“A local gem hidden from tourists. Must see. Good food and good price. Well worth the trip.”
Review of Piper

Piper
Reserve with
Piper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 1,222 Restaurants in Verona
Price range: US$14 - US$96
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

Piper bar and restaurant is located on top of a beautiful hill close to Verona city center. It is about five kms away, takes about 10-15 minutes to get there by car. The restaurant has open decks with a glorious view and a lot of interior dining space. Waiters are kind and are happy to assist you. House wine is 10 euros per liter and it is good quality. You can find local Italian food. The sea food platter is very good. We had lots of drink and more food than we can eat and ended up only paying 30 euros per person. I definitely recommend this restaurant. A must see in Verona. Make sure to make a reservation, especially on the weekend.

There are newer reviews for Piper

Reviewed 26 October 2012

English menu available, good service, great dessert, excellent food, plenty to choose from, very nice restaurant

Reviewed 10 October 2012

The restaurant is located out of town, so taxi ride of about €20-25 from Verona.
It is a young, modern, lively Italian restaurant You can dress up if you feel like it.
We had a wonderful evening, reservations are generally required, and we booked on the Saturday afternoon for the evening. The food on the whole was good to excellent (those in my party recommended the steak, calamari and rocket & raisin salad).
If I was in Verona again, more than happy to go back.... in the day time so we could see the views.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Piper is positioned on the top of the hill above Verona and provides a spectacular view in the evening especially. It is a modern place with loud dance music (in the evening). The meat selection is good and well prepared but nothing special. Commercial place, far from the authentic selection of placed to eat well in Verona and the suroundings. The staff are young and cheerful but slow, ill organised and mannered in serving. The dessert choice is large but very "industrial". I would not recommend unless you wish to enjoy the view and company and do not pay too much focus on the food and sevice. In the summer evenings, take a spray against mosquitos. Difficult to reach unless you have a car.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I had a dinner with a friend, so we were looking something posh to try.
We decide to go the the Piper...
She made the booking, but when we arrived, they looked confuse. We wait 10-15 minutes and in the meantime the prepare the table in front of us.
The staff look to me too young and not so professional....from how to open a bottle of wine to how clean the table!
The food is ok...nothing special. I also had the feeling that something was freeze, not fresh at all! I couldn't finish my pasta portion!
The place is nice, overlooking the Verona city but with the tables too close to each other...it was nearly impossible to have a private conversation!
I don't think to try again this place...