“Well worth doing. Great way to see the city”
Review of Veronality

Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Italian Cooking Class in Verona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Veronality is a local staff of tour leaders and tourist guides that directly carries out experiences for small shared groups or private, by bike, walking, on a Vespa and cooking classes
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I did this tour last week with my husband, parents and 2 year old son (on a seat on my husbands bike). My son's helmut was good quality and the perfect size, which had been a concern I had before the tour.

We are not fit people so we were flagging a little towards the end but it is very achievable. There was one big hill, which we walked up pushing the bikes but the view at the top made this more than worth while.

The only minor disappointment for me was that Romeo and Juliet was not referred to except in passing our guide mentioned that we were passing close to Juliet's balcony. When I asked if we were going to see it she said it was not suitable for bikes. I would like to have locked up the bikes for 10 minutes to walk up the lane for a look.

Overall through I loved the tour and the passion of the guide for her home town.

2  Thank Lainey20Blue
in 4 reviews
in 4 reviews
"small group"
in 14 reviews
"wonderful food and wine"
"great bike"
in 5 reviews
"nice trip"
"meeting spot"
"lovely guide"
in 5 reviews
"italian cuisine"
in 3 reviews
"answered all our questions"
in 3 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Found out about these bike tours through Trip Advisor. It was a perfect way to see the city. Alejandro was a great tour guide. He shared his personal stories of the city. My wife, child (11), and I had a great time. The tour took us to many parts of the city that would take hours to see by foot, but a simple ride for three hours.
I would recommend having this tour first thing after arriving to get the layout of the town. After the tour, you will know where you want to go in the city on your own. They also rent bikes if you want to venture out again on your own.

1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Although their website says this is an easy bike tour, I would have to disagree with that. We met as promised at Castelvecchio at 9 am and walked back to pick up the bikes 5 minutes away. Two other couples were on this tour, a total of 7 adults and 2 kids. One couple had a baby and a 5 year old. The 5 year old was accompanying one parent on a tandem bike trailer while the other parent had the baby in a baby seat. The second I saw the tandem bike I knew this wasn’t going to work. The bike trailer needed to be adjusted and we waited around 40 minutes for them to fix it. We’re finally off and 20 minutes into the bike ride, the child has to be removed since the trailer twisted and she would have fallen off. The child and parent are left behind and we begin again without them. We enjoyed some lovely sites, the Arena, house of Giuletta, Torre dei Lamberti, etc. Then our ascent uphill begins. The hill was so steep we had to walk our bikes up for most of it. All of us were in good shape but we could see kids under the age of 10, overweight people, or seniors potentially struggle going uphill. Our guide was nice but offered very basic information that could be obtained from a map. We had a good finish although the start was delayed.

3  Thank EscapeChick
Matteo-vrbt, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Veronality, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear customer, thank you for the feedback, the tour involved was reported by the guide; he had difficulties with the trailer.

We are trying to improve the service. The trailer is in fact used for children who can ride a bike but could not pedaling uphill or 3h. Generally, the climb in the path is approached very slowly pushing the bike talking, just to allow everyone to rise.

Historical explanations are definitely a part of the trip that allows you to see beyond the old town a good part of the city. The center is the part that lends itself more to an explanation, is seen at the beginning and it is only a part of the tour. For the rest we want to give a panel of the city and curiosity within a bike tour.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I really enjoyed the bike ride, although part of it was up a VERY steep hill that would be a challenge for most anyone. Out guide was nice and very thoughtful, but her English was minimal and her knowledge of the sites was also minimal. We enjoyed the ride, but would like it to have more details and light history of the places we go through and stop at.
It was a fun way to spend a few hours of the day and see the city.

4  Thank 1trina