“So many years and still going strong!”
Review of Arena di Verona

and up
Verona Arena Skip the Line Tour
Ranked #1 of 10 Concerts & Shows in Verona
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in the first century AD, this is one of the best conserved Roman amphitheatres, whose seating area is made up of 44 levels and can hold up to 22,000 spectators.
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“So many years and still going strong!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Arena was spectacular and I can only imagine how beautiful it must be to watch a performance in this arena (unfortunately, nothing was playing when we visited). There is only one section of the old outer wall remaining. But, this bit was beautiful. What I would have liked to see more was more of the description of how things were in the old Roman times. There is only one box for audio tour, that you cannot carry along with you. So, a mobile audio tour guide would have been lovely.

Thank K.P S

45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great visit”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Went with friends who watched a show in the evening which they really enjoyed although a little too long finishing at 12pm as we had our son with us. Fantastic site and well worth a visit, actually a must see if you are Verona as you cannot miss it in the large square. We enjoyed a meal in the square right opposite which was lovely.

Branford, CT
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Arena di Verona - A bit of a disappointment”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

As Roman amphitheaters go, the condition of this one is outstanding. We've been to the one in Rome, but not the one near Naples. Our disappointment was the fact that the place was equipped for a high-tech production facility in anticipation of the upcoming opera season, so we paid 6 Euros for the privilege of walking on not ancient Roman stones, but an artificial floor and a venue full of awful rows of seating everywhere in the arena, even up the steps, as well. Then there was the grandiose stage. All of this was to remain in place until fall. Sorry, but I'll take the Greek amphitheaters at Taormina or Ephesus any day. We expected the flurry of tourists, and the fake Roman centurions, complete with swords, outside hawking photo-ops looked like they just got off the plane from their Rome Colosseum assignment. I doubt that we would have learned much from the guided tour that would have told us no more than we could get off the Internet....i.e., the place is old!!

london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“DO NOT USE. THIS PEOPLE TOOK MY MONEY AND A YEAR LATER HAVE STILL NOT REIMBURSED FOR A CANCELLED SHOW!!!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked tickets to see Aida at Arena Di Verona on 27th June 2013 for my wife's 40th birthday. It was cancelled because of extreme rain which was unfortunate but nobodies fault. I was advised to contact the arena for a refund. I sent them my banking details for a refund of nearly 200 euros and, guess what, nearly one year later, they have still not paid me despite over 20 emails chasing them up and phone calls. I am disgusted with the way they have treated me......

I WOULD SUGGEST NOT BOOKING TICKETS UNLESS YOU ARE ABLE TO GO PERSONALLY TO GET A REFUND AS THEY USE THE FACT YOU ARE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY TO AVOID PAYING YOU> DISGUSTING AND DECEITFUL PEOPLE!!!! Their website address is www.arena.it

Visited June 2013
1 Thank neilinspain
Sussex, England
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Wonderful arena”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Unfortunately there was no opera performance during our visit to Verona but the Arena is a most memorable place to see anyway.