conserved Roman amphitheatres, whose seating area is made up of 44 levels and can hold up to 22,000 spectators.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked tickets to see Aida at Arena Di Verona on 27th June 2013 for my wife's 40th birthday. It was cancelled because of extreme rain which was unfortunate but nobodies fault. I was advised to contact the arena for a refund. I sent them my banking details for a refund of nearly 200 euros and, guess what, nearly one year later, they have still not paid me despite over 20 emails chasing them up and phone calls. I am disgusted with the way they have treated me......

I WOULD SUGGEST NOT BOOKING TICKETS UNLESS YOU ARE ABLE TO GO PERSONALLY TO GET A REFUND AS THEY USE THE FACT YOU ARE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY TO AVOID PAYING YOU> DISGUSTING AND DECEITFUL PEOPLE!!!! Their website address is www.arena.it

1  Thank neilinspain
Write a ReviewReviews (13,973)
All reviews
in 424 reviews
"colosseum"
in 333 reviews

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Unfortunately there was no opera performance during our visit to Verona but the Arena is a most memorable place to see anyway.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just lovely! Beautiful views and just amazing to be in something build so long ago. Nice place to relax and imagine all of what might have gone on here!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I love everything ancient and Roman so this should have been an ideal combination. However, it was not. It is a giant construction sight for which they charge 6 euro entrance per person to watch workers construct a stage. The incredibly ugly metal chairs that seem to be permanent add to the awful view. Nothing like the atmosphere in the Colosseum. This is one attraction best viewed from outside.

1  Thank Cleo123456
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I visited the Arena 6 years ago, and absolutely loved it. It was so well preserved and beautiful. I visited it 3 days ago, and was charged 12Euro, and walked in to find the entire place a building site for a concert. A massive stage resurrected in the centre, and all the stone seats covered in metal flip chairs. It was so disappointing. I wish there had been signs to tell me that, or I wouldn't have wasted my money.

Also there was only one toilet available - which was a man's bathroom and it was incredibly unclean.

1  Thank ImogenS93